Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Send T.J. Oshie on a hot air balloon into the sun. What does that guy even do.

oh lol he actually scored. I still believe he should be launched into the sun on general principle.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Send T.J. Oshie on a hot air balloon into the sun. What does that guy even do.

oh lol he actually scored. I still believe he should be launched into the sun on general principle.

Show some respect for an American Hero, fool.

Apple pie!

That felt dirty.....

"No, no, Jake Allen's a young guy, he's learning, we're in no position to pull him." says Ken Hitchcock

*Goal 5 seconds later*

Elliott's in.

everything%20will%20be%20fire_zps1cvn06v

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That Oshie goal right at the end of the period is just what the Wild didn't need. I think Minnesota will need to score at least once more in the 3rd to put the Blues away.

CCSLC signature.png

"No, no, Jake Allen's a young guy, he's learning, we're in no position to pull him." says Ken Hitchcock

*Goal 5 seconds later*

Elliott's in.

I turned off the game right after he said that line. I somewhat regret that decision now!

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

So this is likely going to be, what, the seventh time in eight years I think that St. Louis has gotten a first round exit? I feel for them but damn. How many times can they continue to fail and not be the Cup winning team so many people predict in September?

They're exactly like the Sharks, except for the fact that they don't think stripes slow them down. But in all seriousness, they need to blow it all up. Fire Hitchcock, and get rid of everyone except for Tarasenko.

I don't think blowing it up is really gonna do much. They have a few good pieces on the team, but I don't think they've even been to the WCF since the 60's.

Okay, upon further review, it does look like they made it twice, about 15 years apart. Either way, it's dumbfounding to see how puck luck hasn't fallen their way, at least once.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Flip Backes, Oshie, and Bouwmeester and soldier on. There's plenty of talent on that team, but seriously, wash your hands of those losers.

Blues eliminated in 6 games in round 1.

THE TRADITION LIVES!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Backes seems like the kind of guy Peter Chiarelli would love. Hope you enjoyed your stay in Edmonton, Mr. Hall and Mr. Nugent-Hopkins.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

So since the Blues became an elite team, they're only 1-4 in playoff rounds. The only win was against the Sharks in 2012, and I remember over the last 2 months, SJ's offense went down the drain scoring goals, which continued vs the Blues those playoffs.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

This new NHL playoff format gives us the 1, 8, 4, and 6 seeds. Oh, joy.

Just a reminder that the NHL playoff format sucks.

God, if the NHL second round ends up with Rangers/Capitals, Wild/Blackhawks, and (it's not out of the realm of possibility) Sens-Wings.... thank god for Ducks/Flames.

Backes seems like the kind of guy Peter Chiarelli would love. Hope you enjoyed your stay in Edmonton, Mr. Hall and Mr. Nugent-Hopkins.

David Backes in Edmonton: the punch in the turd bowl.

And my irrational confidence Blues get me yet again. For the past...well...it seems like forever now, the playoffs start, I look at the Blues, and I think this just might be the year they pull it off. After this, you'd think I'll have learned my lesson. Nope. Next year the Blues will probably have another good regular season and I'll be right there thinking they can't fall short forever, this year they'll finally break through and win that elusive Stanley Cup. Rinse, repeat. And I'm not even a Blues fan. I have to think actual Blues fans must be feeling...well...about the same as they always do when this team checks out and heads for the golf course.

Oh well. When we did our NHL season preview on BASS, I picked the Wild* to win the Western Conference.

*We'll ignore last week's BASS when my irrational confidence in the Blues got me to pick them to win this series. Sorry I ever doubted you, Minnesota.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived