In search of Larry O'Brien: 2015 NBA Playoffs

buzzcut

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been to two St. Louis "sports bars" tonight and I get 90 percent Cardinals, 10* percent NASCAR and absolutely no NBA or NHL. Is that weird? This second bar is playing music. Send help.

*one exception is one TV with lacrosse. Lacrosse?! Is this real life?

- It was clearly a Dirty Dancing parody; if you didn't get that you need to be more aware of the culture around you.

I'm not sure Dirty Dancing is still part of the culture surrounding us, and I'm old. Jennifer Grey is unrecognizable and Patrick Swayze is, well... he's ghost, he's Swayze. (That's a dated EPMD reference, for the uninitiated.) But is that really a movie that has endured through generations?

Of course! Dirty Dancing and The Breakfast Club were the always-on-TBS-every-weekend movies. They have plenty of life.

Right, "were" being the key word here, meaning Dirty Dancing "had" plenty of life. And when "was" it always on? Like 20-25 years ago?

"Dirty Dancing" has not really endured through the generations.

Would you say that "Ernest Goes to Jail" has endured though the generations? I remember that being the Saturday Afternoon Movie on the WB pretty often in the 90s, so I guess it still has life.

Big day in Washington! Bryce Harper hits a walkoff HR, Paul Pierce makes that game winning shot. Awesome!

Now that you mention that...

Has an MLB team ever won a game off a walk-off HR the same day an NBA team from the same city hit a game-winning buzzer beater? I can't imagine that has happened too often, if ever.

I'm not a huge NBA fan, but even I know trying to win the first game on the road in a series is difficult. Yet, Tirico and the NBA in general needs to stop with the constant overhype. Even if the Warriors were winning, it would still be annoying.

ABC & Tirico - Give credit where credit is due, Memphis is playing all out. It's not just the Warriors not making shots - have you even been watching the game? Warriors are not making shots because the majority of them are contested forcing them to get out of their comfort zone and take crazy shots which are not going in tonight. - Sincerely, the casual fan.

Also, Paul Pierce's reaction to "Did you call bank" he was like, "did you really just ask me that?"

Attention ABC and Tirico - Memphis might be up 16, but I'll say @Boston and @New Orleans Game 3. Not saying it will happen again, but if it does, then you can overhype the hype, I'm mean we shouldn't be surprised if it happens, but no doubt he will be. :)

- It was clearly a Dirty Dancing parody; if you didn't get that you need to be more aware of the culture around you.

I'm not sure Dirty Dancing is still part of the culture surrounding us, and I'm old. Jennifer Grey is unrecognizable and Patrick Swayze is, well... he's ghost, he's Swayze. (That's a dated EPMD reference, for the uninitiated.) But is that really a movie that has endured through generations?

Of course! Dirty Dancing and The Breakfast Club were the always-on-TBS-every-weekend movies. They have plenty of life.

Right, "were" being the key word here, meaning Dirty Dancing "had" plenty of life. And when "was" it always on? Like 20-25 years ago?

I think the last time I watched it on TBS/TNT was about six years ago. I'm sure it's been on since then.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

After the regular season, GSW was 44-0 in games when their opponent scored 99 or less.....

Now they are now 44-2.

Curry was 4-21 from 3PT range in games 2 & 3.

Same $hit in 30 years during the playoffs: GSW bigs < Opponent bigs

My god, there is actually a chance we get a Grizzlies/Wizards NBA Finals

That or Memphis/Atlanta would be the worst possible outcomes. I don't particularly want to see this Bulls team there either.

It's nice to see new blood come up and juggernauts or perennial powers go down, but when you're left with nothing but gritty underdogs, that's not all that great sometimes.

Of what's left, give me Golden State/Cleveland and I'll watch. I might tune in for Clippers schadenfreude, but again, I'm still not ready for the possibility of the Clippers in the final. I can't properly register that.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Memphis feels like a mid-to-late 90s holdover in a new era of basketball.

They're the only team left that tries to strangle offenses.

In this era of copycat basketball, I hope teams don't copycat the Grizz and we're back to late 90s unwatchable ball.

As someone who likes watching threes fall.... it's like Memphis is straight out of the pre 3-point line 70s.

Memphis feels like a mid-to-late 90s holdover in a new era of basketball.

They're the only team left that tries to strangle offenses.

In this era of copycat basketball, I hope teams don't copycat the Grizz and we're back to late 90s unwatchable ball.

As someone who likes watching threes fall.... it's like Memphis is straight out of the pre 3-point line 70s.

In the era of efficiency and PER, Memphis ironically has John Hollinger on staff. They are everything his ratings oppose since they love mid range jumpers and have poor outside shooters.

I'm torn because I always get excited for the grit-'n'-grind Grizzlies and the possibility of bringing joy to Memphis, but I want to see this Warriors team go all the way too. I don't think they're going to foster a new era of unwatchable NBA basketball, though. Whichever team gets Tom Thibodeau next year might come out with a renewed commitment to defense, but that's about it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived