Chapeeko

So... it has been awhile. I've been lurking recently and I saw raysox's American Premier League and his excellent new template. So I decided to try my hand at some kits. For some reason I was drawn to the South American countries so I figured, screw it, might as well do all the CONMEBOL nations while I'm at it. I am pretty happy with how most of these turned out, however I am looking forward to any C&C on them. I'll be going in alphabetical order, so without further adieu...Argentina.

Argentina has always had such a classic look with the sky blue and white striped kit with black shorts. There was no debate over what I wanted the shirt to look like, so I went to the shorts. Argentina has experimented with shorts other than the classic black. I thought the blue looked atrocious, so I was torn between white and black. I chose black because I felt it helped the shirt pop more. Finally, I had to choose the color for the socks. La Albiceleste have worn both black and also white stockings with their black shorts. The black shorts on black socks seemed a little too much, and I felt the white helped balance the colors more, thus I went with white. Then I kept it simple by adding some black accents to the kit to complement the shorts and socks.

For the clash the color choice was pretty obvious. I particularly enjoyed their 2014 World Cup look. However, I felt that the hoops shouldn't fade as they move down the shirt, so I made slightly darker navy hoops. The gold accents on the jersey looked spectacular, so I chose to utilize gold as well. I figured the gold can stand for the rich history and success that the Argentinians have enjoyed. The shorts feature the darker navy from the hoops and gold Adidas stripes. I finished it off with complementary navy and dark navy striped socks with more gold Adidas striping.

Any C&C is appreciated. Let me know how I did on Argentina.Thanks.

Argentina.png.e74c1c912e3e8bb66b9043f49e95afdd.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good look on both the kits, really like the dark blue and gold. good start to this thread

A few things you might want to change.

1. make the logo on the chest bigger, maybe the same size as the shorts, its really hard to see

2. take the black outline on the logo for the home kit

3. keep the normal colors for the logo on the home shorts

4. make the adidas stripes on the home kit, black on the top, blue on the shorts and socks

I'm not a fan. It misses a lot of continuity, as design work. I'm not seeing any thing common to both kits except the template. One uses majorly black, when the other don't have any black. Same thing for gold. There's no connection. Look like two different concepts that do not match at all. You do not even have a choice of shorts with light colors. The execution is good, but the planning is poor.

Looking forward to Brazil, hope you get better with it.

I'm not a fan. It misses a lot of continuity, as design work. I'm not seeing any thing common to both kits except the template. One uses majorly black, when the other don't have any black. Same thing for gold. There's no connection. Look like two different concepts that do not match at all. You do not even have a choice of shorts with light colors. The execution is good, but the planning is poor.

You obviously don't know much about soccer/football kits and Argentina kits. They typically wear black shorts and typically have a all blue away kit. In terms of continuity I have no idea what you are talking about, there is no rule that says just because u have one color in one kit does not mean u need to have everywhere else. Some teams have kits that aren't even colors in their logo, like QPR in England is typically white and blue stripes for home and red and black stripes away.

Educate yourself man, come on

You obviously don't know much about soccer/football kits and Argentina kits. They typically wear black shorts and typically have a all blue away kit. In terms of continuity I have no idea what you are talking about, there is no rule that says just because u have one color in one kit does not mean u need to have everywhere else. Some teams have kits that aren't even colors in their logo, like QPR in England is typically white and blue stripes for home and red and black stripes away.

Educate yourself man, come on

Sorry, but the only one saying nonsense here is you. Even before that stupid FIFA Rule to keep all parts of kit contrasting with other team, Argentina ALSO WORE WHITE AWAY SHORTS.

2002:

12mat2.jpg

2008:

Argentina0809awayblackwhiteblack3.jpg?im

The problem isn't have two dark shorts. The problem is don't have light shorts. To comply with FIFA rule, light shorts are needed.

About Bolivia: Marathon sould in fact contract someone to do their Design work, and you nailed it so good.

Can't agree with you at all there. Many international teams use different colours and templates for their kits (see Germany greens, Argentina 2014 etc.) the gold is a nice touch in the clash with the darker blue, but the black works really well in the light blue/white of the primary, and they wouldn't work so well the other way around. I really don't see why you'd have a problem with the two kits.

As for the concepts, I really like both of them. Even though the Argentina kit reminds me of what they wore at the last world cup, it still looks pretty sharp. Same goes for that Bolivia kit. looks classy.

You are just being pedantic, its a concept, you don't have to have a pair of light shorts. Frankly I think the black shorts work for the home, better then white shorts, and the all blue look is better. That FIFA rule doesn't have to apply here. Make a constructive comment, don't be over specific, you just ruin the designs when you do that.

Next up. Bolivia!

I tried to incorporate their flag into the design, and I also darkened their green a little to be a more unique shade.

Bolivia_zpsromxctek.png?t=1433859092

Bolivia looks great.

Brazil, maybe just blue and white for the away, but I like both the designs either way

I agree that the blue shorts on the home would look better with a white stripe, rather than yellow. Also, maybe make the away kit have white too so it could be paired with the blue shorts, as I just think the white trim is better for the blue parts of the uniform. Also, I like your yellow home shirt, but I would like to see some more originality, as it is nearly identical to the one they used prior to the World Cup.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived