fouhy12's 2015 NFL Re-Design (32/32 - 49ers and Titans)

fouhy12

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice work on the dolphins.. 1 small change i think would help kill 2 birds with 1 stone - make the DOLPHINS wordmark orange on the aqua jersey... it would add even more of the underused color, and it would also cause the wordmark to not "stand out" quite as much (i'm not a big fan of chest wordmarks in football - which is what i love about the older/more traditional uniforms)... but otherwise, i 'm a huge fan of this dolphins concept!

I'm not sure if orange would contrast enough, but I'll try it to see how it looks. Thanks for the input!

I'm interested to see what the Bears will look like and if you used the orange numbers .

No orange numbers on the Bears! In fact, I changed up the design just a little and based it on another Chicago team.

I like the small addition of Navy blue here.

I thought it added nice contrast between the orange and aqua. Thanks for noticing!

That sleeve striping on Miami is real nice, and the italic numbers seem to work pretty well. I'd be interested to see the rest of the numbers to get a feel for the whole font.

The sleeve striping is actually where I started with the design. From there, the rest of the uniform grew. The font I used is Invader 2014 from Conrad, here is the link.

I love everything about the Cardinals set, facemask and stripes included.

The Falcons set is perfect.

Ditching the silver was a good call for the Pats and Panthers, 2 of my least favorite current sets.

I agree with everyone on the Broncos, but I do like the pants. Maybe use white piping on the jersey stripes to make the orange stand out?

The Packers look great.

The A&M stripes look better on the Colts than on the Aggies.

The Redskins look fine, but I wouldn't mind the current helmet stripes being used all around in place of the ribbon style. The shoulders make me think of Oklahoma St and the ribbons Miss St.

The Saints set is perfect! I love everything about it!

Congrats on making the Jags look professional again.

The Ravens have some of my favorite unis now, but I hate how awkward the logo looks when the B goes the opposite way. You may have found the solution if you'd use the current shade of purple or just stay with black. This is the hardest part of the helmet because, if the secondary logo doesn't look good, then raven head should drop the B or only be used on one side of the helmet. The flag on the shoulders is good, but there needs to be gold throughout the entire uni.

The Bills looks awesome!

The Texans have great jerseys. Like Baltimore, I'm not a fan of the reverse logo on the helmet, but there might not be much you can do. I don't think adding bull horns a la the Rams would look great, so stick with it. A stripe on the white would look good though. I like the jersey stripes.

The Eagles looks great as well!

The Bengal patch looks awkward. I think the Orange pants need to have full stripes like the helmet or be dropped; it just looks weird.

The Rams currently have one of my favorite white tops, but I can't really complain here. You sacrificed the gold for more of a yellow, but the Navy looks excellent instead of Royal. Excellent.

I may be in the minority here, but I'd like to see the cutout around the bolts go. Also, the white helmet is great since it would work well with both the Powder and Navy jerseys, not one or the other.

I love what you did for the Lions! If Kentucky wouldn't have beaten you to the checkerboard, I'd like it too, but I hate borrowing from colleges.

The Steelers has a great modern feel, but you kept most of the classic. Nice. Not a fan of the white pants though.

Those Bucs jerseys are some of the best on here.

No complaints on the Dolphins either.

I'm finally all caught up! Haha. In addition to the Cowboys, I can't wait to see the Cheifs, Raiders, and Browns.

I love everything about the Cardinals set, facemask and stripes included.

The Falcons set is perfect.

Ditching the silver was a good call for the Pats and Panthers, 2 of my least favorite current sets.

I agree with everyone on the Broncos, but I do like the pants. Maybe use white piping on the jersey stripes to make the orange stand out?

The Packers look great.

The A&M stripes look better on the Colts than on the Aggies.

The Redskins look fine, but I wouldn't mind the current helmet stripes being used all around in place of the ribbon style. The shoulders make me think of Oklahoma St and the ribbons Miss St.

The Saints set is perfect! I love everything about it!

Congrats on making the Jags look professional again.

The Ravens have some of my favorite unis now, but I hate how awkward the logo looks when the B goes the opposite way. You may have found the solution if you'd use the current shade of purple or just stay with black. This is the hardest part of the helmet because, if the secondary logo doesn't look good, then raven head should drop the B or only be used on one side of the helmet. The flag on the shoulders is good, but there needs to be gold throughout the entire uni.

The Bills looks awesome!

The Texans have great jerseys. Like Baltimore, I'm not a fan of the reverse logo on the helmet, but there might not be much you can do. I don't think adding bull horns a la the Rams would look great, so stick with it. A stripe on the white would look good though. I like the jersey stripes.

The Eagles looks great as well!

The Bengal patch looks awkward. I think the Orange pants need to have full stripes like the helmet or be dropped; it just looks weird.

The Rams currently have one of my favorite white tops, but I can't really complain here. You sacrificed the gold for more of a yellow, but the Navy looks excellent instead of Royal. Excellent.

I may be in the minority here, but I'd like to see the cutout around the bolts go. Also, the white helmet is great since it would work well with both the Powder and Navy jerseys, not one or the other.

I love what you did for the Lions! If Kentucky wouldn't have beaten you to the checkerboard, I'd like it too, but I hate borrowing from colleges.

The Steelers has a great modern feel, but you kept most of the classic. Nice. Not a fan of the white pants though.

Those Bucs jerseys are some of the best on here.

No complaints on the Dolphins either.

I'm finally all caught up! Haha. In addition to the Cowboys, I can't wait to see the Cheifs, Raiders, and Browns.

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to go through every team and comment on them, I really appreciate that!

I actually came up with the idea for the Redskins stripes from Oklahoma St, I thought that same striping idea would work well for the Skins. The helmet stripe wasn't supposed to be a ribbon, it was actually just supposed to be a mirrored version of the sleeve stripe to continue the angled-stripe motif on the helmet.

I'll add the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns to the queue, but I'll let other people make requests too.

Chicago Bears (22/32)

Right now, the Bears have some of the best uniforms in the NFL. They are timeless and classic. However, I said I would make changes so I did. First, I slightly changed the striping pattern in a way that was inspired by the Blackhawks home jerseys. Just like how the Hawks home jerseys feature black stripes on a white background, the re-designed Bears have orange and blue stripes on a white background. Taking a cue from the Florida Gators, I kept the striping the same on all three jerseys. The third jersey is an orange one, which I brought back as an alternate. The new look is instantly recognizable as the Chicago Bears, but it adds a nice new twist with a tie-in to another team in the city.

DIdEUou.jpg

Fd8ZobQ.jpgdrc4Ede.jpg38iNR77.jpgTyF6x1A.jpg

I think the striping consistency you have here is a bit much for the bears.. I'd adjust something on the orange jersey and blue pants.. Can't put my finger on exactly what though.. The set is very solid and in theory, is perfect, but the look of the two orange stripes outlined in white on the blue jersey just doesn't translate as well to the others.. It still works on the white, but the orange falls short for some reason.. I think the design is just too much for the blue pants from any sort of distance.

Tampa looks fantastic, and Miami is definitely pushing for my favorite of the series. They just look so fresh, and better than the set they are currently wearing (which I really like).

Chicago, though I feel actually needs less striping rather than more. The stripes are also a little bit on the thin side, especially on the pants. Aside from that though, I think they look good. Not groundbreaking, but good.

I think the striping consistency you have here is a bit much for the bears.. I'd adjust something on the orange jersey and blue pants.. Can't put my finger on exactly what though.. The set is very solid and in theory, is perfect, but the look of the two orange stripes outlined in white on the blue jersey just doesn't translate as well to the others.. It still works on the white, but the orange falls short for some reason.. I think the design is just too much for the blue pants from any sort of distance.

Chicago, though I feel actually needs less striping rather than more. The stripes are also a little bit on the thin side, especially on the pants. Aside from that though, I think they look good. Not groundbreaking, but good.

I have to agree with them, the consistent striping should work, but it just doesn't. The very thin pants stripes look odd, especially for the Bears.

award%20sig.png

The Dophins look really sharp. I love the helmet stripe and the aqua facemask. The road set is just gorgeous. However I don't like navy blue for Miami; if anything I would rather see their previous teal act the way the navy currently does.

I'll second seeing the Chiefs fairly quickly.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

I have to agree with them, the consistent striping should work, but it just doesn't. The very thin pants stripes look odd, especially for the Bears.

I definitely hear what you guys are saying, and I definitely have some ideas to fix the problems you brought up.

You should make only one row of white/orange/white stripes on the pants and sleeves. Other than that, I don't see much else that's wrong with it.

This is one of the ideas I'll pursue when making changes.

I love the consistency you brought to the Beas. 10/10.

Thanks! I definitely like the consistency across all three uniforms, but I think some of the above posters brought up some good points and ideas. I don't think the striping will stay the same across all three jerseys when I re-do it.

Tampa looks fantastic, and Miami is definitely pushing for my favorite of the series. They just look so fresh, and better than the set they are currently wearing (which I really like).

The Dophins look really sharp. I love the helmet stripe and the aqua facemask. The road set is just gorgeous. However I don't like navy blue for Miami; if anything I would rather see their previous teal act the way the navy currently does.

I'll second seeing the Chiefs fairly quickly.

Thanks for the comments on Miami and Tampa. Those were definitely two of my favorite teams that I made, and if I may say so myself, I feel like I knocked the Florida teams out of the park. I actually originally used a lighter blue in place of the navy, but it simply did not have enough contrast.

Cowboys and Chiefs will be the next two teams up.

Just to touch on the striping issue.. You've done a great job with striping consistency throughout this whole series.. I think there are more ways to stay "consistent" without having to copy the exact same combination though.. That's the bears' biggest issue.. You've made various forms of "consistency" work beautifully for various teams, so I'm excited to see the adjustments you make on your updates, because you clearly have a nice grasp of different ways to achieve certain goals.. Kudos so far though!

Just to touch on the striping issue.. You've done a great job with striping consistency throughout this whole series.. I think there are more ways to stay "consistent" without having to copy the exact same combination though.. That's the bears' biggest issue.. You've made various forms of "consistency" work beautifully for various teams, so I'm excited to see the adjustments you make on your updates, because you clearly have a nice grasp of different ways to achieve certain goals.. Kudos so far though!

Thanks, that means a lot! I've tried to be really creative with my striping. As they say, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

I'm too tired to to the write-up for the Cowboys, so I'll put them up in the morning. Chiefs are all ready to go too, so I may post them tomorrow too.

I've been following this thread for at least a month and I like many of your ideas. I'm finally catching up after a vacation trip.

Being a lifelong Philadelphia Eagles fan -- and one who never really liked the old kelly green era (which is why I never bought any Eagles merchandise in the '80s) -- I was concerned about how you would render the Eagles.

I loved it -- the "greener" midnight green is excellent, the idea of emphasizing the silver/gray rather than black is a great, sort of throwback idea to the Ron Jaworski/Wilbert Montgomery era, and no one can really improve on the helmet wings. Love the eagle head secondary logo in the green and gray, too.

Not only should you send the Eagles your design yesterday, do the same for the Atlanta Falcons -- I always liked the Falcons' red helmets better, so I loved your re-design.

I'll have to catch up with the rest of the design comments, but I figured I'd start with my team...

22eb89183f6e207bcbce03d4e0b1474d.jpg

Archived