fouhy12's 2015 NFL Re-Design (32/32 - 49ers and Titans)

fouhy12

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Never thought I would see something as unique as that work. At first I didn't really get it, then I realized the connection to the architecture. Beautiful concept, even though I would like to see black pants, I know they would probably get rid of the vibe you wanted. Also, is that the older Saints logo? If it is, I like it on this uniform.

Thanks! I could probably add black pants with an alternate black helmet and see how it would look. It is the current Saints logo, just with simplified outlines.

I like the broncos orange helmets but would taper the helmet and pants stripes to match the modern style of the jersey. For the colts blue socks I would add the double stripe for consistency sake. I would take the striping off the Redskins helmet or atleast change it back to what it currently is, the ribbon motif just isn't working IMO. Also the yellow socks would stick out, I would change that to white with the striping from the white pants. Saints look good and original, great work overall!

I definitely agree with you about the Broncos and Colts. I'll look at making those changes for the Redskins. I can definitely see what you're saying about them. Thanks for the comments!

I'm in love with that saints uniform great work

That's some sweet striping there.

Awesome job on the Saints! I love the Gold/black/white look. Wish they went back to it or even just had the white pants option.

And thanks!

Thanks for the comments guys, it means a lot!

Next person who comments gets to pick the next team I post!

As a Texans fan, I naturally would like to see what you have in store for them.. But from a design standpoint, I'm also interested in the Jaguars, Bucs, and Ravens. Keep up the great work!!!

As a Texans fan, I naturally would like to see what you have in store for them.. But from a design standpoint, I'm also interested in the Jaguars, Bucs, and Ravens. Keep up the great work!!!

Seconded. One of those teams would be fun to see. Especially Jacksonville since it's in need of some new uniforms.

Jacksonville Jaguars (10/32)

Let's start with the helmet for the Jaguars. I brought back the old one which was black with a teal shine and added the new logo. To me, this is the perfect helmet for the Jaguars. For the jerseys, I brought back teal as the primary color and tried to incorporate gold and black into the design. I also added a pair of teal pants to be worn on the road because I think that would be a great look for the Jaguars.

naCp3AN.jpgQRp5kNu.jpgni0vSn8.jpgPRe1Jq0.jpgqDc4Acd.jpg

I think these are my favorite Jag concepts on this site. Well done!

NM. I see it now. Good job!

You nailed the Saints and Jags. Awesome work.

Thanks guys! That's some high praise!

You should add a black pants option as well, everything in this set is perfect though

I think black pants might look good, but wouldn't accomplish the look I'm going for. The only jersey they would look good with IMO is the white one, and having black pants with the dark helmet would likely create a Ravens-type effect, where black looks like the primary color on the road. That is the kind of thing I try to avoid. One of my biggest principles in designing uniforms is that the primary, secondary, and tertiary colors should be clear in both the home and road uniforms.

I just realized that the AFC North has not had a team represented in my re-design yet, so I'm making an executive decision to post the...

Baltimore Ravens (11/32)

Things I kept:

• The font. It is one of my favorite things about their uniforms and, to me, perfectly represents the team.
  • Purple as the primary color. As one of only two purple teams in the NFL, the color wasn't going anywhere.

Things I changed:

• The colors. I made two changes here. The first was to brighten the purple so that is stands out more next to the black. The second was to remove the gold, as I feel it clutters the look and I wanted to simplify it.
  • The helmet. While I like the black helmet, I felt that a purple helmet simply looks better. One of the issues I have with the Ravens uniforms is that they were too dark, especially on the road. Changing the helmet to purple fixes that.
  • Maryland flag. The Ravens have a unique design opportunity in the NFL, and that is the ability to include the iconic Maryland flag into their design. I couldn't pass this up, incorporating the pattern into the sleeves.
  • The logo. While I generally like the logo the Ravens currently use, it simply doesn't work on the helmet. Instead, I picked the current alternate logo which includes the Maryland flag and fits my design more.

GQ85N7e.pngaqLn0BE.jpgLyMEdpE.jpgn9DF2Sr.jpg

The Texans will be the next team I post, but after that I'm open to suggestions. I would definitely like to do an NFC team.

I feel like maybe gold was a good idea. While I like the color purple, the purple shield gets lost on the helmet, which is also purple. The shield also makes the jersey look kind of cluttered so maybe you should move it somewhere else on there or remove it. (The shield looks better since you recolored it though.) The pants are alright. You removed the black pants, which is probably for the better if you are using a black jersey, since all black only looks good against certain teams. (Just my opinion.) Also, I'm missing the Raven logo which I though was actually a pretty cool logo. (Again, just my opinion.)

The Ravens are a miss IMO. Not a huge fan of the braisher stripes on the helmet/pants and I would also keep the helmet black, and bring back the incorporation of gold as an accent color. Love the Maryland flag however! Jags are nearly perfect, glad you stayed away from the overused cheetah print

Archived