The Lazy Rebrand Blues (and Yellows): Presenting the Georgia Swarm

Viper

As you may be aware by now, the NLL's Minnesota Swarm, with whom I have held season tickets for the past eight years, have moved south to the Gwinnett Gladiators' arena in metro Atlanta.

You'd think that, given such a long-distance relocation to a new market with a quite different local culture, the Swarm would change up their look a bit more than just slapping a different state's name on their pre-existing logo and uniform set.

And, naturally, you'd be wrong.

11057506_432833473564573_537992780449164

(from the team's Facebook page)

CCSLC signature.png

I did not know the Swarm left until this thread...

...so obviously not a huge Lacrosse guy. But in general, I am not only OK with, but prefer, an identity to stick on a move for historic/franchise continuity. In a league that will always be on the fringe, maybe that's less important, but in general I like this approach.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Opposite to this ^^^ i think you should totally change up as much as you can to show the fans in the new area how willing you are to give them a new team.

Of course taking the old name and identity may be a part of the sale or contract?

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Opposite to this ^^^ i think you should totally change up as much as you can to show the fans in the new area how willing you are to give them a new team.

Of course taking the old name and identity may be a part of the sale or contract?

Of course, but how many folks in Atlanta will know the team relocated from Minnesota and for that matter kept their nickname?

Of course, but how many folks in Atlanta will know the team relocated from Minnesota and for that matter kept their nickname?

I don't know, how many?

It's strange how many US clubs do this.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Keep in mind that the NLL's Stealth franchise has moved twice in the past six years, from San Jose to metro Seattle and finally to metro Vancouver, and each time they at least changed up their logo a bit each time they moved. Granted, each new logo got progressively more bland, but at least they made an effort to differentiate the various incarnations of the franchise.

The Swarm couldn't even be bothered to do that little.

CCSLC signature.png

you didn't see the raiders change their logos and uniforms at all when ever they have moved, and like someone else mentioned Georgia tech is close by and they have honey comb patterns on their uni's too so i see no problem with them keeping the same identity after moving, the identity fits even better in Georgia.

I don't follow lacrosse, but this is a pretty sweet uniform set. And it's not like bees are exclusive to Minnesota. Plus, Georgia Tech and whatnot.

Yeah lacrosse has some cool logos but whenever I try watching it I have no idea what's happening.

Archived