2005 MLB All Star Game logo

kc51design

I went to Comerica Park on Saturday night.

The real logo doesn't have the player or buildings in the background.

However, I did go into the ballpark souvenir store and saw some interesting logos on painted baseballs. One logo was just of the buildings with a Detroit wordmark underneath. One had a sitting tiger with it's paw outstretched, just like the statues outside the stadium near the Ernie Harwell entrance. The Tigers in the logo above are acutally representations of the statues on top of the scoreboard in left field. By the way, some of the buildings in the logo are not generic. They are real.

Downtown Detroit is starting to rock.

I invite everyone to find out for themselves.

Especially our friends from the south (Canada).

:D

Everyone loves a roundel.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The requirement to alternate leagues with the all star game has been removed. This is according to Bud Selig in a recent interview taken during the game in Houston.

So no need for Tampa Bay to host any time soon.

Besides, I think it has been mentioned in recent years that they only want to showcase newer stadiums or classic stadiums now with the all star game.

• 7 months later...
One had a sitting tiger with it's paw outstretched, just like the statues outside the stadium near the Ernie Harwell entrance.

I imagine a lot you haven't really seen that all-star logo, yet. Here's a little one to post here:

promo_full_20050302.gif

And I'll give you a link to the Tigers wallpaper site where you can see that Tiger huge. I think it looks pretty cool, especially if you've seen the giant Tiger statue at Comerica.

Detroit Tigers Wallpaper

As a tease, I'll post one of them you may not have seen yet:

2005_ASG_Wordmark.jpg

I kinda like this one...

It looks like a sign for the zoo or the damn circus! :P

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

THis is an incredible moment for me. I get to scoop something. Holy cow.

The All Star artwork was done by a Wisconsin artist name Mike Kasun. He did a lot of the collateral artwork for Brew Citys ASG a few years back.

I used to work in Mikes old office (after he moved out......long story.....comlicated) and he actually consulted a bit on the Moose logo. Only he wanted to team up on it and I said no, cause I was desperate to handle one on my own start to finish.

http://www.kasun.com/slides.php?archive=Sports

He's a very talented designer, though far less well known that Rickabaugh or Simon et al.

Mike's been doing the tonal comic style design for way longer than it was hip. He's good stuff.

That being said, that big tiger is one of the worst reallly good artworks i've seen. The heads all huge and Heathcliff and the coloring is psuedo backward. I love the rest of the set, but 3/4 view swipey tiger boy blows.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

The tiger definitely needs some work. After seeing the smaller version that deliver2david posted I was excited to see the wallpaper size. Seeing it up close proved to be disappointing.

That being said, I really like one of the Memphis Grizzlies updates that he did:

1091472408.jpg

Old version for comparison:

grizzlies.gif

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

1091472408.jpg

Umm yeah, that's an awesome logo! scared14.gif

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I was going through this guy's work after I saw that Grizzlies logo and I'm absolutely blown away. I love his style!

1087271733.jpg1092317906.jpg

1085780741.jpg1088455393.jpg

1093318469.jpg1099504094.jpg

Retired Number's To Come

Mike Kasun makes me want to drink a Corona now! laugh3.gif

1087186590.jpg

Retired Number's To Come

I was going through this guy's work after I saw that Grizzlies logo and I'm absolutely blown away. I love his style!

I think he's pretty incredible too.

I think what prevents him (if anything) from landing more teams is he is by and large a print guy. He doesn't limit his palette to 5 colors or even ten. I'm sure he CAN when he wants to. But his style (on that Grizzlies or UWM) is very painterly with lots of colors and sometimes that just doesn't work for a primary logo.

For UWM its fine cause the logo appears nowhere on the unis.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I too love this guys style. The skyline logos he's done look awesome.

Some of his "Clip Art" he's done looks similar in style to the "clip art" that was on a certain Washington Nationals Concept. I wonder if he was the one that someone purchased said clipart from.

The All Star artwork was done by a Wisconsin artist name Mike Kasun. He did a lot of the collateral artwork for Brew Citys ASG a few years back.

Looks great. My first guess would have been Todd Radom. It looks very Radom-esque to me (thick fields of color, blocky, beveled text a la the Nationals wordmark, etc.)

He's very gradient-proficient. :)

It's hard to pin-point his style, he seems to use quite a few illustrative techniques. This must help him land quite the wide range of clients and jobs.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

For UWM its fine cause the logo appears nowhere on the unis.

Why the Panthers don't use the two-color version of the "Milwaukee" or "Panthers" script on their uniforms is beyond me. I don't mind their basketball team using the Kansas template, but do something a little funkier than block serifed letters and numbers...

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived