2005 MLB All Star Game logo

kc51design

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no no no.  07 hasn't been anounced, nor 06.  I created the St. Louis logo cause the new stadium will be done in 06 (hopefully) and you can be sure they'll get an All Star game soon after.

it will most likely be in '08 then when St Louis gets the ASG.

like puckguy Im also hoping for an ASG in SF come '06

TOO LONG TO WAIT! hahaha

San Fran needs to get it. Its such a beautiful park. San Diego would be in there sometime too. Cincy has had once sense St. Louis last had one, that's why St. Louis probably in '08

( I screwed up when making my logo, I'll have to change that sometime)

no no no. 07 hasn't been anounced, nor 06. I created the St. Louis logo cause the new stadium will be done in 06 (hopefully) and you can be sure they'll get an All Star game soon after.

it will most likely be in '08 then when St Louis gets the ASG.

like puckguy Im also hoping for an ASG in SF come '06

TOO LONG TO WAIT! hahaha

San Fran needs to get it. Its such a beautiful park. San Diego would be in there sometime too. Cincy has had once sense St. Louis last had one, that's why St. Louis probably in '08

( I screwed up when making my logo, I'll have to change that sometime)

i'm hoping miami gets the 2010 ASG but in reality it might be in 2012 because of PNC. there is talk of getting rid of the alternating home league because of the newer parks in the NL. san fran, pnc, stl, sd, fla, phi, cin. after comerica all the newer parks in the AL would have featured an All Star Game. MLB wants to show off their jewels and not as much as 15 years from now when they won't be new.

1997 | 2003

Teams have to apply for the all-star game to be in their park. I heard in Dec 2001 that the Yankees weren't going to apply for an ASG becacuse the city wouldn't loan the Yankees 400 million dollars to start the building of their new stadium. The money would of been paid back within a few years after the stadium's opening but the mayor said that he didn't think that the city's money should be put towards a new stadium for the Yankees and Mets (the teams who bring the city alot of money a year). So George said that there was no need to bring the ASG to NY

As a tease, I'll post one of them you may not have seen yet:

2005_ASG_Wordmark.jpg

I kinda like this one...

Same here. I like how they incorporated the stadium characteristics into it (there are tiger statues like those in the logo outside of the entrance to Comerica). Anyone know what studio did the package?

I dunno if this has been mentioned already or not, but I believe this is the first all-star game logo I have seen without the city name in the logo. This looks like the logo they would use for TV, like this year's where they replace "Houston" with "MLB". I hope the real version says "Detroit", because it seems like overkill to have both "MLB" and the MLB logo in the same All-Star logo. Anyway overall I absolutely love this logo, I think it's up there with the best. I was really hoping they were gonna use the old english letters.

i'm hoping miami gets the 2010 ASG but in reality it might be in 2012 because of PNC. there is talk of getting rid of the alternating home league because of the newer parks in the NL. san fran, pnc, stl, sd, fla, phi, cin. after comerica all the newer parks in the AL would have featured an All Star Game. MLB wants to show off their jewels and not as much as 15 years from now when they won't be new.

But recent history suggest otherwise. In the 90's when most of the new ball parks were AL parks they still went American and National.

93- Baltimore- Camden Yards

94- Pittsburgh- 3 rivers (old stadium that no longer exist)

95- Texas- Ballpark in Arlington

96- Philly- The Vet (old stadium that no longer used)

97- Cleveland- Jacobs field

As you can se the American parks were fairly new at the time while the National league parks that hosted were ancient. Thus, I don't see MLB going all National.

Also, next year it will probably not count for home-field. This was the last year of the trial with the AL winning both years.

So its...

2005-Detroit

2006-?????? (hoping for some Splash Hits here)

2007-St. Louis? (Breaking the AL-NL alternating sites?)

PNC has recieved the 06 game, my prediction is...

2005 Detroit

2006 Pittsburgh

2007 Anaheim or Tampa Bay

2008 St Louis

2009 Whichever one didnt get 2007

2010 San Fran

2011 Kansas City

2012 Philadelphia

I gotta say. I am a huge fan of the logos.

I'm glad they didn't use all old-english style letters. I'm not sure it would have looked very good.

The thing that really strikes me is the amazing city art and player art in the background.

Excellent All-Star Package.

Archived