NHL Uni Redesigns -- SJ Sharks revamped (added 7/5/17)

Philly's Phinest

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22/32 -- Colorado Avalanche

The Avs were a bit difficult for me. I really had trouble deciding whether or not to go with a crazy design or something classic. So I kind of landed in between. Outside the Flyers, the Avs were my second favorite growing up so I hope I did them justice. My main design sort of echos the 90s-00s look.

Home Sweater

This was probably the hardest one for me. I really didn't want to incorporate black, but it just didn't look right without. Sleeve and waist striping is to reflect mountains. I've also removed any shoulder patches. I love the yeti foot of old, but I think this is more of a cleaner look.

fopHVn4.png

Away Sweater

This may be my favorite of the set and my first design. Similar to the home, except the away features a shoulder yoke. Again with the jagged edges to give it the mountain feel.

qtNroG8.png

Alternate Sweater

I almost tossed the A logo in the home and away completely and went with this design as the primary. I really do think Colorado could pull off a navy blue primary. Striping and shoulder yoke is the same as the home/away without the waist striping. Also, just a plain font. Nothing crazy.

q3vzXjZ.png

Bonus Alternate

No rhyme or reason to this one. Just kind of mimicked the alternate, but made a white version.

eecwwWb.png

As always, C&C greatly appreciated!! Thanks for checking my designs out.

Colorado looks good!  Few things, though. 

I vastly prefer the the bottom mountain pattern on the road to the one on the home. If you recreate that pattern on the home, it'd be great. 

I really like the alts, but the numbers look a little too big. That may just be me, though. 

spacer.png

I say go for it. Toss out the A, go with the alternate logo as the new primary for Colorado. Losing black helps the colour scheme so much, and the navy and burgundy work well together for two dark colours. I'd also keep the current alternate font, the one without the outline. Its distinct as well as classy. For the white jersey, I'd either do a navy yoke (and white shoulders) or a ghost yoke (and keep the navy shoulders) for consistency's sake. 

qtOnrJr.png

21 minutes ago, Canuckleball said:

I say go for it. Toss out the A, go with the alternate logo as the new primary for Colorado. Losing black helps the colour scheme so much, and the navy and burgundy work well together for two dark colours. I'd also keep the current alternate font, the one without the outline. Its distinct as well as classy. For the white jersey, I'd either do a navy yoke (and white shoulders) or a ghost yoke (and keep the navy shoulders) for consistency's sake. 

I personally disagree, I love the current logo. Maybe the black should be replaced by navy? Maybe not?

1 hour ago, Canuckleball said:

41 minutes ago, ujju2 said:

I personally disagree, I love the current logo. Maybe the black should be replaced by navy? Maybe not?

Here's a quick swap of the black to the navy

usLeQiz.png

7 minutes ago, Canuckleball said:

See, this is slightly better, but it doesn't address the root problem of having 5 different colours on a jersey when 3 or 4 would do. 

That's how I feel in a way. I actually tried swapping the colors on the main home jersey with the A logo to the dark blue instead of the light, but it just looks washed out. I'm about to say forget it and change the whole color scheme :lol: haha jk

23/32 Detroit Red Wings

Still trying to work out an alternate for the Wings, but this is a team that in my mind really should stay the same. I changed the look up just a bit, but really tried to keep that classic feel. I went with a bit of an offset striping where the arm stripes are thick and then the waist stripe is half of the arm stripe. I did bring the numbers into the stripe on the sleeve. Basic block font. I did de-arch the NOB. May not be a popular decision, but we'll see how that works out. Also leaving the C and A on the right side of the jersey. Nothing flashy here. Also, open to suggestions for an alternate. Right now, I'm working on one with a version of the Old English text "D". Open to suggestions on anything you'd like to see. Different colors, logos, etc. Would like to hear from Detroit fans as well.

Home Sweater:

rDYcUeJ.pngAway Sweater:

IxdLpUP.png

Archived