NHL Uni Redesigns -- SJ Sharks revamped (added 7/5/17)

Philly's Phinest

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1/2 Way Point

After finishing the Stars, I've finally reached the half way point in the series. I've decided to put together a graphic for all the home and away sweaters. I may post one for alternates tomorrow. If you'd like to see bigger versions, just scroll through each page. All the designs including multiple versions are there. There are a few teams I still want to revisit and fix (Canes, Knights), but I'll be saving that until the end of the series. Anyway, I'll be picking this series back up after I return from vacation after Labor Day. If anyone would like to see their team next, let me know and I'll queue it up. Otherwise, thanks for checking the thread out, and I hope you've all enjoyed thus far!

All Home Sweaters:

wz8fE9P.png

Away Sweaters:

x65FHAV.png

15/32 -- Vancouver Canucks

Almost at the half way point and still chuggin' along. Next up is the Canucks. The Canucks, in my opinion, have had an identity crisis for quite some time now. I feel like then need a solid brand and I truly think building it around Johnny Canuck would be perfect. As I did with the "Weagle" logo in Washington, a secondary now becomes the primary.

Home Jersey:

The Canucks have pretty solid jerseys so as it is. Nice striping, a good font. It just needs a little tweaking. Primary at home is the blue. Johnny Canuck "V" logo takes precedence as the primary crest. The stick logo is now moved to the shoulders as a patch.

4ehl4k8.png

Away Jersey:

Much like the home, but in white. Also, blue stays below the stripes to keep a good color balance. I also extended the blue at the bottom of the jersey to keep it consistent with the sleeve striping.

0Hb4z8r.png

Alternate Options:

Building off the Johnny Canuck brand, I wanted to do a full body version for an alternate. I have 4 designs below and would love some feedback on which you'd like to see on the alternate. I also have some other alternate sets that I'll reveal once the full body version is finished.

3InQtke.png

As always, C&C is greatly appreciated! Looking forward to some responses for the alternate!

Philly, great, great work on the Canucks concepts. Johnny Canuck is the way to go. However, I do prefer the skating Johnny Canuck over the JC-V head. I love the use of using JC in the yellow shirt on an alternate black jersey. Always loved the 80s home yellows.

I would also use traditional block-style font with bordering. Blue and green would look great together in block. Never liked the Agency font.

Overall, great concepts!

15/32 -- Vancouver Canucks

Almost at the half way point and still chuggin' along. Next up is the Canucks. The Canucks, in my opinion, have had an identity crisis for quite some time now. I feel like then need a solid brand and I truly think building it around Johnny Canuck would be perfect. As I did with the "Weagle" logo in Washington, a secondary now becomes the primary.

Home Jersey:

The Canucks have pretty solid jerseys so as it is. Nice striping, a good font. It just needs a little tweaking. Primary at home is the blue. Johnny Canuck "V" logo takes precedence as the primary crest. The stick logo is now moved to the shoulders as a patch.

4ehl4k8.png

Away Jersey:

Much like the home, but in white. Also, blue stays below the stripes to keep a good color balance. I also extended the blue at the bottom of the jersey to keep it consistent with the sleeve striping.

0Hb4z8r.png

Alternate Options:

Building off the Johnny Canuck brand, I wanted to do a full body version for an alternate. I have 4 designs below and would love some feedback on which you'd like to see on the alternate. I also have some other alternate sets that I'll reveal once the full body version is finished.

3InQtke.png

As always, C&C is greatly appreciated! Looking forward to some responses for the alternate!

Philly, great, great work on the Canucks concepts. Johnny Canuck is the way to go. However, I do prefer the skating Johnny Canuck over the JC-V head. I love the use of using JC in the yellow shirt on an alternate black jersey. Always loved the 80s home yellows.

I would also use traditional block-style font with bordering. Blue and green would look great together in block. Never liked the Agency font.

Overall, great concepts!

Thanks a lot! Sometimes I make versions for teams and I really can't decide on one look (the Canucks being one). I'm glad I could get some input from a fan of the team.

• 2 weeks later...

17/32 -- Pittsburgh Penguins

It honestly pains me to even do this team as I'm a Flyers fan through and through, but here we have the Pittsburgh Penguins. Their current third jersey is very solid and likely what they should be wearing at home. I prefer the look over the Vegas Gold, but that's just me.

Home Sweater:

Alright so little deviation from the current third jerseys. I've changed the NOB and numbers to a tri-colored look to give it a bit of a more modern feel. I felt the single outline was just too plain and old school.

1fBekMm.png

Away Sweater:

Just a white version of the home here. Adjusted striping to match the scheme.

3KqKvni.png

I do have a third jersey currently in the works, but since I've been on vacation for quite some time, I figured I'd get the home/road up for some comments while I finish the third. C&C is always appreciated!

• 1 month later...

It has been a little while since I actually had some time to work on any designs, but I was able to finish this one over the weekend. I figured I would ease back into it with a simple retro touch for the new Flames Set.

18/32 -- Calgary Flames

A lot of people love the simplicity of the red, yellow and white for the Flames. Personally, I was a fan of the black in the scheme, however it's growing on me without. I will say that I'm working on a third jersey that does incorporate the black which I will post this week as well. My design is very simple in nature and focuses mainly on the color scheme. Sleeves and waist consist of 3 stripes. The color pattern is the opposite of the logo color on each jersey (i.e. the home has a white logo with a yellow outline, thus, the striping has yellow on the outside with white on the inside). As just mentioned, the home jersey has the white C while the away carries the red C. Also different on the away is the square yoke. I felt that it gave good contrast to the amount of white. The numbers are a modern block and are consistent with the jersey crest. I decided for the NOB that I didn't want an outline just to stress the simplicity again.

Hope you enjoy!

p87jH9y.png

Calgary is simple and classy. About the only thing I don't like is the square yoke. Other than that they look great. :) I like the font you used for the numbers as well, can you tell me what it is?

+1. Calgary looks best with a simple design. Nice job.

Fantastic, I like the simple approach to Calgary. I've yet to see someone successfully fancy them up.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions) | Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Calgary is simple and classy. About the only thing I don't like is the square yoke. Other than that they look great. :) I like the font you used for the numbers as well, can you tell me what it is?

Thanks! The font is just a version of college block I found online. I tried to find the original link, but to no avail. I tweaked it just a bit to match a little more with the striping.

+1. Calgary looks best with a simple design. Nice job.

Thank you!

I agree. A simple design looks great on Calgary. Love the squared yoke, it matches really well with the font. Glad to see a new addition to the series.

Glad to be back! Thanks a lot

Fantastic, I like the simple approach to Calgary. I've yet to see someone successfully fancy them up.

Greatly appreciated! Yeah, I haven't seen a real fancy modernization that I liked yet, but I do like the retro look

Alright so as promised, here is the Calgary Alternate. I'll start by saying that I think I'm part of the majority when I say that the new shoulder patch on the current alt is pretty cool. I liked it so much, I made it the primary crest. I gave a little nod to the past by incorporating the slanted sleeve striping and the black. Numbers are black with a white outline. Also, I decided to go with no striping at the bottom of the jersey. I thought plain black looked quite nice and kept it from getting too busy. I stayed with the square yoke, but this is where you guys come in. I'm undecided if I want to slant it a bit to better match the sleeves. Also, I went with the flaming C logo and the Canadian flag on the shoulders. Again, I'm undecided if it makes the design too busy. C&C is always appreciated!!

VhDKAUe.png

I wouldn't like this as a primary, and I've never been a big fan of that alternate logo. That being said:

I love this alt. Bold colors, well executed and I really like the Canadian flag (something I don't care for on primaries). Especially next to auch a simple primary set, this works really well. Alts are a good place to get a little more adventurous and risk being a bit "busy". Well done.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions) | Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I wouldn't like this as a primary, and I've never been a big fan of that alternate logo. That being said:

I love this alt. Bold colors, well executed and I really like the Canadian flag (something I don't care for on primaries). Especially next to auch a simple primary set, this works really well. Alts are a good place to get a little more adventurous and risk being a bit "busy". Well done.

Yeah, I think risky is the way to go on alts. You have more liberty

I love that Flames alt. Just out of curiousity, have you tried it in full black?

I have not. I thought about it. Let me put a halo around that logo and see how it turns out...

Archived