NHL Uni Redesigns -- SJ Sharks revamped (added 7/5/17)

Philly's Phinest

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll second the arched names request. For the alternate, potentially something like the Detroit Cougars wore back in the '27-28. For reference the link to the uniform is at the end of the post.  Maybe even in Olde English scripts. Otherwise home and road are perfect. http://nhluniforms.com/RedWings/RedWings02.html. Also, I'll request New Jersey.

On 2/27/2016 at 7:23 PM, CanucksFan said:

I'll second the arched names request. For the alternate, potentially something like the Detroit Cougars wore back in the '27-28. For reference the link to the uniform is at the end of the post.  Maybe even in Olde English scripts. Otherwise home and road are perfect. http://nhluniforms.com/RedWings/RedWings02.html. Also, I'll request New Jersey.

I'm working on the alt with the Olde English script. I'm worried about the readability from a TV/fan perspective when watching. I feel it's a little much. Should have it up today or tomorrow.

• 2 months later...

With the Nashville set, you took a jersey I like and made it one I love. Also, that alt is awesome! I like that you decided to go with the stylized letters on the shoulders, since the pick contains so much of the navy. Bravo!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Hey all! Thread is not dead! I've just been real busy the past few months and haven't had any time to dedicate to completing. That being said, I have worked on a few things here and there. Let me see what I can get out there within the coming days.

24/32 -- New York Islanders

I figured I'd share what I had so far. As previously stated, I haven't had so much time to dedicate to my series lately, but here is what I have started for the Isles...I really wanted to get away from the old logo as a primary. It just seems weird to have a logo with Long Island on it when you play in Brooklyn now. Switched that to a shoulder patch. I took the popular stadium series logo and made it the primary. Striping doesn't differ too much from the what they wear now, except that it's angled to blend with the NY logo. I didn't want to stray too far from the classic feel, so there's nothing flashy about these. Let me know what you think or if there's any improvements that can be made.Home and away set here.

t4Shfby.png

Look I hate the Islanders a lot, With that said, however, you CANNOT TAKE THE ISLAND OUT OF THE ISLANDERS. They aren't the Brooklyners The original logo should stay. the last time the Islanders changed their primary logo, the fans threw up.

50 minutes ago, Tox1cVenom said:

Look I hate the Islanders a lot, With that said, however, you CANNOT TAKE THE ISLAND OUT OF THE ISLANDERS. They aren't the Brooklyners The original logo should stay. the last time the Islanders changed their primary logo, the fans threw up.

Agreed. Who made it past the 1st round this year, though?

Ok, rivalries aside, I don't think the Islanders have the right identity for the diagonal arm striping. It might be too conservative, but I think more traditional striping would better fit the team.

My bad on the striping. Completely didn't notice I made that mistake. Now fixed. The reasoning that I went with the NY logo was simply for the fact that if there's an eventual name change, the logo would still fit. I understand it hasn't changed in years, so why now? That being said, I updated the design to reflect the current logo. I feel the slanted striping works and is a bit of a modernization for them. Stadium series has smaller slanted striping and I think works nicely. Let me know the thoughts on that. It can always be changed.

Wi3pPin.png

25/32 -- San Jose Sharks

I went with a bit of a risky design here. There's a lot going on, but I actually like the way it turned out. It's got kind of a 90s feel to it which I know a lot of people don't like the jerseys from that era, but I'm in the minority that do. I am working on a black alternate, but I'd figure I'd get the home and away up first for some C+C. Thanks for checking it out.

Home Sweater:

As I said above, lots going on here. First, I went with the lighter teal they used to use in the past (just a personal preference). Also, I ditched the shield logo, for the breaching shark alternate. I think it fits my design better than the other. I also brought back the use of a silver in the design which is seen in the numbers and the tri-colored striping. There is also a black yoke that extends down to the striping on the sleeves and ends with full black cuffs. The striping was inspired by the dorsal fin of a shark (thought it was pretty fitting given the team). Again, I know this is a pretty busy design, but I do like how it turned out. Let me know what you think!

TFDd2df.png

Away Sweater:

Same as the home, however white takes over as the primary. Striping pattern slightly switched for contrast. NOB and numbers now become primarily teal.

CWdVhfM.png

Black Alternate:

COMING SOON! (this will be a completely different design than the home and away. Not just a black version of the primary set)

2 hours ago, Philly's Phinest said:

25/32 -- San Jose Sharks

I went with a bit of a risky design here. There's a lot going on, but I actually like the way it turned out. It's got kind of a 90s feel to it which I know a lot of people don't like the jerseys from that era, but I'm in the minority that do. I am working on a black alternate, but I'd figure I'd get the home and away up first for some C+C. Thanks for checking it out.

Home Sweater:

As I said above, lots going on here. First, I went with the lighter teal they used to use in the past (just a personal preference). Also, I ditched the shield logo, for the breaching shark alternate. I think it fits my design better than the other. I also brought back the use of a silver in the design which is seen in the numbers and the tri-colored striping. There is also a black yoke that extends down to the striping on the sleeves and ends with full black cuffs. The striping was inspired by the dorsal fin of a shark (thought it was pretty fitting given the team). Again, I know this is a pretty busy design, but I do like how it turned out. Let me know what you think!

TFDd2df.png

Away Sweater:

Same as the home, however white takes over as the primary. Striping pattern slightly switched for contrast. NOB and numbers now become primarily teal.

CWdVhfM.png

Black Alternate:

COMING SOON! (this will be a completely different design than the home and away. Not just a black version of the primary set)

Could you make a design with the original Sharks logo? You know, the 90's one?

Archived