NHL Uni Redesigns -- SJ Sharks revamped (added 7/5/17)

Philly's Phinest

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too shabby. Can't decide for the life of me which I prefer.

Yeah, I'm at a tossup. Thanks for suggesting the all black.

Why not just have the primary logo on both shoulders?

I thought about it, and I do think it would work fine. I was just trying to go outside the box with the flag patch

Love the all black alternate. Maybe try he Calgary script on the shoulders instead of the flaming C?

I'll give it a shot, but I feel like the script may be a little long to fit on the shoulder

I'll be honest, I'm liking the all-black version better. This is a great alternate for Calgary.

I'm still undecided which I prefer, but I do appreciate the kind words!

14/32 -- Toronto Maple Leafs

Next up is the Leafs. Toronto is one of those teams where you really don't want to stray too far from the classic and timeless feel of the team. I used a mixture of past and present elements for my design.

Home Sweater:

The home is the iconic Royal Blue. Instead of the two-bar striping, I went with the 3 that they use on their alternate jerseys. Primary crest stays the same with the "old school" leaf as the shoulder patch. Also, the lace up collar is a must.

DKVvwLH.png

Away Sweater:

Same look, just in white here.

pFEZnje.png

Alternate Sweater:

For the alternate, I wanted something really classic. I went with a spinoff of the old Toronto St. Pat's jerseys. Triple bar striping is used across the chest with "Toronto" in a large font size. Two bar striping is used at the bottom of the jerseys as it was with the St. Pat's look, however I carried it onto the sleeves and positioned them lower to the glove for a stylistic touch. I did not carry the chest striping to the back because I felt it might give it too much of a Habs feel. The old school leaf stays on the shoulders carrying over from the home and away. Also, a cream color is used instead of white. Honestly, I really like how this one turned out. As always C&C is greatly appreciated!

WUmjv7h.png

Very similar to a concept I created a few years back. Started it in 2009 and updated it in 2014.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

14/32 -- Toronto Maple Leafs

Next up is the Leafs. Toronto is one of those teams where you really don't want to stray too far from the classic and timeless feel of the team. I used a mixture of past and present elements for my design.

Home Sweater:

The home is the iconic Royal Blue. Instead of the two-bar striping, I went with the 3 that they use on their alternate jerseys. Primary crest stays the same with the "old school" leaf as the shoulder patch. Also, the lace up collar is a must.

DKVvwLH.png

Away Sweater:

Same look, just in white here.

pFEZnje.png

Alternate Sweater:

For the alternate, I wanted something really classic. I went with a spinoff of the old Toronto St. Pat's jerseys. Triple bar striping is used across the chest with "Toronto" in a large font size. Two bar striping is used at the bottom of the jerseys as it was with the St. Pat's look, however I carried it onto the sleeves and positioned them lower to the glove for a stylistic touch. I did not carry the chest striping to the back because I felt it might give it too much of a Habs feel. The old school leaf stays on the shoulders carrying over from the home and away. Also, a cream color is used instead of white. Honestly, I really like how this one turned out. As always C&C is greatly appreciated!

WUmjv7h.png

Very similar to a concept I created a few years back. Started it in 2009 and updated it in 2014.

I agree, these are quite similar. I was up in the air on doing a St. Pat's design or a Toronto Arenas. In the end, I went with the St. Pat's. I love paying homage to the past in my designs where I can. I based my design off the jersey below. I do have to say, that I do like your design with the numbers inside the stripes. I think it works really well with the set.

stpats.gif

I get a Minnesota Wild away uniform feel from the Jets jerseys, they still look nice though.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

On the LA Kings, you have too much black and white, not enough silver. On the home black, sleeve numbers should be silver with black trim. Back number: silver trimmed with white. On the road white: silver sleeve numbers trimmed with white, back number: silver trimmed with black. The big crown on front is a good idea, but lose that "Stadium Series LA" and replace it with the Shield logo. For the collar colors, refer to the 1988-98 Kings jerseys. And lose the "Gangster" number font. Replace with 1970s font. Likewise for the Name on back.

19/32 -- Boston Bruins

Back at it again. This time, with the Boston Bruins. The Bruins have such a strong and long standing brand that it is really hard to mess with. They're just classic. Here are a few minor changes and also a throwback alternate. The home black is identical to what they wear now. No real change. The away has a minor change in the striping pattern that goes black on the outside followed by yellow and then white on the inside. Also different is the removal of the shoulder patches. I just wanted a plain feel without any clutter. I know this may be an unpopular decision, but I think it works nicely.

TFxAAPr.png

Throwback Alternate

Again, I feel like the Bruins are one of those teams that looks good in plain uniforms. No frills. Here's a yellow, brown and cream alt that I put together. Nothing crazy. Single thick brown striping. Use of the current B logo minus the hub. I actually kept the wide rounded yoke. I was going for a very, shall I say, old school varsity look with these. Once I finish all of the team's designs, I'll be posting a Winter Classic/Stadium Series option. My ambitious mind wants to create one for each team whether it be in this thread or a new one, but it's just a matter of having time. Let me know what you guys think!

l4zGYMl.png

Nothing major on the Bruins home/away. I can respect that.

Usually, I'm no fan of the Bruins in brown. However, there's something about that jersey that makes me really like it.

I really like this set. I'm glad you barely touched the home/road and I really like the throwback feel of the alternate.

Thank you both. There are some more that I will only be making minor changes to as well for these same reasons. However, I will try to come up with a cool alternate for each.

I adore that Washington set. I'll have a hard time designing anything that isn't exactly that after seeing it.

I always wondered weather the Weagle would be able to stand on it's own as a primary logo, and it absolutely can!

The only thing that tweaked me a bit was how it got lost on the red jersey. How would a white outline look around the logo? On the white jersey it pops perfectly.

Voting for the darker blue of your original by the way.

Great work!

20/32 -- le Club de hockey Canadien

Another very strong, long standing, classic brand. The Montreal Canadiens. Again, I didn't want to stray too far from the norm on these. While, the Canadiens have such a unique look, the main gripe I've had with them is consistency. The most obvious change in my concept is the strike through on the away jersey (which I actually prefer). When I see this, or a version of this on different uniforms, my mind goes directly to the Canadiens. It is truly their look. That being said, I chose to keep it. Also different is the removal of the two waist stripes. I just thought they're unnecessary. You already have a visual focus on the crest and strike through and that's enough for the eyes. I decided to go back to the two tone collar to give more contrast as opposed to just the solid one color. Another big removal was the shoulder yoke on the away set. Again, the focus goes back to the strike through and the yoke becomes too much with it in my opinion. Lastly, I'm not sure how people will take to this, but I want to get some comments on the back numbers for the road jersey. Originally, I went with a triple outline number of white, blue and then solid red in the body. I decided against it as I felt the numbers almost got lost. In the end, I decided on just a single blue outline and a white body. I realize they're different from the shoulder numbers, but I really like the looks of the offset colors. I was just worried about putting white bodied numbers on a white jersey, but I think with the strike through it makes it acceptable. As always, I'd love to hear from everyone.

fZ8taRe.png

The thing with Montreal, and the problem with those road sweaters (and the throwbacks they're based on) is color balance. When you add in the pants, helmet, and socks, Montreal is a red/blue balanced team. They are neither a red team with some blue, like Washington, nor a blue team with some red, like New York. They are truly a red and blue team. In the red sweaters, they accomplish this perfectly. In those whites...they become a mostly blue team. To truly work as Les Canadiens, it needs more red.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I'm glad you made the set match as one of my pet peeves are jerseys that don't match. You kept it classic and I feel that's how it should always be with Montreal.

I don't like the lack of tail stripes, because one of m pet peeves is a lack of tail stripes... I think it takes away the classic feel. Those definitely need to stay.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I'm glad you made the set match as one of my pet peeves are jerseys that don't match. You kept it classic and I feel that's how it should always be with Montreal.

I don't like the lack of tail stripes, because one of m pet peeves is a lack of tail stripes... I think it takes away the classic feel. Those definitely need to stay.

I would agree with that. As long as there would be tail stripes on both.

Archived