NHL Uni Redesigns -- SJ Sharks revamped (added 7/5/17)

Philly's Phinest

V1 looks good, but as you said, too similar to the Sharks. To me, V2 could be a Dallas concept if the colours were slightly tweaked. Still looks good. I think V3 and V4 are both excellent options. Nice work.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

V1 looks good, but as you said, too similar to the Sharks. To me, V2 could be a Dallas concept if the colours were slightly tweaked. Still looks good. I think V3 and V4 are both excellent options. Nice work.

Thanks for that. I was leaning towards V3 or 4 as well. 1 and 2 were my first thoughts/ideas for the concept, but the more I got into the design, the more I realized the eggplant and teal is truly for the Ducks.

Anything else on Anaheim before I move on?

11/32 -- St. Louis Blues

Back again with the St. Louis Blues this time. I really do like the Blues' current look. I think it's pretty much perfect, but I have a few designs that I came up with below that may challenge their current look.

Home Jersey:

The primary change here is the switch to a more classic striping. I really think it works well with the color scheme and the overall look.

IUHOk82.png

Away Set:

The current away set for the Blues stresses a lot of the dark blue. I went the opposite way here to bring out more color and put the focus on the lighter shade of blue.

nkZHiD6.png

Home/Away V2:

Originally I intended this to be an alternate, but I had a lot of fun with this one and thought, why couldn't it be a primary option? I took inspiration from past looks for the Blues. I love the idea of having the staff lines...I mean after all, Blues, music. Perfect fit. I used 4 thin yellow lines and the 5th is just thicker for more contrast.

qfZsaDS.png

Road Alternates:

Last, but not least, I have a few road alternate options here. All use the same striping as my V2 idea, but just in some different colors and logos. I wanted to make use of the trumpet logo somehow, but the arch is just too cool to pass on. It is St. Louis.

9NsGd1B.png

The font and sunrise on the back reminds me of a Soviet propaganda poster.

Is glorious, comrade! Whole community support hockey team with tax dollars against will, just like Soviet Russia!

That first road alternate with the trumpet can work better, if there was some royal blue in the stripes somewhere and a few touch ups here and there.

I wouldn't mind them having an alternate jersey with a music staff again.

That first road alternate with the trumpet can work better, if there was some royal blue in the stripes somewhere and a few touch ups here and there.

I wouldn't mind them having an alternate jersey with a music staff again.

I strayed from the road alt and went with the royal blue. Made a few color adjustments to the logo. What do you think about this one?

6uhul2C.png

12/32 -- Washington Capitals

Next up is the Caps. I've always liked their Weagle logo and personally, I think it would make a cool primary. I was never a fan of any script crests on jerseys. That being said, lets dive in...

Home Jersey

For the home set, I mixed elements of the past with some newer ones of today. You have the classic stars down the sleeves and the white yoke at home. I debated on putting stars on the front and back, and in the end decided I would post the version with them. The version without just looks like there is something missing (I can post if anyone wants to see it). Weagle is the primary crest and red is the primary at home.

RNKIbWV.png

Away Set

This is likely my favorite of the 3. White is the primary on the road. Again, I'm still not sure about all the stars. I'd love some feedback on that.

Vph8xXn.png

Alternate Set

Here's a bit of a fresh take on their Winter Classic set. Colors are updated to match the current scheme. Primary is the dark blue. I still kept the stars on the sleeves and also the waist striping. I would have to say that this and the away set are my favorite of the 3. The home still just looks off to me and I'm not sure why.

9CJGOxs.png

I love the alternate it's great. The stars look good in my opinion. I was thinking maybe it would look better with a lighter shade of blue. That's just me. Great work!

Thank you! Below is a version with the lighter blue used in early expansion days. Also, I've added my original version for comparison next to each other.

The alternate is definitely the best of the bunch, though the whole set is solid.

Thank you. Greatly appreciated!

Dark Blue Original

7kz1Vct.png

Lighter Blue Update

3XNQjpI.png

13/32 -- Tampa Bay Lightning

Okay so getting close to the halfway point here. I really don't like Tampa's new unis. They're just too plain for my liking. I preferred when they had more black and the gray included. I created 2 versions. One with the older logo. And then one with the current logo and a few tweaks. Let me know what you prefer or how I can improve. Also, the 3rd jersey is coming soon. I'm undecided if I want to do a rendition of their Bolts jersey or Storm jersey. I'd love some feedback on what you'd rather see.

V1:

First version features the older logo. Primary at home is black; white on the road. I made use of the new roundel as the shoulder patch on both sets. Numbers are blue with a gray and black outline.

XzEjoJh.png

V2:

New logo used on these. Little bit more of a plain look. Blue is the primary at home and white on the road. Also is a little hidden piece that pays homage to a past TBL jersey. See if anyone points it out.

bfXYxUQ.png

Absolutely love what you've done with the Coyotes!

Also, the white jersey in the lighter blue set of the Capitals is gorgeous. Very well done mix of their modern logo and the classic color scheme and jersey pattern.

I would also like to see if you could incorporate the old Wild font into your concept... IMO it is one of the best fonts in sports, very unique and fits perfectly with Minnesota!

0gri5sn6pajpkhngrvfu3g9ay.gif

I like V2 but I think that the 'Tampa Bay' on the back is a bit much, and Victory Stripes would be an upgrade. Other than that, this series has been nothing but solid designs.

Thanks a lot! Victory stripes and the removal of Tampa Bay will be done and posted this afternoon. I agree the city name was a little much and it would probably be cleaner without.

Absolutely love what you've done with the Coyotes!

Also, the white jersey in the lighter blue set of the Capitals is gorgeous. Very well done mix of their modern logo and the classic color scheme and jersey pattern.

I would also like to see if you could incorporate the old Wild font into your concept... IMO it is one of the best fonts in sports, very unique and fits perfectly with Minnesota!

0gri5sn6pajpkhngrvfu3g9ay.gif

Thank you! I really wanted to use this number font in my design, but with the straight line striping that I used, I felt a block font was my best choice. I agree, this font is perfect so I may try to rework an alternate with it incorporated.

Archived