Cornucopia of canucks concepts

Frylock

After seeing Roger Clemente's modified Canucks "V" concepts, I was inspired to try some myself.  My Canucks concepts use parts of the Quebec Rafales style template that Roger posted several weeks ago.  IMO, it provides for an interesting "V" pattern...

1970's Blue and Green style

Home/White

Road/Dark

1980's Red, Yellow, and Black style

Home/White

Road/Dark

Alt/Loud

1990's Dark Blue, Light Blue, and Red style

Home/White

Road/Dark

In my opinion, the 1990's or current style works the best with this pattern.  Furthermore, the 1980's style makes me sick, and I'm the one who designed these concepts!  The colors worked well with the jerseys they wore when they lost the Cup to the Rangers, but that was it.

Template and resources courtesy Roger Clemente, logos courtesy TheSLE.com, CCM and Koho logos courtesy logo.nino.ru.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

:o  AAHHHHHHHH!!!!! MY EYES!!!

yeah, you werent kidding about those yellow ones!

youre right about the current scheme working best with this particular style frylock.

still Im not big on these concepts. I generally am not a big fan of striping in that fashion or in the fashion the dallas stars use (of course I am no fan of anything associated with the dallas stars to begin with  :angry: )

just my 2 pesos, I guess. I just prefer traditional striping thats all.

• 1 month later...
the 70s and 90s color versions look like teh best jerseys ever in comparison to the 80s colors versions, imo.  i'm joinin ya on tha DL, my disembodied friend :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

very nicely done on all of them, this is a design you should try experimenting on other teams colors and logos.  they are nice, my favorites are the black/red/yellow ones.  The current color ones need some silver, and the blue/green ones need a new green.
signature.gif

I LOVE the red/yellow/black concepts.  I always thought the early white uniforms they wore in the '94 Cup were the nicest in the league, and Frylock's concepts upholds that and I think even improves upon the black kit.  Nevertheless, they all look great.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

I liek the varying width of the stripes, well done. The cut is nice, but the red, yellow, black colour scheme doesn't fit it. If not for the logo, the '70s jerseys look pretty darn good!

Well done Frylock.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

First of all, I want to thank everyone (past and present) for their comments and feedback!  I may not always respond (my bad) but I always read what you say.

Except for oilfaninvan, the yellow (or as I labeled them, loud) jerseys aren't that popular.  Hmm...  I wonder why?  Could it be the taxicab yellow? biggrin.gif

SHB -- I appreciate your preference for traditional striping.  I think there's definitely room for something as simple and classic as the NY Rangers (for example) and as funky as the Dallas Stars.  Although, I'm still cheesed that Dallas stole (for the most part) the All-Star jersey design...

Cuse2000 -- I totally agree about the Canucks jerseys from that Stanley Cup era.  The logo may not have been the best, but they certainly found a way to harness the colours and make them usable.

SyPhi -- Thanks for the complements, but all the credit for the striping goes to Mr. Clemente!  That came from the sleeves of his Rafaels template.  I just rotated it for the front and back of the jersey.

puckcool22 -- I thought about your comments about how I should try this design with other teams and colors.  Well, I kind of did this design specifically for Vancouver.  But then I thought, what about other Vancouver hockey teams?  So, thanks to your suggestion, I've got two new jerseys to post to this thread.

From the defunct Roller Hockey International league, I have a Vancouver VooDoo concept.  And from the current Western Hockey League, I have a Vancouver Giants concept.

Incidentally, I added a tail to the VooDoo jersey, in an attempt to replicate the style worn by the RHI teams.  I have an authentic game-issue 1994 Portland Rage road jersey I used for inspiration.  Man, I miss that team.  They had bright yellow home jerseys, FWIW...

Don't worry...  There's no yellow in either concept! Eye_anim.gif

As always, template and resources courtesy Roger Clemente, logos courtesy TheSLE.com, and my personal collection.  CCM logo courtesy logo.nino.ru.

I like them all except two. They are very dynamic. The home and road 80's are my favorites but the 70's kick butt too. You know it's a good concept when you like them better than the originals!

Even the 90's are an improvement. I always think that since the stripes on the current ones are relegated to the outer edges of the jersey with NOTHING on the shoulders (like colored shoulders similar to the Devils or Canadiens home jerseys or even a secondary logo patch like the 'Canes, Sens or Leafs) that the Canucks home jerseys always look like pajama tops with numbers. Those shoulders are just so blank.

I don't like the 80's yellow job and the 90's dark one is just too dark for my personal taste, but when those are the colors you are given to work with, that's what you get. Perhaps swapping the dark red with the light blue would work better for me.  Maybe not, but it's something I'd personally try just to see. Maybe even the silver from the number trim would be cool instead of the dark red.

Very nice work.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

spyboy -- Thank you for the kind words and feedback!

I can see what you mean about the shoulders needing something added to them.  That's one of the reasons why I added the Canuck Place patch on the '90s jerseys.  I never knew why they dropped them from the Orca jerseys, but brought it back for the alts the past couple years.  I wish they'd do some sort of a Johnny Canuck patch, but I guess the Vancouver Giants have beat them to that.

Anyhow, I worked with your suggestions, and have posted two modified concepts...

The first one swaps the dark red trim with the light blue.  I think this one looks really nice.  The second one maintains the previous color pattern, but exchanges the dark red for silver.  This required a color change on the numbers, but I think I can get away with that.  I tried using my original color pattern on the V portions, swapping the red with silver, but it was just TOO much silver.  I mean, if you think the Predators silver panels is excessive, this would've been deadly.

Let me know what you think!

• 9 months later...

And yet, nearly one year later... :D

After seeing Roger Clemente's latest kick-ass Canucks concept, I've felt a little inspired myself. (Why is it whenever he has a Canucks concept, I always feel inspired? ^_^ )

Anyhow, while maintaining my original V-style design, I took the liberty of modifying the crest a bit. It didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted, but I think it gets the idea across. Click here to check it out.

Enjoy!

(EDIT -- Woo-hoo! Post #200!)

Archived