NHL Baseball Crossover - Update: Atlanta Flames

TheLAKnight

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was hoping that you'd use this logo for the Wild instead: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/57243122014/Iowa_Wild/2014/Primary_Logo

Yes, please. Then the scripts would match, and you would replace a minor-league looking wordmark with a beautiful script.

I had just thought about that right before I posted that set. Not quite as easy to work with since the word is so short, but I made it work. While working on the alt, I discovered by accident that overlaying a green and cream script made it look a lot better.

MinWild%20Home2_zpswnlt56bg.pngMinWild%20HomeAlt3_zpskvhvfrvz.png

That's was the biggest problem with the shortness of the word. With a box around it, it's almost a square. In order to get it to stretch far enough across without being too short or too tall in length and height I had to squish it down. It has roughly the same dimensions as the Minnesota script now.

That's was the biggest problem with the shortness of the word. With a box around it, it's almost a square. In order to get it to stretch far enough across without being too short or too tall in length and height I had to squish it down. It has roughly the same dimensions as the Minnesota script now.

I mean, it doesn't look bad, it just looks a little off. The script is still a huge improvement over what you originally had used.

Had to move the script down so that it covers the third button but the W is now closer in shape to the original. I'm surprised that a script that should be ideal to transfer to a baseball uniform proved to be quite difficult.

MinWild%20Home3_zpshjdylxci.png

There's no consistency with ANY of these uniforms.

On 3 of the 4 Wild jerseys I used the exact same striping. The only jersey that's any different is the red and, as with their hockey set, it's the one that sticks out from the other 2.

Had to move the script down so that it covers the third button but the W is now closer in shape to the original. I'm surprised that a script that should be ideal to transfer to a baseball uniform proved to be quite difficult.

MinWild%20Home3_zpshjdylxci.png

MUCH better. Now if you can just make the same modification to the red alternate this set will be perfect.

Not quite up to the standards of the other Central division teams, here are the uniforms of the Nashville Predators.

NshPredators%20Home_zps40s2f478.pngNshPredators%20HomeAlt_zpsxldldmdb.pngNshPredators%20Road_zps6m5sxehr.pngNshPredators%20Road2_zps3vuc9sy6.png

I really didn't like how NASHVILLE looked on the road jersey (it needed to be enlarged greatly), so I made on with PREDATORS on the front. I left both so that you can see the difference.

The last two teams look good.

Here's the thing with wordmarks (and this applies to just about every concept in this series): If you look at uniforms around MLB, every wordmark that uses all upper case letters is arched. Think Boston, Texas, San Francisco, Cleveland, Houston, Colorado, Miami, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, both New York teams, Anaheim, Seattle and Toronto.

The Rays might be the only exception, but even with them, the "R" is larger than the other three letters. So what I'm saying is these team names that are in all upper case letters would probably look much better and more "baseball-y" if the wordmarks were ached.

P.S. The guitar pick logo on the Predators cap would look better if you got rid of the small "NP."

The last two teams look good.

Here's the thing with wordmarks (and this applies to just about every concept in this series): If you look at uniforms around MLB, every wordmark that uses all upper case letters is arched. Think Boston, Texas, San Francisco, Cleveland, Houston, Colorado, Miami, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, both New York teams, Anaheim, Seattle and Toronto.

The Rays might be the only exception, but even with them, the "R" is larger than the other three letters. So what I'm saying is these team names that are in all upper case letters would probably look much better and more "baseball-y" if the wordmarks were ached.

P.S. The guitar pick logo on the Predators cap would look better if you got rid of the small "NP."

I could see where some teams (LA, Chicago, Colorado) would look better if the wordmark was arched, but theirs are made up of individual letters which can be manipulated. For teams like Nashville and St. Louis, losing the outlines and shapes around the entire word wouldn't look as good.

That and I've never figured out how to arch a word without breaking it into parts on paint.net...

Archived