A new league to fear...

eriqjaffe

on your marks! Let's start... the FREDRICTON FEUD!!!! :puke:

Maybe they'll hire Richard Dawson as their head coach. Team mmeetings will be fun...

"Top five answers on the board... name something we did wrong that cost us the game last week."

"Tony threw too many interceptions."

"Good answer! good answer!"

"Show me TOO ANY PICKS!"

DINGDINGDINGDINGDING!

"Number one answer!"

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Alright, deep breath.... :wacko:

Just has a short stroll on their website, and I'm turned off already by the poor grammar/spelling, I couldn't get past the "ad's".

STOP THE APOSTROPHE MADNESS...

May be I need help, therapy or something, but these type of errors (ignorance) just brings down the level of credibility with me...

And I ususlly love the "alliterations"... that's why a friend and I wanted to create a group to enforce those grammar rules, mostly the use of apostrophe, called:

The Apostles of the Apostrophe

Anybody wants to join?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I want to join the Apostle's of the Apostrophe

when I finish working on all the ad's on my desk

and throw me newspaper's in the trash

we must spread the word

apostrophe's are an endangered species!

they must be spared!

practice punctuation conservation!

maybe the league had a surplus of apostrophes, and since none of the team names are plural, they had to use them somewhere before they went bad

soon I will work on my capitalization skills, but first, the elevated comma!

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

this league was mentioned a long long time ago... hasnt gotten much if any local media here in regina... me and my buddies were thinking of applying to be the front offices of the Regina and Saskatoon Franchises...lol... you can also apply to be league president... im sure thats a high quality job

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Seriously, the Montreal Machete? Do these people realize what i would give to run even this fifth-rate league? And I'm sure that even I with my vast experience and high school education could run this league into the ground while maintaining at least a little bit of honor. But the Montreal Machete? There is no hope for some souls.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Anyone else find it funny how they airbrushed the colors onto the cheerleaders?

naifl.png

At least thats what it looks like.

How DARE those fiends airbrush Carolina blue on Atlanta Falcons cheerleaders?! :P

Alright, deep breath.... :wacko:

Just has a short stroll on their website, and I'm turned off already by the poor grammar/spelling, I couldn't get past the "ad's".

STOP THE APOSTROPHE MADNESS...

May be I need help, therapy or something, but these type of errors (ignorance) just brings down the level of credibility with me...

And I ususlly love the "alliterations"... that's why a friend and I wanted to create a group to enforce those grammar rules, mostly the use of apostrophe, called:

The Apostles of the Apostrophe

Anybody wants to join?

There ias a great book about punctuation that has been out in Britain for a while called Eats, shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss, about missplaced punctuatuion and stuff like that! Well worth a read if you can get hold of a copy!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

i'm planning a league, and i figure when i'll be able to start it i will. that time isn't in the near future but i'm damn sure i could come up with a MUCH better name than Montreal Machete...it's so bad it's laughably hilarious :hockeysmiley:

what's next, Calgary Crapshoot? Edmonton Evil? Toronto Tuesday?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

on your marks! Let's start... the FREDRICTON FEUD!!!! :puke:

Maybe they'll hire Richard Dawson as their head coach. Team mmeetings will be fun...

Someone posted this on another board (a CFL one actually) and I made a similar comment--the team names all bite the big one (which was one of the responses when the Coneheads went on the Feud on an old SNL)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

This league HAS to be a farce! It's obvious they don't have a single owner. I don't know about any other Winnipeggers, but I haven't seen a single article about this league in the papers. And trust me, my city is gung-ho if it finds out that maybe there is an infinitesimal chance that some league, somewhere, might want to put a franchise here.

Another thing: Winnipeg WAR???!!! That's a terrible name! Especially with the anti-war sentiment that's beenaround, oh, for the past 40 years! Why don't they call them the Winnipeg Weapons of Mass Destruction? I am almost certain that all 14 team names (and locations) were thought up in a total of half an hour. I would bet large money that this league never sees the light of day.

But one team rep found out about my excellent skills in Madden 2002 and offered me an offensive coordinator position. I turned it down.

Archived