Good logos ruined by bad teams

FirearmofMutiny

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6cphie5heyvfwn6lbzfowe61h.png

Oilers logo since 2011. Has not had 1 winning season with this one

Its the same as the logo from their Gretzky/dynasty years so I think its still associated with winning

I know Wayne Gretzky and Grant Fuhr did become the leaders of the dynasty with this logo. But before this it was a different shade of blue.

scxsuiit824f8druiaf83mo3j.png

This was the primary until 2011. They then reverted to the one i've put above and have not had a winning season. So basically im saying they are 2 different logos. At least to this websites logic.

Um. Wrong. The copper, navy and red was from the mid-nineties to 2011, the current logo was the logo in the dynasty years. 5 cups do not equal losing.

Again, let me explain. When they started using this logo it was, as you said, in the 90s. This was the logo of the dynasty years, yes. But when they reverted to the one i posted they havent had a winning season. Im basically saying it qualifies as a different logo. Its kind of difficult to explain.

What? If it's there, it affects the logo. I liked the original Sabres logo a lot, whatever its flaws may be, but the silver outlines make it too busy and the navy blue doesn't look as good as the royal blue.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Sabres logo wasn't great to begin with, and now it's worse since they changed it to navy and added silver outlines.

I hear a lot of people say that. Do the silver outlines need to be there? Nope. But one thing doesn't affect the logo.

Sure it does. Details make a logo, and altering the details can't help but change the logo, for better or worse.

i40oxcdbo7xtfamqqhqachoyo.png\

Current Sabres. Perfect reiteration. But a fail of a team.

A doppelgänger logo for a team masquerading as an NHL-worthy squad. I don't think the navy makes the logo itself worse (although I greatly prefer royal uniforms), but the silver outlines muck everything up. They're unnecessary, and they make the logo much harder to reproduce in smaller sizes. I'm in Pad, but do an image search to see the difference between silver outlined hats and ones with the classic logo.

i40oxcdbo7xtfamqqhqachoyo.png\

Current Sabres. Perfect reiteration. But a fail of a team.

A doppelgänger logo for a team masquerading as an NHL-worthy squad. I don't think the navy makes the logo itself worse (although I greatly prefer royal uniforms), but the silver outlines muck everything up. They're unnecessary, and they make the logo much harder to reproduce in smaller sizes. I'm in Pad, but do an image search to see the difference between silver outlined hats and ones with the classic logo.
Yeah,

Sabres_Navy_Hat_1024x1024.jpg?v=14347495

vs.

Buffalo-Sabres-New-Era-9FIFTY-Vintage-In

How can you not have a problem with it? It's a slug :lol:

As for the so called "classic" logo, I definitely prefer the new version... The sword handles are much improved and the silver outlines add some much needed dimension, though they definitely didn't need to outline everything. The red eye also looks better thanks to scaling it back and outlining it in blue.

It's because I've seen even worse

In the top PRO sports. (So not junior, minors, or any league over shadowed by the NHL, NFL, MLB, and NBA) The Buffaslug is definitely the worst logo.

AND you're not even staying true to the topic of the thread. The thread is Good logos ruined by bad teams. The Buffaslug era players were actually pretty good. Some of their best teams ever played in those. They just had an awful logo. :D

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

It's because I've seen even worse
In the top PRO sports. (So not junior, minors, or any league over shadowed by the NHL, NFL, MLB, and NBA) The Buffaslug is definitely the worst logo.

AND you're not even staying true to the topic of the thread. The thread is Good logos ruined by bad teams. The Buffaslug era players were actually pretty good. Some of their best teams ever played in those. They just had an awful logo. :D

I clearly said "massive improvement" I just put it here to show a point i was making with the Sabres current look. In no way did I say it was a good logo. I can edit it and take it out if that makes you more happy. Besides that I can give you 3 logos that are worse than the Buffaslug. Anyways, please just stay true to the thread and not make an argument over personal opinion, which I have been guilty of before.

290.gif

A few decent/good years in the 70s, 1998...and that's about it.

1501.gif

A disgrace to any kind of football they may have been, but damn if the 'Gades didn't look sharp.

5635.gif

Carolina Cobras...the thing about consistently bad Arena teams is they don't last too long. Their only real claims to fame were that they basically looked like a red and gold version of the Panthers, and their QB was Air McNair's big brother.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived