A H L Norfolk Admirals unveil new logo...

Brian in Boston

The Norfolk Admirals of the American Hockey League have unveiled a new logo and color scheme.

While team management has said that the franchise's uniforms will still feature the more traditional image of a golden anchor somewhere on the jerseys, the new primary logo features a naval vessel firing pucks from ship-board guns. Additionally, the club has adopted the Black and Red colors of their parent club, the Chicago Blackhawks.

http://www.canoe.ca/AHL/News/2004/07/21/551571.html

I'm not a fan of the color change. Even though it pays tribute to the parent club, the new palette is woefully out of place for a nautically-themed team identity. The wordmark font is uninspiring. Worst of all, the pucks being "fired" from the deck guns is a miserable idea... and poorly rendered to boot.

Maybe if they'd gone with a Navy Blue/Light Blue/Gold or Navy Blue/Battleship Grey/Gold color scheme, eliminated the pucks and "gunblasts" and used a better font, this logo might have been salvaged.

As it is? Meh.

Brian in Boston

It's much better than what they had...that's not saying much. I like the battleship, but the shooting pucks are just cheesy. If they use the font in the logo (Aurora) on the uniforms, they will look like clones of the Portland Pirates (who also use Aurora, and are red and black).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

well, at least this ain't a skating admiral or anything similar, the Fugadmirals don't deserve it. this coulda actually been good but the fact that those cannons are shooting pucks is lame. basically teh ship part of the logo is the only good part, too bad they mucked it up with everything else there.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Ain't nothing Ice Patrol bad.

Given the Nads' old logo, anything would've been an improvement. The problem is, they went with anything rather than 'something good'.

I wholeheartedly support any and all previous cried of 'meh.'

Welcome to DrunjFlix

i agree with discrim on this one. the shooting pucks make it ice patrol bad.

OK, somebody show me the Ice Patrol logo.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

trust me. you don't wanna see it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Easiest way to picture it is:

1. with your wrong hand, draw a hockey player.

2. get a 5-year old child, and with his/her wrong hand, have them draw an oversized hockey puck in the player's mouth.

3. using whatever fonts came bundled with your computer, place "Canton Ice Patrol" somewhere on the logo. Use either hand.

4. Color it all poorly.

That's about it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Crap... Now I have to buy a new sweater next trip to Scope...

And this battleship thing is getting really frickin' annoying.

First I put this together...

dreadnoughts_logo_copy.jpg

And next I see this...

nbclogo2.jpg

And now the new Ads logo. Damn, I wish I'd copyrighted my design...

I wish they had stayed blue & gold. There's already too much red in our division, with Albany, WB/S, and Binghamton... Actually, I'd wish they'd go back to the old retro-Sabres jerseys, but that's just me.

As long as they play "Anchors Aweigh" as the Admirals hit the ice, I'll be happy. I miss that from the old ECHL days...

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

That is screaming semi clip art. Not saying it was originally clip art, but that looks brutally close.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

You are just saying that cause you can't find it either!

:P:D

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

You are just saying that cause you can't find it either!

:P:D

i've had the misfortune of having seen it. once was enough. thank god no one can find it.

looked like a fat leprechaun in a hockey uniform...making an attempt at getting high off puck...while standing on a giant streaking hockey puck...emblazoned with the words "CANTON ICE PATROL" in possibly teh most poorly executed fashion i have ever seen. and the whole thing looked like it was hand-drawn, scanned and then decided "Hey, look what i can do! Oooh, pretty words!"

again, thank god it seems no one can find it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived