Hello

WBGMike

I guess I had registared and posted and never introduced myself,

I am a Logo and uniform design addict

Geoff knows me from other boards and has seen some of my work. I hope I will be a assest to the team

also i have gathered that it is ok to be blunt and hoest in critues if I step the boundsrys please let me know, My comments are ment to help all of us grow not hurt.

*mimicking an AA meeting*

Hi, mudbug. Thanks for sharing your problem with us. The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem!

J/K ^_^ Anyway, looking forward to seeing your work. And yes, be as blunt as you like in critiques, but always constructively so. Example:

GOOD - "That curve just doesn't look right to me, paynomind. Maybe if you tried altering it a bit, that might help."

BAD - "That curve just doesn't look right to me, paynomind. You must be a real idiot to think that looks good. What a tard!"

Something like that. Enjoy your stay! :D

Oh, boy! A chance to use the :welcome: smiley!

Most people post their work here in the hope of getting an honest opinion, so feel free to tell them what you think. Before you comment, try to keep in mind that someone put thought, time, and effort into what you're looking at, and you should get along fine. :grin:

:welcome:, i think it should be standard operating procedure for every new member's first post to be an introduction. It is a great way for new members to learn how to act on this board.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Very good recomendations guys.

Constructive criticism is exceptionally valuable and really is what we are about around here.

Try to make your way into the Lounge for some spirited debate and discussion on what is going on in the world; from the presidental election to the fact that Nitro is afriad of a little vodka, and should be ashamed.

The Sports In General is a nice place were quite a few people break news to us, and others ramble about in quite and entertaining fashion about their favorite teams and whatnot.

Overall, welcome!

And remember - use lots of smilies, and read your posts before you post them.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

*mimicking an AA meeting*

Hi, mudbug. Thanks for sharing your problem with us. The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem!

J/K ^_^ Anyway, looking forward to seeing your work. And yes, be as blunt as you like in critiques, but always constructively so. Example:

GOOD - "That curve just doesn't look right to me, paynomind. Maybe if you tried altering it a bit, that might help."

BAD - "That curve just doesn't look right to me, paynomind. You must be a real idiot to think that looks good. What a tard!"

Something like that. Enjoy your stay! :D

But what if we really think paynomind IS a tard????? :hockeysmiley:

But what if we really think paynomind IS a tard?????  :hockeysmiley:

It's perfectly acceptable to call Payno a tard. (I mean, who hasn't at some time or another?) :P

The point is, you should try to be polite when criticizing his work.

Mudbug - you've fallen into something good - Welcome, take your shoes off and stay awhile, it's like home here on the CC Boards.

:D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Mudbug - you've fallen into something good - Welcome, take your shoes off and stay awhile, it's like home here on the CC Boards.

:D

Dammit whats that smell!!!! Mudbug put your shoes back on!! Do stay though!! :welcome::woot:

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Hey MudBugg, I think I am in the same boat as you in forgeting to introduce myself. Welcome to you by the way.

As far as I go, my name is Cory and I'm a huge Orioles, Ravens, Avalanche, and Mavericks Fan. I have been designing logos for a few years, yet I don't think I have as much talent as some other people I have seen on this site. Anyways, give me an IM or whatever, I got lots of stuff I am going to post in the next few days, and I'de be glad to give anything a try.

Well, while everyone's being all introductory and what-not...

This is probably re-introductory to some. As you can see I've been a member for quite some time and lurked quite a bit. I'm finally feeling bold enough to put some jersey ideas out here. With all the real talent in this community :notworthy: it can be a little intimidating for those of us with no skills.

I'm a sports editor for a couple of community newspapers in southwest Missouri, so I'm around sports all the time. I've always had a fascination with logos and uniforms. When my brother and I were younger we created colleges and football leagues and I was always drawing logos and uniforms for the teams. I always thought I was weird for doing it until I saw how many other people on the board did this, too. (My people!) I follow Southwest Missouri State - my alma mater - very closely. I'm also a big St. Louis Blues and Dallas Cowboys fan.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Archived