And another soccer club rebrand – somehow I'm in the mood. This time I decided to give the NASL's Jacksonville Armada FC a new primary mark. I'm not the biggest fan of their current identity, especially not of that 1980s typo, but I also dislike that angular-shaped anchor with those wings attached to it. The whole mark looks like it could have been on a cover of some video game 25 or 30 years ago, but it was created and announced in 2014.

I modified the color scheme a bit. Royal blue is gone while gold is now a little more saturated, less dirty. Pantone Cool Gray 2 C is just an accent color for the logo, like in their current mark.

3671_jacksonville_armada_fc-primary-2015

Current logo

Jacksonville%20Armada%20FC%20logo%20pres

Jacksonville%20Armada%20FC%20primary%20l

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

21 minutes ago, Go Red Sox! said:

And another soccer club rebrand – somehow I'm in the mood. This time I decided to give the NASL's Jacksonville Armada FC a new primary mark. I'm not the biggest fan of their current identity, especially not of that 1980s typo, but I also dislike that angular-shaped anchor with those wings attached to it. The whole mark looks like it could have been on a cover of some video game 25 or 30 years ago, but it was created and announced in 2014.

I modified the color scheme a bit. Royal blue is gone while gold is now a little more saturated, less dirty. Pantone Cool Grey 2 C is just an accent color for the logo, like in their current mark.

3671_jacksonville_armada_fc-primary-2015

Current logo

Jacksonville%20Armada%20FC%20logo%20pres

Jacksonville%20Armada%20FC%20primary%20l

Much better than the authentic, bravo!

whereicomefrom.png

All of your soccer logos are things of beauty.

Really solid job here :D Now all you need to do is get the club to accept your logos....(Which probably won't happen, not because of the logo, just because most clubs are douches.)

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

20 minutes ago, nas1787 said:

Really nice work. One small suggestion though: flip the last A in Armada so that it mirrors the first one. Will provide nice symmetry.

Done! Haven't thought about that. Looks even better. Couldn't really mirror it because it looked too much like the letter R. Thanks! It's updated.

Thanks, guys!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

8 hours ago, BigRed618 said:

I would've put the anchor completely inside the shield, but otherwise awesome work.

Thanks, BigRed618. I decided to put that anchor partly and clearly visible outside the shield to avoid repetitiveness and gaining more prominence.

15 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Very nice...a big upgrade!

Could the letters "FC" be a tad bigger to make them a little more prominent?

(I don't know...being super-nitpicky).

Looks great...really clean, Go.

Thanks, Sparky! 

I've enlarged "FC" 15%. I think it's better now. Already updated.

1 hour ago, JMtexan09 said:

Hey @Go Red Sox! I would want to say something....... 

FREAKING AWESOME UPGRADE LOGO! I LOVE THE CLEAN LOOK AND HOW IT POP OUT OF ITSELF! GREAT JOB

Thanks a lot, JMtexan09.

Note: I just removed the spike on the second "A" to gain even more symmetry.

Archived