2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe this is how the Caps need to exorcise their playoff demons, by coming back from a 3-1 deficit and winning a series, shedding the choker label. 

Lol no. 

spacer.png

Other than Carl Hagelin, this was basically the same Penguins roster that SUCKED for 3 months. Was Mike Johnston THAT bad?

They change coaches, and all of a sudden, they look invincible. Mike Sullivan was not a great coach in Boston, yet he looks like a god right now.

And Matt Murray made a deal with the Devil. I'm convinced. (Which will probably expire next round when he turns into a pumpkin against TB/NYI.

Seriously, Mike Johnston may never get another coaching gig again. Same roster he hade (other than Hagelin), new coach, they look utterly unbeatable.

I mean...... seriously, do the Penguins basically have to fire coaches in order to make Cup runs?

10 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I keep waiting for the Penguin bubble to burst. Maybe it's just not gonna to happen.

What bubble? What the hell are you even talking about? This team, as it is currently constructed, has had two trips to the Finals. They're 1-1, and haven't been back since 2009. If anything? This team has underachieved, given the talent they've had.

I know this is just a waste of time, because you never actually respond when someone calls you out on your ramblings, but Jesus. Just answer this one question. Just one. Is there any potential champion, in any sport, that could make you happy? From where I stand? It seems like you'll find an excuse to complain about anything.

7 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I know this is just a waste of time, because you never actually respond when someone calls you out on your ramblings, 

This is my favorite thing about SabresRule. It's a very punk-rock sensibility. He gets in, he does his thing, and he gets out, each time with nothing but efficiency and mastery of a limited but effective skill set. He's like the Ramones, if the Ramones SUCKED.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

24 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

What bubble? What the hell are you even talking about? This team, as it is currently constructed, has had two trips to the Finals. They're 1-1, and haven't been back since 2009. If anything? This team has underachieved, given the talent they've had.

I was referring to their hot streak since the coaching change

3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

They've squandered what should have been a dynasty.  It's hard to associate the cup winning team to the current one, due to their complete futility these past 6 years.  One conference finals appearance and they get swept with, arguably, their most stacked lineup to date....

Just realized Jim Rutherford is the general manager of the Penguins. ew. How did they not trade all their draft picks for dudes from Ferris State?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived