2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

Can't believe Ward scored with one second on that power play. Actually, I can, because Joel Ward is always coming through in big spots. 

Ah well, here's hoping Pittsburgh puts this away.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dont care said:

and the sharks make it a series

Ehhh, not quite. Let's see them tie it up Monday. Then we'd have a series.

Not to say I'm not happy for tonight's result, but the Pens have still been the better team overall. Tonight was a good step in changing that. 

27 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Can't believe Ward scored with one second on that power play. Actually, I can, because Joel Ward is always coming through in big spots. 

Ah well, here's hoping Pittsburgh puts this away.

Still beating that drum, eh?

It's okay, we'll get drinks this summer. Maybe even share a bag of gumdrops. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

If the Sharks had gone down 3-0 in this series, the pure irony, and poetic justice of coming back, would have been the perfect story for San Jose... BUT they made the series 2-1, OH WELL...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Games 1-3 of the Stanley Cup Finals for the Sharks have been like an old Bum Phillips line.

Game 1, they knocked on the door. Game 2, they beat on it. Game 3, they kicked the son of a bitch in.

48 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Games 1-3 of the Stanley Cup Finals for the Sharks have been like an old Bum Phillips line.

Game 1, they knocked on the door. Game 2, they beat on it. Game 3, they kicked the son of a bitch in.

Didn't they just barely win in OT ?

14 hours ago, ninersdd said:

Also looks like a new camera angle at the Tank.

About time, the birds eye view was horrible, impossible to get a real sense of the action on the ice. Looked like an old video game. 

And man, do i hate that dirty bastard Burns :mad:

Guess Thornton is Smithers then

14 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Yea, as much as I appreciate your new found rooting for San Jose, they haven't kicked down anything in this series. Not even close to it actually.

On a completely different note, you just have to love this announcer. Courtesy of the Finns.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Yes, the Sharks may have been outplayed and outshot in the first two games, and had their hands full in Game 3, however, while it seems like one team is just overmatched, lets look back: Game 1: Penguins 3 Sharks 2; Game 2: Penguins 2 Sharks 1 in OT; Game 3: Sharks 3 Penguins 2 in OT.  Total through three games: Penguins 7 Sharks 6.  All one goal games and two games in Overtime.  In my opinion, the Sharks really haven’t looked bad in any game, Pittsburgh just looked better.

Both teams have good offenses, but I think the Sharks offense is a bit better and they have so many offensive weapons that looked to be getting back to the way they looked in the first three rounds of the playoffs.  Of course I want the Sharks to win the Stanley Cup, but If Pittsburgh can continue to shut down those players and win it, then they will have earned it.  I’m just not sure they can keep Pavelski, Thornton, Marleau, Couture and Burns (and Hertl) off the score sheet.

15 hours ago, DaRadniz29 said:

Yes, the Sharks may have been outplayed and outshot in the first two games, and had their hands full in Game 3, however, while it seems like one team is just overmatched, lets look back: Game 1: Penguins 3 Sharks 2; Game 2: Penguins 2 Sharks 1 in OT; Game 3: Sharks 3 Penguins 2 in OT.  Total through three games: Penguins 7 Sharks 6.  All one goal games and two games in Overtime.  In my opinion, the Sharks really haven’t looked bad in any game, Pittsburgh just looked better.

Look man, let's be real. They looked bad in Game 2 and most of Game 1. I'm happy with Game 3 since it was the closest we've seen to the battle we wanted from the start, but I don't see how any other Sharks fans can say otherwise for the first two. I hope we see another step in the right direction and go back to Pennsylvania tied.

8 hours ago, Thomas said:

Sharks are too slow, so sadly they resort to the old time hockey of hacking, slashing and punching. Just because they can't keep pace with the pens

Not sure if you're a Pens fan, or just trying to instigate, but that's some premiere bull :censored: you're slinging, especially on the hacking, slashing and punching point. 

Also... the Sharks apparently have this banner hanging at their practice rink:

CkNNAjhUUAAvfBG.jpg

Burn this franchise to the ground.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

3 hours ago, Alex Houston said:

Look man, let's be real. They looked bad in Game 2 and most of Game 1. I'm happy with Game 3 since it was the closest we've seen to the battle we wanted from the start, but I don't see how any other Sharks fans can say otherwise for the first two. I hope we see another step in the right direction and go back to Pennsylvania tied.

Not sure if you're a Pens fan, or just trying to instigate, but that's some premiere bull :censored: you're slinging, especially on the hacking, slashing and punching point. 

Burns is playing dirty man. 

The Sharks haven't lead at any point in this series. Pittsburgh is the better team and I'm kind of glad this team will be put out of their misery on Thursday. Thought this could be different but the worst hockey came out at the worst time.

Archived