2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Penguins have a recent history of choking 3-1 series leads.

Don't crown them yet.

If they don't win game 5.... it's gonna go seven games.

Pittsburgh does NOT want to come back to the Shark Tank, and if the Cup is not hoisted on Thursday, they're playing with fire.

25 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Don't crown them yet.

Pittsburgh does NOT want to come back to the Shark Tank, and if the Cup is not hoisted on Thursday, they're playing with fire.

:rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Don't crown them yet.

Seriously, is there any joy in your life?

50 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Don't crown them yet.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

these Penguins are what I thought the Dallas Stars would be if Dallas got competent goaltending.

I feel like if Lehtonen/Niemi were basically just average, they'd be where Pittsburgh is.

I mean, Kris Letang is a #1 defensemen on a Cup winning team..... ugh. Amazing how blocking shots covers up those warts.

We go from Duncan Keith's epic Conn Smythe performance last year... to a bunch of guys just blocking a million shots

1 minute ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I mean, Kris Letang is a #1 defensemen on a Cup winning team..... ugh. Amazing how blocking shots covers up those warts.

Lol, this is ridiculous. You're basically saying that Letang is an average defenseman. Check the stats, he's easily a top 10 and maybe even top 5 defenseman in the NHL. 

Anyways, I'm completely fine that the Pens didn't sweep because I want to see them hoist the cup in their beautiful throwbacks. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

We go from Duncan Keith's epic Conn Smythe performance last year... to a bunch of guys just blocking a million shots

And yet you still found a way to complain about that...

7 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

these Penguins are what I thought the Dallas Stars would be if Dallas got competent goaltending.

I feel like if Lehtonen/Niemi were basically just average, they'd be where Pittsburgh is.

To quote Chris Jericho, in his early 2000's heyday, would you pleeeeaase, shut, the, hell, up!

Not feeling too bad for Sharks fans tonight. They pretty much celebrated their "Cup" when they won the west. I don't think I've ever seen a fanbase more "happy to be there" than San Jose's.

And when the Pens raise their banner next fall, will they slap the gold or yellow logo on it?

6uXNWAo.png

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

shah-arks

reminds me, why is the crowd chanting let's go shar-arks, instead of "go sharks go" or other.

sounds silly as hell, why stretch the sharks into two syllables ?

Barring some epic collapse by the Pens, I don't see the Sharks coming back from a 3-1 deficit. Even if the Sharks win game 5, the Pens have shown they will bounce back and follow it up with a win. But as we have seen, anything can happen. The GS Warriors came back from a 3-1 deficit against the Thunder, who manhandled the Warriors through the first 4 games. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

*sigh* The Penguins are the better team. Mike Sullivan figured out how to used 2 of the best 5 players in the world on the same team and Jim Rutherford fell into some good moves. Matt Murray is Ken Dryden and rescues the team from MAF. That city continues to :censored: horseshoes. 

I mean give another championship to Pittsburgh, it doesn't matter at this point. They won't appreciate it as much as Buffalo, or Toronto or Vancouver etc etc, but that's fine. There are 7 year old pittsburgh fans who've never seen a championship in their lives so you gotta help them out. My Sister lives in Pittsburgh and she'll get work off for a parade that she won't attend so that's cool. 

The first finals I've watched was Kings-Canadiens in 93. I was 5. I've watched every one since. The only time I can think of when the better team didn't win the finals was 2009. How :censored:ing Pittsburgh is that?

The Lake Erie Monsters are about to win the Calder Cup. That's what I get to hockey celebrate. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

28 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

*sigh* The Penguins are the better team. Mike Sullivan figured out how to used 2 of the best 5 players in the world on the same team and Jim Rutherford fell into some good moves. Matt Murray is Ken Dryden and rescues the team from MAF. That city continues to :censored: horseshoes. 

I mean give another championship to Pittsburgh, it doesn't matter at this point. They won't appreciate it as much as Buffalo, or Toronto or Vancouver etc etc, but that's fine. There are 7 year old pittsburgh fans who've never seen a championship in their lives so you gotta help them out. My Sister lives in Pittsburgh and she'll get work off for a parade that she won't attend so that's cool. 

The first finals I've watched was Kings-Canadiens in 93. I was 5. I've watched every one since. The only time I can think of when the better team didn't win the finals was 2009. How :censored:ing Pittsburgh is that?

The Lake Erie Monsters are about to win the Calder Cup. That's what I get to hockey celebrate. 

735446.jpg

;)

The Pens have been the better team throughout the whole series. Even in game three, where it could be argued that the Sharks just made better use of a few key moments.

San Jose has their backs up against a wall. If that wakes them up, and they don't get frantic, I wouldn't be surprised if they win one more.

Could the Sharks still hoist the cup? Sure, it's possible. Even if they get it together, though, it's unlikely Pittsburgh will fall apart enough for them to pull it out.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived