Who's the best QB in the NFL

vicfurth

Who's the best Quarterback (In no particular order)?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good lord almighty... STL.. would you care to place a friendly wager on the performance of Kurt warner this year? That guy is so phenominally over-rated I can't even believe we was on this list, much less getting a vote.

McNabb will have insane numbers this year, adding TO as a weapon. If Vick can stay healthy, my top three favorite players in the NFL will own the QB position... Vick, McNabb, and the MAN, McNair

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

How do you overrate the highest passer rating in history?

I wouldn't mind a friendly wager...admittedly though, he doesn't have the same weapons in NY as he did in St. Louis, so I'm not gonna go to crazy with how I think he'll perform, but I think he'll have excellent numbers and give that team a chance.

I'm quite sure his stats will be better than Bulgers. Everything but yards...WR have a lot to do with that, so Bulger may come ahead in that case.

Pennington is a close second to Manning.

The only thing he needs is consistency, and health.

They both are very exciting to watch (o.k. so is Vick...).

My favourite play is Pennigton's fake, he even fakes his line...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Kurt Warner. He's finally gonna get his shot again.

oh boy, theres our comic relief for this thread.

warner may not be as washed up as some think he is, but theres no way you can call a guy who's gone something like 0-6 in his last 6 starts the best QB in the NFL. in my opinion, his best days are FAR behind him, and those days lead him to be "phenominally overrated", as PNM put it.

it's gotta be peyton manning. smartest player in the league, throws one hell of a longball, and has Marvin as his #1 weapon.

I say Atlanta will always have a chance to get to the Super Bowl with Vick behind center. He is the Barry Bonds of the NFL, for crying out loud. No one team depends on one player as much as the Falcons rely on Vick. And for good reason. In the three games he was back (or four, IIRC), they were undefeated and looked much like the contender that everyone made them out to be.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

And for good reason. In the three games he was back (or four, IIRC), they were undefeated

actually, they got blown out by Indy in week 15, 38-7 with Vick under center. ^_^

i do think Vick is an outstanding player, but he doesnt have the weapons, or defense to take his team to the top. Peerless Price was a bust and Duckett/Dunn arent what you would call elite backs. I do think Hall will make a big impact on their D though.

Tops right now is Steve McNair. He doesn't exactly have the greatest Wr corps around either. He almost beat the Pats in Foxboro, and he didn't totally cave in like Manning did. Peyton is great in his own right, but McNair has that intagible about him that Manning does not.

Im going with the crowd that says McNair.

are there more talented QBs in the league right now? Sure, but like shiz pointed out, McNair has the intangibles that make a good QB great.

I believe it was a couple of years ago in a playoff game against the Raiders, McNair while playing hurt literally carried the Titans on his back in that game. I cant remember if they won that game or not, and Im not one to give players that dont play for one of my teams any credit. However after seeing Steve McNair's performance in that game, it sold me that he is the best QB in the NFL right now if you add up talent and intangibles combined.

How do you overrate the highest passer rating in history?

They never thought the Kurt Warner would go from the A&P to MVP (Super Bowl, that is) in one year either. So why should they believe that he'll once again prove himself to be the best QB in the NFL?

They may call us deluded now, STL, but at the end of it all, they'll call us 'vindicated'.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

i really like David Carr. he will no doubt develop in to a top 5 qb.

right now its probably vick of the falcons <_<

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Get rid of a faulty NFL rule (The Tuck Rule), and Tom Brady only has one ring. He fumbled that ball, he got saved by a flaw in the rule book. Anyways --

I said Peyton Manning, although Michael Vick has the weapons to be better. People are ready to call Michael Vick one of the best in the league based on -- his legs and ability to run! That's insane considering the fact that if you've ever seen this guys ability to throw a football, he's got one of the stronger arms in the game and it's just as accurate. He will be one of the greats.

IUe6Hvh.png

Get rid of a faulty NFL rule (The Tuck Rule), and Tom Brady only has one ring. He fumbled that ball, he got saved by a flaw in the rule book. Anyways --

And while you're at it, get rid of the fact that regardless of the call, the Pats still drove down the length of the field to score the touchdown on that drive, then came back down the field to tie the game, then came back down the field AGAIN in OT to win. Yep, and then he has only one ring. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Anyway as much as I love Tommy Boy, and is great as I think Manning is, McNair is just much more complete than the both of them. His mobility is lethal. Manning has a great arm and mind. McNair has a great arm, a great mind, AND great feet. He has all 3.

You can not say Vick is the top QB in the league. I am hoping he becomes the next great thing and he very well may be, but for now he hasn't been around long enough or hasn't been consistent enough to be the best QB in the league. He hasn't developed his football IQ and is impatient in the pocket. He makes some very innaccurate and stupid throws and doesn't make smart decisions all the time. He will be great, maybe even this season, but not right now.

all the players you've mentioned are outstanding (except Warner :P )

Just messing with you STL.

They are all great QBs and by the various definitions of greatness may in fact be the best right now.

I'll take Brett though. Still truckin at age 34. led the LEAGUE in TD passes last year. People treat him like he's half way in the ground already. Dude has a fire and a playfulness unmatched and I think will be hurling passes for a long time to come.

No one I'd rather have.....specially not that slack jaw Manning. But Brady I dig, McNair I dig, Pennington I dig........Vick I fear....stupid home playoff loss.

Can't wait for the season.

Peace.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Where's the love for Tommy Maddox?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

<snicker> Sorry... I can't keep a straight face on that one... Geez, I crack myself up...

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Archived