NHL 2016-17 (Feel free to post concepts)

JJ Anderes

Hey folks!

The NHL season of 2016-17 seems to be a huge one, as the Penguins, Flyers, Blues and Kings all celebrate 50 years of hockey, and several others are undergoing a rebrand.

Feel free to post any concepts of yours regarding a uniform change or NHL event for this upcoming season. But before I let you...

MINNESOTA WILD TO CHANGE ROAD JERSEY

Before you get excited, just realize this is based on rumors. While this story is probably untrue (this would mark the third white jersey by the Wild five years), I've heard this same story from tons of people. Here's my other reason to believe this is true...

hi-res-159800044_crop_north.jpg

C'mon, let's admit it. This is the best jersey the Wild have ever worn. It's wildly popular amongst the fans (sorry for that pun, I couldn't avoid it), and the team has been wearing it for the playoffs since they unveiled it. It's much better than their red jersey, and if a new road jersey is coming, I wouldn't be surprised if the green is promoted to home and the new road matches it. Anyway, here's my prediction.

wild-iceborn-road.png

Ok, now that's over, comment and post away...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright I'll throw my two cents in...

Based on rumours and a possible leak...here's a Flyers alternate idea.

image.png

AND something everyone wants to see. With the Pens using their alternate as a home during the playoffs and a new home and road set coming next year, this is what I expect...

image.png

10 hours ago, timberwolf said:

Alright I'll throw my two cents in...

Based on rumours and a possible leak...here's a Flyers alternate idea.

image.png

AND something everyone wants to see. With the Pens using their alternate as a home during the playoffs and a new home and road set coming next year, this is what I expect...

image.png

Nice job, maybe a gold alternate?

According to the Reebok catalog, the Kings are listed for a "specialty jersey".

Since it didn't say "throwback", I'm assuming they're doing the same thing as the Flyers and taking elements from past uniforms while mixing in something new. Here's my take on the new jersey for this season.

kings-iceborn.png

On 4/23/2016 at 5:19 PM, JJ Anderes said:

MINNESOTA WILD TO CHANGE ROAD JERSEY

Before you get excited, just realize this is based on rumors. While this story is probably untrue (this would mark the third white jersey by the Wild five years), I've heard this same story from tons of people. Here's my other reason to believe this is true...

hi-res-159800044_crop_north.jpg

C'mon, let's admit it. This is the best jersey the Wild have ever worn. It's wildly popular amongst the fans (sorry for that pun, I couldn't avoid it), and the team has been wearing it for the playoffs since they unveiled it. It's much better than their red jersey, and if a new road jersey is coming, I wouldn't be surprised if the green is promoted to home and the new road matches it. Anyway, here's my prediction.

wild-iceborn-road.png

Ok, now that's over, comment and post away...

Honestly, I feel like the green would be more likely changed to reflect the white.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

I like what I'm seeing so far in this thread.

I put together a set for the Centennial Classic. I left the right shoulders on both jerseys blank because I lack the skills to create a realistic looking Centennial Classic patch (so if anyone has one and would like to share I'd appreciate it).

Also used the Toronto Arenas "T" logo and Detroit Cougars "D" logos as shoulder patches...I know I'm mixing eras but I thought they worked as a patch. As for Toronto, I used their new logo which probably doesn't go with a Classic theme, but I just couldn't resist trying it out.

Let me know what you guys think.

TylerKostiuk-TMLCC.png

Archived