dherrera_96

2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

Are the black pants officially done for the Panthers or will they bring them back?

Honestly man, I don't know. They wore them in the preseason last year and then they were locked away. Don't be surprised to see them pop up in a few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per twitter, Rams will be in white at home all season, which explains why the Panthers will wear black there week 9. It also said they would wear throwbacks vs Seattle and SF (3rd yr in a row). Not sure if it will be a white throwback or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there were some comments Panthers may go black pants-black jersey for 1st game in New Orleans Oct 16, which would be odd since the Saints go black on black sometimes, but have not seen confirmation from Panthers.  

 

i'm not a fan of the black on black Panther unis like others are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Per twitter, Rams will be in white at home all season, which explains why the Panthers will wear black there week 9. It also said they would wear throwbacks vs Seattle and SF (3rd yr in a row). Not sure if it will be a white throwback or not.

According to the links about the Giants jersey rotation, it said the Giants would be wearing white in LA; but I know that is a prime-timer (the only prime-time regular season game for the Rams this season). This also means the Cowboys in the first pre-season game at the Coliseum will be wearing their blues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, pagan696 said:

If the Panthers are going mono-Carolina Blue in their home date w/New Orleans, I wonder what the Saints' color-rush combo will be--mono white or mono gold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

If the Panthers are going mono-Carolina Blue in their home date w/New Orleans, I wonder what the Saints' color-rush combo will be--mono white or mono gold?

 

Probably Mono Black.  I just can't see the Saints trying gold again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, msubulldog said:

According to the links about the Giants jersey rotation, it said the Giants would be wearing white in LA; but I know that is a prime-timer (the only prime-time regular season game for the Rams this season). This also means the Cowboys in the first pre-season game at the Coliseum will be wearing their blues.

The Giants Rams game is in London so maybe that is an exception. It said the Rams will wear white for HOME games. Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

The Giants Rams game is in London so maybe that is an exception. It said the Rams will wear white for HOME games. Interesting.

I wonder what the Rams' rationale for white in home games--could it be b/c the Coliseum is a temporary home until the new stadium is complete, with the possibility of a new uniform at the new stadium. A Jeff Fisher coached team has a precedent when his Oilers left Houston and played the first two seasons in Tennessee before the change to Titans as a WAH team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or it could be that the Rams have a precedent of wearing white at home in Los Angeles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

The Giants Rams game is in London so maybe that is an exception. It said the Rams will wear white for HOME games. Interesting.

 

The Rams are the home team for that game, though. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Top Shelf said:

 

The Rams are the home team for that game, though. :/

Correct me if I am wrong, but when it comes to London games, the home team wears their standard colored jersey even if traditionally they prefer to wear white at home. I remember that was the case when the Dolphins were the home team in London and they wore their aqua tops. But then again, it was a day game here in the states but a night game across the pond. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've probably said it 100x but the reason why the Panthers black on black works and looks so good is because they're smart enough to wear contrasting socks unlike other teams who go mono.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VikWings said:

I've probably said it 100x but the reason why the Panthers black on black works and looks so good is because they're smart enough to wear contrasting socks unlike other teams who go mono.

 

It helps that the light blue really pops against the black alongside the silver accents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Old School Fool said:

 

It helps that the light blue really pops against the black alongside the silver accents.

 

Yea. That too. I love light blue on black as a color scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2016 at 4:13 AM, phutmasterflex said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but when it comes to London games, the home team wears their standard colored jersey even if traditionally they prefer to wear white at home. I remember that was the case when the Dolphins were the home team in London and they wore their aqua tops. But then again, it was a day game here in the states but a night game across the pond. 

 

I'm assuming if the Cowboys ever have to give up a home date for a London game that this would not be the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cleveland Fan said:

 

I'm assuming if the Cowboys ever have to give up a home date for a London game that this would not be the case.

The Cowboys would never give up a home game for London though. Isn't it usually a team that struggles to draw sellouts at their own home field?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two thoughts:

 

 - Do we have official confirmation from either team of what they're wearing in the HOF game?

 - Has anyone heard a schedule of Color Rush games?  I'm assuming it will be all Thursday games except the Kickoff game and TNF the week after Thanksgiving (two Thanksgiving Day teams playing each other), as this would be the easiest way to have all 32 teams wear Color Rush uniforms once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The black pants are still in existence!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, during #PanthersFanFest they went black pants (offense black jersey/defense white jersey). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2016 at 10:59 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

Or it could be that the Rams have a precedent of wearing white at home in Los Angeles.

They did exclusively from 1964 to the first two home games in 1972, intermittently between 1978 and 1982, and a couple of times in the 90s before moving to St Louis (I think they were WAH for all 1993 games).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.