VGHL 2016 - Fictional, Hand Drawn League - Series Complete; Florida Pacmen added 07/20/16

Morgan33

Before I started posting NHL concepts, by hand, there was the V.V.G.L.  My first series that I posted back in 2012, consisting of the following teams, representing the following video game franchises...

Anaheim Assassins: Goldeneye 007                      New York Rollers: Crazy Taxi Series                             San Jose Metroids: Metroid Prime Series

Calgary Mario's: Mario Series                                 New York Wake: Wave Race Series                              Toronto Sonics: Sonic Series

Edmonton Triforce: Zelda Series                            Pittsburgh Pacmen: Pacman Series                             Vancouver Jetsets: Jet Set/Grind Radio Series

Minnesota Yoshi's: Yoshi/Mario Series                   Montreal Quake: Quake Series                                     Victoria Knights: Heroes of Might & Magic Series

3boSiht.jpg

Wanting a break from my current, NHL, series; I decided to redo the entire league and expand it to 14 teams.  V.V.G.H.L. sounded a bit clunky so I changed the name to simply VGHL.  A few franchises have moved or changed altogether and the league is now divided into two conferences.  Here are the 14 teams I will be posting:

Western Conference                                            Eastern Conference

Anaheim Assassins: Goldeneye 007                                          Brooklyn Gear: Metal Gear Solid Series

Calgary Marios: Mario Series                                                      Florida Pacmen: Pac Man Series

Chicago Street Fighters: Street Fighter Series                           Montreal Quake: Quake Series

Edmonton Triforce: Zelda Series                                                New York Rollers: Crazy Taxi Series

Minnesota Knights: Heroes of Might & Magic Series                 Ottawa S.T.A.R.S: Resident Evil Remake

San Jose Metroids: Metroid Prime Series                                   Pittsburgh Yoshi's: Yoshi/Mario Series

Vancouver Jetsets: Jet Set/Grind Radio Series                          Toronto Sonics: Sonic Series

I will be alternating between Western and Eastern conference teams, starting from the North down.  First up are the Vancouver Jetsets (coming very shortly).

GoXUWJQ.jpg

Vancouver Jetsets

Video Game: Jet Grind/Set Radio Series

Colours: Lime Green, Charcoal, Silver, Crimson, Sky Blue.

Uniform Influences: Ottawa Senators, Vancouver Canucks, Dallas Stars.

The 2012 version of this concept was admittedly half assed.  I completed it before ever deciding to make this a series that other people would see.  For this update I sought to give them a more traditional logo while keeping the non-traditional palette that made it unique.  "Beat" (jet grind radio character) has been updated and demoted to alternate status on a new, lime green, alternate.  C & C very much appreciated.  Thanks for looking!

dGYNeKE.jpg

VD7HrxY.jpg

1 minute ago, Morgo said:

Vancouver Jetsets

The 2012 version of this concept was admittedly half assed.  I completed it before ever deciding to make this a series that other people would see.  For this update I sought to give them a more traditional logo while keeping the non-traditional palette that made it unique.  "Beat" (jet grind radio character) has been updated and demoted to alternate status on a new, lime green, alternate.  C & C very much appreciated.  Thanks for looking!

dGYNeKE.jpg

For being hand-drawn, that's really good. Good job. 

2 hours ago, Morgo said:

Vancouver Jetsets

dGYNeKE.jpg

Nice start to the reborn series.

Montreal Quake

Video Game: Quake Series

Colours: Indigo Blue, Blood Red

Uniform Influences: New York Rangers, Montreal Canadiens

The new blue splits the difference between Royal and Navy, while the striping borrows from the heavily from the Rangers.  Alternate puts the emphasis on red and introduces a logo that includes a "Q," and "M" within a rail-gun icon.  C & C always appreciated, thanks for looking!

xpfu6ci.jpg

q6av1V1.jpg

Edmonton Triforce

Video Game: Legend of Zelda Series

Colours: Royal Blue, Emerald, Gold, Black.

Uniform influences: Atlanta Thrashers

Figured the Triforce icon was a much better choice than the previous, cartoon, "Link."  Simplified and bolded the stripes to make the unique colour scheme stand out.  C & C always welcome and appreciated.  Thanks for looking! :)

jkUhIMM.jpg

TlXlhPZ.jpg

Ottawa S.T.A.R.S.

Video Game: Resident Evil Remake, 2002

Colours: Midnight, Dark Forest Green, Incendiary Red, Gold

Uniform influences: Minnesota Wild, Colorado Avalanche, Dallas Stars Constellation Bull

This set predates the 2012 version of this series and I'm not sure why it wasn't included as it's one of my favourites.  I sought to turn the dark atmosphere of the Resident Evil remake into a uniform design, with a muted palette of dark forest green and black.  Red and Athletic gold were added as accents for contrast and the insure it didn't look like a complete dirge.  The primary logo is a modified version the S.T.A.R.S. badge while the shoulder patches insure the team is constantly looking over their shoulders for the "Umbrella Corporation."  The alternate aims to create something different through inversion.  The umbrella logo takes centre stage with some minor additions.  As always, C & C very much appreciated.  Thanks for looking! :)

h3fEEEa.jpg

QfcoDev.jpg

Two for one today.  These uniforms borrow heavily from two original six franchises but what league wouldn't look to the classics for inspiration?  I think the aesthetics of the Wings and Leafs lend themselves to these once competing franchises nicely.  C & C appreciated.

Calgary Marios

Video Game: Mario Series

Colours: Mario Red, White

Uniform influences: Detroit Red Wings

TQEyJoz.jpg

Toronto Sonics

Video Game: Sonic the Hedgehog Series

Colours: Royal Blue, White

Uniform influences: Toronto Maple Leafs

47Jmj4m.jpg

JA3K36E.jpg

Minnesota Knights

Video Game: Heroes of Might & Magic Series

Colours: Emerald, Platinum, Athletic Gold, Black, White

Uniform Influences: San Jose Sharks (97-07), Minnesota North Stars

Disappointed with the lack of responses but will push on anyways.  7 down, 7 to go.  This next team is based off my all time favourite game, Heroes of Might & Magic 2.  This team moved from Victoria to the state of hockey and altered their uniforms.  The 'V' has been replaced with a griffin, and black has become more prominent.  The shoulders, which were meant to mimic a Knights armour, have been retained and a new, black, alternate has been added.  C & C appreciated as this thread is damn near starved of it.  Thanks for looking!

qcmLAwf.jpg

p9u09yo.jpg

New York Rollers

Video Game: Crazy Taxi Series

Colours: Taxi Yellow, Black, Dice Red (alt only).

Uniform influences: Calgary Flames

Taxi's and New York go together like a burger and a pint, so it only made sense to name this team after the Crazy Taxi games.; one of which was set in that city.  The primary logo has received a significant update and the striping has been simplified for a bold, classic, look.  The alternate is, admittedly, a shameless rip off of one of my favourite uniforms of all time; the Flames 2004-07 red's.  I added a shoulder yoke and changed the chevron design to a single, diagonal, line.  The alternate logo resembles the oversized, novelty, dice that hang from a rearview mirror.  C & C appreciated, big ups to the people who've responded.  The kind words are very much appreciated :).  Thanks for looking!

fhSR5HG.jpg

rFfuXmb.jpg

Chicago Streetfighters

Video Game: Streetfighter Series

Colours: Red, Black, Cream, White

Uniform Influences: Chicago Blackhawks, Minnesota Wild

Brand new team to add to the league, based on the popular Capcom series.  This word-heavy set was influenced by some of the more traditionally styled, nhl, uniforms.  Namely the Blackhawks and bits of the Minnesota Wild.  C & C appreciated, thanks for looking :).

lRNsMYq.jpg

A4seO1E.jpg

Archived