Thrift Store Gems 2017

johnnysama

20 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

I'm selling my college basketball jersey collection on ebay right now 20-25 bucks a jersey. Also a new factory sealed Edmonton Oilers hat. Fanatics lost my 1st order refunded me after I bought another then sent the lost order. 

Hmmm which jerseys?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/2/2017 at 2:39 PM, THeavyweight said:

Hmmm which jerseys?

UNC, Texas, Michigan, Stanford, Georgetown, Miami, Louisville, Illinois, Tenn., St.John's, Missouri, Wisconsin(tiny hole on side panel). my user name is fresno_st_alum

SOLD:Colorado, Alabama, Florida, Maryland, Indiana, Iowa, Syracuse, UConn, Oregon, Minnesota, Duke, Arizona, Kentucky, Purdue, Kansas, Cincinnati, Washington, Gonzaga, UCLA

17 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

UConn(starter ray allen), UNC, Florida, Texas, Michigan, Syracuse, Alabama, Stanford, Iowa, Georgetown, Miami, Louisville, Oregon, Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, Tenn., St.John's, Missouri, Colorado, Wisconsin(tiny hole on side panel). my user name is fresno_st_alum

SOLD:Minnesota, Duke, Arizona, Kentucky, Purdue, Kansas, Cincinnati, Washington, Gonzaga, UCLA

Can't find any listings under your name... I'd love to get my hands on that Michigan.

sig.png

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Can't find any listings under your name... I'd love to get my hands on that Michigan.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michigan-Wolverines-NCAA-basketball-jersey-Nike-Mens-2XL-Good-Condition-/262875122876?hash=item3d34940cbc:g:OgMAAOSwx6pYthoh

The Michigan jersey, late great Robert Tractor Traylor is a 2XL but is only 29 3/4 inches long(top to bottom). FYI

Or search under ncaa basketball jerseys. Newly listed. I listed on Feb 27, 28

On 1/23/2017 at 2:57 AM, Bucfan56 said:

No they aren't 100% spot on, but they're so close that most won't notice, even on here. Minor inconsistencies like that are worth the price difference to me, and I haven't really found a better way to get just the letter kits for blank jerseys that are as accurate. 

Plus, there are a LOT of different options. Just about any NHL jersey you can think of they can do at least close enough to be passable

s-l1600-2.jpgs-l1600-3.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Where do you order them from?

On 3/3/2017 at 0:47 PM, Fresno St. Alum said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michigan-Wolverines-NCAA-basketball-jersey-Nike-Mens-2XL-Good-Condition-/262875122876?hash=item3d34940cbc:g:OgMAAOSwx6pYthoh

The Michigan jersey, late great Robert Tractor Traylor is a 2XL but is only 29 3/4 inches long(top to bottom). FYI

Or search under ncaa basketball jerseys. Newly listed. I listed on Feb 27, 28

I will gladly buy that Miami jersey when I get paid at the end of the month. Any way you can take it down and add I can pm you when I get paid?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

I will gladly buy that Miami jersey when I get paid at the end of the month. Any way you can take it down and add I can pm you when I get paid?

If it's up, you get it. You can put it on your credit card through paypal. I always do to get my 1.5% cash back. There are 5 people that are watching it. 

One final find on my CA trek: A 90s Washington Redskins jersey w/ the #61 and the name WILSON for $24.

Who is this WILSON guy, I wonder?

EDIT: It's likely a custom jersey. It was made by Starter.

UBwef0L.png

It's not a Seattle Mariners hoodie but on 1/2 off day this Mariners hooded sweatshirt came to $2 so I grabbed it.  There was a shirt with a faded screened on Sudbury Mariners logo nearby so maybe it was related to that.

P1040198_zpsyyzuoqda.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

I'm a sucker for incredibly random international soccer jerseys, so I couldn't pass this up for $10 at a flea market today:

DSCF0211.JPG

^not mine, but the same style. Actually pretty sure mine's a knockoff, but I still had to have it. Passed on an orange Nike Nigeria kit (mid-00s?) and a white Ghana because they were too big.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I found two items wc champions and I don't know what the 3 star version is it has no button up coller  like 2014 wc away dId also what  stores do you guys use?

20170304_135619.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4gh4ZhB.png http://i.imgur.com/DmN6VqA.png

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/103365-star-based-championship-signatures-by-request/

On 3/17/2017 at 6:46 AM, C-Squared said:

Most Salvation Army thrift stores do 50% off sales every Wednesday!

Not in my neck of the woods - it's more like once a month.  There are also some other sales for particular types of clothing. 

Also, once in a while there are useful coupons on their site (for some reason my Salvation Army Thrift Stores aren't with the rest of Ontario but tied in to the Ottawa area).

https://www.thriftstore.ca/ottawa/memorial

Value Village is around the same or less for the occurrences of 1/2 off sales.

Think right now, for where I am, they have the stamp cards going for 30% next purchase when filled.  They often expire before I fill them, but this time I got one filled and used it.

Smaller local thrift shops have much better prices but a lot less selection.  Less selection is likely due to them being not as well know, open limited hours and don't pick up items (and don't mass phone call people to say they are in the area to pick up for the "Diabetes Society" aka Value Village).

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Not a lot of luck this year with thrift store finds.

Only relatively recent one I can think of is this one at Value Village for $10.

bclions_jersey_zpsxazs6pto.png

Not thrift store related but did get some keychains & pins for $2 or $3 each tacked onto a jersey order I placed on the River City Sports website.  For keychains I got a San Antonio Dragons, Vancouver Grizzlies, and Houston Aeros; also got a San Francisco Spiders pin.  Got 3 blank uncrested jerseys of their brand (RCS) for $5 each (plus shipping) - Coyotes, Senators, Avalanche.  Variety of team colours left - most are in XL or XXL sizes.

Archived