2017-18 CHL Logos/Jerseys

T-ROY

Erie has been trending away from the current Otter design and has really been embracing the alternate script mark. Watch for it to become the primary with a new jersey set. They also wore the alternates a ton during the playoffs, including the game they won the Robertson Cup.

8945_erie_otters-jersey-2014.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, nash61 said:

Erie has been trending away from the current Otter design and has really been embracing the alternate script mark. Watch for it to become the primary with a new jersey set. They also wore the alternates a ton during the playoffs, including the game they won the Robertson Cup.

8945_erie_otters-jersey-2014.png

The image released with the league schedule shows the script in blue outlined in yellow (like it would be on a white jersey) I really hope they embrace the look

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 1.15.25 PM.png

Team schedule graphic:
Schedule-1024x576.jpg

First round pick commits in front of yellow jersey
Emmet.jpg

Robertson Cup Champs graphic
Champions-2-1024x576.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The one thing that bugs me about those Otters jerseys (and I love them!) is that the patch yellow is off from the jersey yellow. I chalk it up to the difference in fabrics but it's just different enough to be noticeable and distracting.

On 5/1/2017 at 5:28 PM, monkeypower said:

New Kootenay ICE (It appears the name is spelt in capitals. I have noticed it for a couple seasons now on the WHL and Ice website).

C-xi27oWAAMZfsi.jpg

I think the lightning bolt shaped piece of hair extends too much and I'm not sure about the font for a sports team, but it's a needed update for the previous dated logo.

This was created by an artist on Dribbble named Yury Orlov. The version he sold them was much better, they hacked it up!

https://dribbble.com/shots/3551877-Kootenay-ICE

kootenay_ice_logo_dribbble_preview.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

6 hours ago, Tyler Crowder said:

No team in the OHL uses the Kings template

Not anymore. Saginaw used it for their 3rd jersey a few years ago:

oleksiak-jamie-spirit-upload-c2e8f12118e

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

On 6/8/2017 at 7:07 PM, OMMF said:

The one thing that bugs me about those Otters jerseys (and I love them!) is that the patch yellow is off from the jersey yellow. I chalk it up to the difference in fabrics but it's just different enough to be noticeable and distracting.

To be honest, that doesn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that their jersey script/patch is different than their marketing logo. When Reebok proposed the concept jersey for approval to the Otters, they "cleaned up" the script logo (used loosely, as their cleaned up version still has drastic inconsistencies), so the jersey patch is different than the one used by the Otters in all of their materials.

erie-otters-script-comparison.png

Handshake line 2.jpg

Both have large inconsistencies, but it's one of those things that once I noticed I cannot unsee. I'd like to see them use a hybrid of the two and cleaned up further.

As for next season, the current home/away sets are being completely retired. The yellow/gold set is becoming the new primary home set, and the away set will likely be a white version of the yellow/gold.

I am happy they are finally retiring the rainbow scheme (current "official colors" are Light Blue, Navy, Gold, Tan, Red, White), and going with a more simplified Blue, Gold/Yellow, White.

Shaun Rajewski
Lead Developer, Founder
Epic Web Studios LLC.

26 minutes ago, CoasterLine said:

Both have large inconsistencies, but it's one of those things that once I noticed I cannot unsee. I'd like to see them use a hybrid of the two and cleaned up further.

I agree completely. It's just a sloppy script and could easily be cleaned up. 

Part of me still has a soft spot for the 90's "fire" jerseys, just because those are what I grew up with. I don't think many people in the region remember the Erie Blades, which I've heard are the reason for the blue/gold color scheme. 

I completely agree in terms of the soft spot. They scream 90's and also immediately throw me back to the 2001-02 championship and that Game 5 OT at home when we beat Barrie.

As for the colors, the yellow/gold set is roughly based off one of the sets worn by the Blades, as they featured multiple schemes in their existence (black/yellow, blue/yellow, blue/orange, black/orange). I personally like the blue and yellow/gold scheme the best out of any iteration of the Otters sets (including one-offs) they have had throughout their 21 years in Erie.

The combination of the simplicity of colors, as well as the classic style to the set are an automatic up-vote from me.

Shaun Rajewski
Lead Developer, Founder
Epic Web Studios LLC.

3 hours ago, CoasterLine said:

To be honest, that doesn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that their jersey script/patch is different than their marketing logo. When Reebok proposed the concept jersey for approval to the Otters, they "cleaned up" the script logo (used loosely, as their cleaned up version still has drastic inconsistencies), so the jersey patch is different than the one used by the Otters in all of their materials.

erie-otters-script-comparison.png

Handshake line 2.jpg

As for next season, the current home/away sets are being completely retired. The yellow/gold set is becoming the new primary home set, and the away set will likely be a white version of the yellow/gold.

I am happy they are finally retiring the rainbow scheme (current "official colors" are Light Blue, Navy, Gold, Tan, Red, White), and going with a more simplified Blue, Gold/Yellow, White.

They'll have one of the best looks in the league. Along with Kingston 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2017 at 6:54 PM, Toronto206 said:

15th Anniversary Jersey, based off the fauxbacks

IMG_3312.PNG

Looks like they're going with a full set change for next season with the throwbacks. Also looks like the have a new primary logo akin to their now old alternate logo, but seems like that's been a change for a while now. Should be fixed in the hivemind.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Archived