NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

Interesting small detail head scratcher. 

Bruins had members of the 2011 cup team wave flag at game 1 last night, they have Adidas (maybe even fanatics) jerseys with 2011 style numbers. I suppose only people like us would notice. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/26/2019 at 5:32 PM, Chromatic said:

Still needs a hemstripe, shame that would slow the players down by .00000000000002%

Yes!  Change the thin orange stripe to silver/grey and then mirror the same pattern on the hem and call it a day!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

3 hours ago, B-mer said:

Bruins had members of the 2011 cup team wave flag at game 1 last night, they have Adidas (maybe even fanatics) jerseys with 2011 style numbers. I suppose only people like us would notice. 

You think that drives you nuts? I wish I could find a picture of the monstrosity of the jersey that the Hartford Wolfpack gave Ron Francis, Kevin Dineen, and Ulf Samuelsson back in 2006 when they "retired" their jerseys. The logo was the Whalers from the 1980s, however, the colors and striping were from the 1990's set, with the colors reversed on the Whalers logo. I'll try to find a picture, but thus far, no luck.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The bruins have done some weird/interesting things this year with special guest jerseys. Some of the Patriots and Sox players had Bruins jerseys with red/white/blue numbers, Celtics with green/white. It’s an interesting nod but looked awful. 

Edit: happened to be looking through a Bruins history book tonight and saw this other example. The jersey from Bobby Orr’s retirement is not a jersey the Bruins ever wore. At least not that I’ve ever seen.  Close but not quite. 

spacer.png

That's really weird.  "Um...eh, I think we screwed this jersey up."

"That's alright, it's not like we're trotting out our greatest player in it for his retirement ceremony or anything."

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 5/28/2019 at 10:41 AM, B-mer said:

I noticed that too

Pictures of what i referenced with numbers referencing the other sports teams, and how weird they look...

spacer.png

Jaylen Brown

spacer.png

Various Patriots.  This was weirder as some have normal Bruins lettering/numbers and others don't.

spacer.png

Joe Kelly, Red Sox

1 hour ago, B-mer said:

Pictures of what i referenced with numbers referencing the other sports teams, and how weird they look...

spacer.png

Jaylen Brown

spacer.png

Various Patriots.  This was weirder as some have normal Bruins lettering/numbers and others don't.

spacer.png

Joe Kelly, Red Sox

definitely jarring, but actually kinda cool. the patriots are a bit of a mess but nevertheless, still a cool idea for cities with multiple teams. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived