ok... i think i may have fixed the mooterus...

ColeJ

alright.... here's what i came up with:

pegasusunis.jpg

and here's the explanation:

first off, i killed the red... obviously. that's my biggest pet peeve with the mooterus, is that it reminds me of the minnesota wild, with the green, red, and gold... my other beefs are the fact that the logo is shaped like a uterus, and that the city of dallas has very little to do with cattle. fort worth is cow town... not dallas. dallas may be in the heart of texas, but it's mostly concrete :) however, the unofficial mascot of the city of dallas, is the pegasus. everywhere you look, there's a pegasus... there's even a red pegasus in the skyline downtown... so... i took the pegasus from the skyline, and turned it into the pegasus constellation, instead of taurus. why would the stars assume that a bull would be a better animal than a pegasus for the logo? i suppose more people from out of town would associate a bull with dallas, instead of a pegasus... but in all fairness, who cares what the out of towners think? it's the fans of dallas who pump money into this club... so i killed the bull, and replaced him with a pegasus. the other slight changes should be obvious... so.... what do you guys think? yay or nay?

Nay, only because I think the Stars need a clean-sheet redesign of their thirds. I like what you did and applaud your attempt to save the design, but the ideas and template are too similar to Mooterus for my tastes...

QPR%20Sig.png

i believe i may hate the thirds more than anyone else on the planet :) but when you say complete redesign, i can understand why...

my main objective of this concept was to show off a dallas stars constellation logo that makes sense... when you say nay, does that mean nay to the concept, or nay to the entire idea? in other words, is there any merit to the logo, in your opinion?

Well I'll say nay, since the mooterus is AWESOME as is. :P I'm not a big fan of your logo though, only because I think to a certain extent you do have to think of the rest of the country, who doesn't know of the pegasus and its ties to the city, and thinks more of bulls in general. i also just think your logo looks kinda weak, like something out of a kids' book. The current alternate logo looks fierce and intimidating, more of a fit for a hockey team. But whatever I know you're all just gonna scoff at this post so go ahead.

oh well... i guess they can't all be home runs, eh? :)

personally, i think it's better than the mooterus, but that's obvious... oh well. i'm not "scoffing" at your post. everyone is entitled to their opinion on my concepts, as i've said many times... so i don't understand why you'd assume i'd disregard yours.

Despite all the legal issues this jersey/logo would go through, I like it.

yeah... that's a legit complaint right there... but on the other hand, the pegasus right now in the dallas skyline has nothing to do with mobil... it's like a historic landmark, that's on top of a hotel, i believe :)

i like it as artwork, the concept itself looks awesome, but then again i dont know :censored: about hockey really, so my opinion will be based off how it looks. That being said:

The logo may not be intimidating, but how intimidating can you get with a name like stars? I do like the current mooterus alternates, and i guess thats the best you can get with intimidating with a name like Stars. But as a concept, i really like it. good job

i like it as artwork, the concept itself looks awesome, but then again i dont know :censored: about hockey really, so my opinion will be based off how it looks. That being said:

The logo may not be intimidating, but how intimidating can you get with a name like stars? I do like the current mooterus alternates, and i guess thats the best you can get with intimidating with a name like Stars. But as a concept, i really like it. good job

yeah, i don't generally look for an "intimidation factor" when i design my logos.... but then again, one of my favorite teams has a red rose as the primary logo, so maybe my whole sense of style is broken :)

As a native Georgian, thats never stepped foot in Dallas; I didn't know about the pegasus tie to the city. The mooterus logo/jersey that Dallas uses now should be reserved for the Brahmas, correct me if I am wrong, that plays in Fort Worth or is it Dallas? When I first saw the logo, I thought of Grand Rapid Griffins.

the overall design of the jersey and coloring is perfect, much better than what the Stars use now. however the casual non dallas fan, won't connect pegasus with Dallas but with the Griffins of Grand Rapids. Now if the GR Griffins were the farm team of the Stars, then the jersey would be perfect.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Well Cole you well know that the Stars are my TEAM!That being said I really like these as thirds.They keep a semblance of the original Mooterus template yet lose the red and I also love the Pegasus.I always look forward when I go to Big D of right when I'm crossing Lake Ray Hubbard looking West and seeing the big shining

red pegasus at night.Always lets me know I'm almost home.I really really dig these.

98Falcons.png

Well Cole you well know that the Stars are my TEAM!That being said I really like these as thirds.They keep a semblance of the original Mooterus template yet lose the red and I also love the Pegasus.I always look forward when I go to Big D of right when I'm crossing Lake Ray Hubbard looking West and seeing the big shining

red pegasus at night.Always lets me know I'm almost home.I really really dig these.

i'm glad another stars fan likes them :)

Actually, I'm thinking more of this as the base of a total redesign of the Stars' uniforms. This would look great on them. And BTW, shouldn't that be a reebok vector on the back neck soon?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I don't like the Stars, but this jersey...I like. I didn't know of the connection between the pegasus and the city of Dallas, but I really think it works. I appreciate logos and nicknames with special ties to cities, even if they're not obvious to outsiders.

And I don't think the "intimidation" factor comes into play here. Some of the best hockey logos - including my beloved Bluenote - are not intimidating at all. They just rock. The pegasus does as well.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Conceptually, I like them a lot more than the current thirds. I like the elimination of the red, and I like the idea of that logo moreso than the bull, especially since it ties in with the local.

I'm just not really digging the logo from an execution standpoint. It's seems kinda clip-arty and isn't really dynamic IMO. I think if some tweaks were made, it would be awesome, though.

I think that the jerseys look good without the red on them. Why bring another color to their current color scheme? I'm not too sure about the pegasus, but I live far from Dallas, so if it means something to the city, then I have no problem about that.

It might be a good starting point to a complete over-haul of their jerseys.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I really like the execution of the jersey, but think that the Pegasus is too obscure for the rest of the country to understand.

But then again, Nashville made the Sabertooth Tiger work by educating the rest of us so why not?

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived