XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

43 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's probably still cheaper to use U of H. And a 3/4 empty stadium will look worse on TV. 

In one of these XFL threads I linked to the report which the athletic department presented to the Board of Regents with their stadium rental pricing to be approved.  It was only $37.5K per day plus expenses.

The U of H football Twitter also has shots of the project, and it looks like midfield and the ten yard space where the AAC logo and the donor's name on the field has been taken up.

45 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

None of these teams are independently owned correct? I imagine when they have ownerships a lot of these designs will change.

I think most leagues are in charge of branding now, with the ownership of each team giving some input here and there. You could see a ffew changes if they went to franchis ownership, but I'm not sure that would happen until this league was 10-15 years in. 

19 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

In one of these XFL threads I linked to the report which the athletic department presented to the Board of Regents with their stadium rental pricing to be approved.  It was only $37.5K per day plus expenses.

The U of H football Twitter also has shots of the project, and it looks like midfield and the ten yard space where the AAC logo and the donor's name on the field has been taken up.

New turf is what? $400,000 plus labor for install and $37,500x5 days. So around $880,000 for turf install and field reservations. That's probably still under what NRG would charge by a good bit.

https://fieldturf.com/en/why-fieldturf/cost-analysis/

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

True, but the New York Guardians are playing at Met Life Stadium, which seats 80,000

The only other true options that are within metropolitan New York are Yankee Stadium and Citi Field and Red Bull Arena. Yankee Stadium is good for football but you're also dealing with NYCFC games as well as Yankees games. The Mets don't really like anyone else on their field. And the Red Bulls don't like sharing with NYCFC unless MLS ordered them too, let alone American football. 

* - Yes, I know NYCFC would avoid playing at RBA unless it was required to stop the apocalypse. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 hours ago, DG_Now said:

If I were ten years old, I would think the XFL logos were awesome. 

Some of the XFL logos are awesome (LA; and, most of all, St. Louis); and some are not (Tampa Bay, even though their colours are good; Dallas).

17 hours ago, DG_Now said:

In point of fact, when I was ten years old, I thought the World League helmets were awesome.

A couple of them were.

Image result for wlaf ny knights logo            Image result for wlaf london monarchs helmet

• Like 8

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think most leagues are in charge of branding now, with the ownership of each team giving some input here and there. You could see a ffew changes if they went to franchis ownership, but I'm not sure that would happen until this league was 10-15 years in. 

New turf is what? $400,000 plus labor for install and $37,500x5 days. So around $880,000 for turf install and field reservations. That's probably still under what NRG would charge by a good bit.

https://fieldturf.com/en/why-fieldturf/cost-analysis/

NRG Stadium and the rest of the NRG Park complex has 2 primary tenants: the Texans and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. The Rodeo takes over the entire NRG Park complex from Freb. 27 through March 22 this year. Even if cost wasn't an issue, the Rodeo has dibs on NRG stadium every March from now until the stadium ceases to exist. It simply was not an available option

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cajunaggie08 said:

NRG Stadium and the rest of the NRG Park complex has 2 primary tenants: the Texans and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. The Rodeo takes over the entire NRG Park complex from Freb. 27 through March 22 this year. Even if cost wasn't an issue, the Rodeo has dibs on NRG stadium every March from now until the stadium ceases to exist. It simply was not an available option

I always forget about that, because the San Antonio Rodeo runs the first half of February, then Houston kicks off the week after it finishes here. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, McCall said:

Looks like (University of) Houston's wordmark. But since they're both red, it works for both.

Image result for Houston University wordmark

Or are they REMOVING that turf?

That endzone is the current/old one for the stadium. Since it just says Houston they COULD leave it and just replace the midfield logos.

35 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

That endzone is the current/old one for the stadium. Since it just says Houston they COULD leave it and just replace the midfield logos.

The other end zone says Cougars. they also have the cougars logos so that would require pulling them up as well. 

Image result for university of houston football stadium

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The other end zone says Cougars. they also have the cougars logos so that would require pulling them up as well. 

Image result for university of houston football stadium

I know nothing about modern turf technology, but doesn't it seem more than reasonable to make turf in which design elements can be interchangeable? Like, replaceable endzone designs, etc. I might be asking too much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

I know nothing about modern turf technology, but doesn't it seem more than reasonable to make turf in which design elements can be interchangeable? Like, replaceable endzone designs, etc. I might be asking too much. 

MetLife does this for Jets and Giants. Most field turf builds don't take that into consideration. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

A retractable roof or multi-use NFL stadium typically has a turf laid down in segments and taped which can easily picked up.  College venues are laid down and sewn together since they don't need to change any.

• Like 1

I’m a UH Grad/HS Football coach who knows a little about turf. 

I get the strong impression that TDECU Stadium will get a new blank turf that will be painted for the Rougnecks during XFL season and for the Coogs during college season. This is what they do with the turf in the Super Dome I believe. 

“Washable” turf paint was not a common thing until fairy recently. Most turfs come with colored permanent fibers. This is what UH had previously. 

• Like 1