XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think stadium availability is why they would move back to LA. If Dignity Health or BMO are available, why not set up shop there? Snapdragon is probably a harder schedule fir than either MLS stadium in LA. They'd be playing Saturday or Sunday afternoon, so unless there is a playoff game at the same time I don't think you're fighting for the same crowds in stadium, but you are on TV screens. 

I don't think we'll see cheerleaders for any of the teams, they tend to be PR nightmares now due to idiots like the former NFL owner in DC who tried using them as a dating service. Since some teams were mentioning cameras and I've seen a lot of traffic about former NFL players getting picked up by XFL teams, maybe we'll see player presentations and the schedule release. Arlington picked up quite  a few former NFL players last week. 

https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/arlington-renegades-make-ten-roster-additions/

And then management will be totally confused as to why there are only 5,000 people in attendance. 

13 hours ago, GDAWG said:

And then management will be totally confused as to why there are only 5,000 people in attendance. 

But if your option for San Diego is Toreros Stadium, will there be more butts in seats? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

But if your option for San Diego is Toreros Stadium, will there be more butts in seats? 

Why can't they use Snapdragon Stadium? Dignity Health and BMO Stadium are both also MLS, as well. What's the difference? If anything, San Diego doesn't start in MLS until 2025.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McCall said:

Why can't they use Snapdragon Stadium? Dignity Health and BMO Stadium are both also MLS, as well. What's the difference? If anything, San Diego doesn't start in MLS until 2025.

Wave City, San Diego's MLR team, and San Diego Loyal all use the stadium. That's a lot of wear and tear early in the year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 1 month later...

So, thoughts on how they proceed?  16 teams?  2 divisions of 8, 4 divisions of 4, or something else?  2 teams in Houston, or does one die again?  I'd imagine it'd be the end for the Roughnecks, even though they have an edge on color scheme over another Black/Red team in a combined league.

This will be a great opportunity to do some fun things. 

First thoughts if they drop the Roughnecks is to give the DC Defenders that color scheme, which is what they should have always had.  That would eliminate 1 Red-heavy scheme, which is dominant in the USFL.

Then replace the Roughnecks with the San Francisco Demons or Chicago Enforcers.  

Maybe find a way to bring back the Tampa Bay Bandits.

Maybe rebrand Las Vegas back to the Outlaws (XFL 2001). 

Better yet...definitely get a team back in Oakland.  They were the Invaders (USFL '83-'85) but the Outlaws brand would be an excellent replacement brand for the Raiders.  The Oakland Outlaws...has a damn good ring to it.

USFL-2023-Logos.png

XFL-1170x658.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

So, thoughts on how they proceed?  16 teams?  2 divisions of 8, 4 divisions of 4, or something else?  2 teams in Houston, or does one die again?  I'd imagine it'd be the end for the Roughnecks, even though they have an edge on color scheme over another Black/Red team in a combined league.

First thoughts if they drop the Roughnecks is to give the DC Defenders that color scheme, which is what they should have always had.  That would eliminate 1 Red-heavy scheme, which is dominant in the USFL.

Better yet...definitely get a team back in Oakland.  They were the Invaders (USFL '83-'85) but the Outlaws brand would be an excellent replacement brand for the Raiders.  The Oakland Outlaws...has a damn good ring to it.

USFL-2023-Logos.png

XFL-1170x658.png

I think the USFL has trademarks to "Washington Federals."  The merged league could bring the Federals back by rebranding the Defenders, using the same color scheme as the 1983 team, but modernizing it.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I think the USFL has trademarks to "Washington Federals."  The merged league could bring the Federals back by rebranding the Defenders, using the same color scheme as the 1983 team, but modernizing it. 

It could, but it surely will not dump the name of one the XFL's best-supported teams.  I love the Federals' logo; but the Defenders' identity is here to stay. 

• Like 4

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

I like “Washington Federals” over “DC Defenders” but can’t get down with that Green/Black scheme in our nation’s capitol.   I have a thing for DC-area teams that are Red, White and Blue, that’s all.

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, HOOVER said:

USFL-2023-Logos.png

XFL-1170x658.png

I've been waiting on this to happen since before the start of the 2023 seasons for each. That being said, I'm glad to see both leagues do the sensible thing and join forces before suffocating each other. 

I wouldn't be suprised if they dropped to 12 teams for now, but I think 16 is doable if they're strategic in placing/moving teams to minimize unnecessary travel.

No perfect way to divy it up, but I do think there's a way to do it with minimal disruption.

Would love to see 4 divisions of 4 teams: 

"UXFL" Northeastern Conference

East

- NJ (USFL)

- Philadelphia  (USFL)

- DC (XFL)

- Orlando (XFL)

North

- Michigan (USFL)

- Ohio (from USFL Houston) 

- Pittsburgh (USFL)

- St Louis (XFL)

"UXFL" Southwestern Conference

South: 

- Birmingham (USFL)

- Memphis (USFL)

- New Orleans (USFL)

- Houston (XFL) (can swap for San Antonio)

West: 

- Seattle (XFL)

- Arizona/Denver/San Diego/San Jose (from Vegas) (XFL)

- Arlington (XFL)

- San Antonio (XFL) (can swap for Houston) 

From here, I think you can do a relatively straightforward 14 - game schedule starting in February shortly after the Superbowl: 

- home and home with all 3 other division-mates (6 games) 

- play opposite conference division once (North plays East, South plays west) (4 games) 

- play half of each opposite conference division each year (alternate the other division teams every other season) 

- all teams get 2 bye weeks starting in week 6 of each season (roughly around the time march madness starts) and cycling through all teams twice so that each team has had at least 2 bye weeks by week 14 so that everyone has to play the last two weeks each season in week 15 and 16. 

From here, you can do a  clean 8 team playoff using 1 of 3 formats: 

- Top two in each division, opening round of playoffs is between divisional opponents for a "division title" to play in for conference finals, then league championship

- Top 4 in each conference (standard 1-4  bracket for each conference, winners play for league title ) 

- Open Playoff bracket, Top 8 make it regardless of division. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Have to imagine in a merger, DC stays as the Defenders. The real question would be Orlando (if they stay) or Houston. I would think the Gamblers name would get the nod over the Roughnecks. Much better name, look, logo, colors, etc.

It would also negate the legalities the Roughnecks have faced with the NFL

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Have to imagine in a merger, DC stays as the Defenders. The real question would be Orlando (if they stay) or Houston. I would think the Gamblers name would get the nod over the Roughnecks. Much better name, look, logo, colors, etc.

I also think having 2 of the 3 Texas teams keep their XFL identities to 1 USFL team would be a fair compromise.

9 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

It would also negate the legalities the Roughnecks have faced with the NFL

The legalities were resolved last year with the updated logo and the removal of the face.  There's no way they changed the logo without getting the nod from the NFL on the updated logo.