XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

It's not inspiring,  so I expect them to change it up some next season. Just making the football solid would help.  Another of trophy companies might do a discount price if they let them "sponsor" the trophy and the post game  presentation 

• Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, walkerws said:

It's not inspiring,  so I expect them to change it up some next season. Just making the football solid would help.  Another of trophy companies might do a discount price if they let them "sponsor" the trophy and the post game  presentation 

It and the division championship trophies remind me of the AFC and NFC trophies, and that's probably what the end goal was. They contracted a welder to design it and that's why it is the way it is. The 2020 trophy was still a better look, but it probably looked too closely like the Military Bowl trophy, so that didn't help. 

https://www.xfl.com/xfl-latest-news/xfl-unveils-championship-trophy

"The XFL today unveiled its Championship Trophy, which will be presented to the winner of the 2023 XFL Championship, which takes place at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT on Saturday, May 13 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas, and will air nationally on ABC.

The XFL Championship Trophy features a football above a gold-treated “X” that symbolizes the XFL’s foundation as the intersection of dreams and opportunity. Gold is a traditional signifier of greatness and champions. The panels of the football are left open, representing the aperture of what football and the XFL can make possible for its players, coaches, fans, and cities. The trophy is a masterpiece of stainless steel and aluminum that stands 24 inches tall and weighs 27 pounds.

“We built the XFL to be the ‘League of Tomorrow’ – a League that is open, unrestricted by tradition, and advances the future of the sport,” said Dany Garcia, XFL Chairwoman and Owner. “We have paved a path for players to realize the dreams that football makes possible. The “X” represents that intersection of dreams and opportunity, and our championship trophy is a physical emblem of that philosophy.” 

The trophy’s design was inspired by the XFL’s core values and stated mission to provide opportunity and reward hard work and dedication. The League commissioned Stephanie Hoffman, a trailblazing welder, artist, and owner of the nationally renowned Underground Metalworks, to craft both the XFL Championship and Divisional Championship trophies in her Forked River, New Jersey workshop.

“We were honored that Underground Metalworks was selected to create the XFL’s championship trophy,” said Hoffman. “Ownership’s vision for the League helped to shape our design and the creative process. I hope we have captured their passion to bring this historic piece to life.”

Also, a lot more tickets were released last night, so it looks like there will be plenty of good seats still available for the game. I'll be sitting at the 30 yard line on the home team side of the field. If they realign the league to East vs West next year, I might try flying out to catch a Vegas Vipers game on the weekend if it's a Saturday game. IT's pretty cheap to hop a flight as long as you plan ahead, and hotels are pretty cheap too.  I'm glad to see the TD Club is still set up for the championship as well, instead of just pulling out more seats. It looks like there will be around 13,000-15,000 for the game. I'd be highly surprised if St. Louis isn't the host next season. 

r/xfl - A bunch of XFL Championship tickets that were apparently held back have now been released, painting a championship game attendance picture that's...not good

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 hours ago, Cujo said:

It looks cheap and uninspiring. Dwayne: "Just make sure there's an X on it and that it costs under fifty bucks." Also looks like it's the same size at their dollar store conference trophies.

At least the original trophy, while a bit gawdy, was incredibly unique and a good-sized.

Fu6_Mc7WwAAsPWU.jpg

This is nothing but an obnoxiously large belt buckle. Carrying this thing around makes you look like someone who lost a bet rather than won a championship. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Cujo said:

It looks cheap and uninspiring.

Counterpoint- the college football national champs used to get a crystal football that looked like it belonged in grandma's fine china cabinet. And they "upgraded" from that to a glorified beer tap. The XFL trophy is fine. 

• Like 14

43 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Counterpoint- the college football national champs used to get a crystal football that looked like it belonged in grandma's fine china cabinet. And they "upgraded" from that to a glorified beer tap. The XFL trophy is fine. 

The AFC Championship Trophy is the Lamar Hunt trophy.  #BringHomeTheLamarHuntTrophy : r/KansasCityChiefs

Compared to this, I appreciate what the XFL is trying to do with their trophies, and that's why I like the league trophy design better than this. And guess what? It has all of the same attributes as the XFL trophies. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The XFL Championship Trophy features a football above a gold-treated “X” that symbolizes the XFL’s foundation as the intersection of dreams and opportunity.

Except the "X" doesn't, you know, intersect.

• LOL 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

3 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

Except the "X" doesn't, you know, intersect.

It all depends on your definition:

intersectin American English

(ˌɪntərˈsekt)
TRANSITIVE VERB
to cut or divide by passing through or across
The highway intersects the town
INTRANSITIVE VERB
to cross, as lines or wires
3. Geometry
to have one or more points in common
intersecting lines
  • Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It all depends on your definition:

intersectin American English

(ˌɪntərˈsekt)
TRANSITIVE VERB
to cut or divide by passing through or across
The highway intersects the town
INTRANSITIVE VERB
to cross, as lines or wires
3. Geometry
to have one or more points in common
intersecting lines

So the XFL's foundation is the cutting or dividing of dreams and opportunity?

RhmOMvO.gif

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

On 4/19/2023 at 3:46 PM, MJWalker45 said:

DC 23 Replica Game Jersey

I had to go look it up to be sure. Not sure why my brain overlooked that. 

Their jerseys for sale are absolutely horrible.  And even at that, they managed to get right the one thing I hate about their '23 look: the centerline striped on the numerals.  They almost look like reflectors you put on clothing for running in the evening/night.  Their original look was so sharp....what a downgrade.

3 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Well, the XFL Championship end zones are generic lifeless trash

YIKESSSSS

Dwayne and ex-wife hired budget painters to save $$  before they file for Chapter 11 on Monday.

• Dislike 2

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Well, the XFL Championship end zones are generic lifeless trash

Have you watched any of the games? This is possibly the nicest endzones all season. DC uses a plain blank endzone at Audi Field and Arlington's field is green endzones with the wordmark, nothing more. Same template here and used elsewhere.

Arlington-Renegades-XFL-2023-900x506.jpg

evc__20230327_no_event_name_e1480d90_c8d

alamodome.jpg

FrRJp1iXgAApW5F?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Fp2kOO0aIAArozm?format=jpg&name=large

2-59-900x507.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raz said:

Cujo my friend! Your Johnson hatred is showing again! 🤣

I actually really like The Rock. I just think the league was better run better under Vince (1.0 and especially 2.0)

• Yawn 1

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

I actually really like The Rock. I just think the league was better run better under Vince (1.0 and especially 2.0)

Well 3.0 is likely to get a second season, and if it does, it beats out what Vince did. 

• Like 5