XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

XFL Team Jerseys On Sale Tomorrow

The actual Under Armour jerseys aren't expected until at least summer, but they are releasing these tomorrow at 10:00 AM EST. I'm expecting they'll probably be around the same price as the USFL jerseys. The #54 jerseys will have Johnson on the back. I'm not sure if the #23 jerseys will have any names or team nicknames on the back of them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

XFL Team Jerseys On Sale Tomorrow

The actual Under Armour jerseys aren't expected until at least summer, but they are releasing these tomorrow at 10:00 AM EST. I'm expecting they'll probably be around the same price as the USFL jerseys. The #54 jerseys will have Johnson on the back. I'm not sure if the #23 jerseys will have any names or team nicknames on the back of them. 

The jerseys are $190 each and they aren't even Under Armour. I think they'll have a lot of stock on hand with prices like that. It looks like the numbers are stitched on rather than screened. At a minimum the names are since you can see the embroidery on the back of them. If these are available at the Brahmas game tomorrow I'll try to verify the quality of these vs my AAF jersey. 

San Antonio 54 Replica Game Jersey

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The Rock really wants people to know he's behind this whole thing. Like REALLY wants people to know.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 1

4 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

As someone who loves hip hop and and old school blues/soul/jazz/funk it is satisfying to find out the samples 😎

Total aside, but since you're in/from New York, you'll get a kick out of this—I won't name the song that sampled this; you should immediately recognize it, probably not even a minute into this video like ol' boy did...

Or you can just listen at the shade Donald Fagen slid in during his and Walter Becker's review of their Aja album—which also put the artists who "stole" the sample from them on full blast.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

Total aside, but since you're in/from New York, you'll get a kick out of this—I won't name the song that sampled this; you should immediately recognize it, probably not even a minute into this video like ol' boy did...

Or you can just listen at the shade Donald Fagen slid in during his and Walter Becker's review of their Aja album—which also put the artists who "stole" the sample from them on full blast.

Yep I recognized it immediately thanks for this 😎

In fact there is a website that tracks samples, Who Sampled, and it was sampled 13 times according to them https://www.whosampled.com/Steely-Dan/Black-Cow/sampled/

• Like 1

For all of the original XFL's mistakes, at least they realized their replica jerseys should sell for $45-50 because that was the NFL's going rate at the time.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

14 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Dwayne Johnson inserting himself into a project is definitely something he’s never done before. None of us could’ve ever guessed that.

spacer.png

Perfect picture to describe the new XFL jerseys.  I've said from thr beginning it felt like Dani and Dwayne were on a journey of narcissism and having HIS name on the jerseys like that is self-absorption at its worst.  Gag.  

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 10:08 PM, WBeltz said:

The Rock really wants people to know he's behind this whole thing. Like REALLY wants people to know.

He's one of the most famous and marketable people in the world. Leaning into his image isn't the worst idea. 

18 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

For all of the original XFL's mistakes, at least they realized their replica jerseys should sell for $45-50 because that was the NFL's going rate at the time.

I had a San Fransisco Demons jersey from that first XFL run. Sucks that I lost it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, IceCap said:

He's one of the most famous and marketable people in the world. Leaning into his image isn't the worst idea. 

I had a San Fransisco Demons jersey from that first XFL run. Sucks that I lost it. 

Main reason I didn't get a Retro Vegas jerseys was the numbers being incorrect. It's pretty irritating.

https://xflnewshub.com/columns/xfl-expansion-2025-exploring-potential-new-horizons-with-san-diego-san-jose-nashville-and-more/

Apparently the Vipers are already trying to get ticket sales for next year according to this report. Looking at the possibility of the league expanding, which I don't think will happen unless it's a merger, I'm disappointed with their breakdown of Mexico City. Mexico has a long history of college football and games from NFL teams. The biggest issue is elevation and stadium access, because Azteca is too big and wouldn't be available in 2025 ahead of the World Cup. There are plenty of other stadiums, but would they be allowed to use them? Pointing out San Jose, why not use Spartan Stadium? I do agree with Toronto because the Argos and TFC will put enough wear and tear on BMO. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 hours ago, LogoFan said:

Perfect picture to describe the new XFL jerseys.  I've said from thr beginning it felt like Dani and Dwayne were on a journey of narcissism and having HIS name on the jerseys like that is self-absorption at its worst.  Gag.  

Nailed it.

5 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Nailed it.

I would say this late in the game they could have used the best players this year. The AAF picked players they thought would be the best players on the team and that didn't work out because those names were randomly picked after the draft. I would hope for next year they give fans the option to pick a name and keep prices down by using the replica templates and ditch embroidered numbers. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I remember in the AFL days under the NBC contract, most team jerseys were just the year and the team name for the player name. Were nice simple uniforms. I think with this, they could've kept the 54 number as a quiet nod to him, but put the team name on the nameplate. At least then you're advertising the league.

Most people that see D. Johnson 54 would probably think it's just some fashion jersey and not a real team jersey. Especially if any are worn outside the team market.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 9:08 AM, WBeltz said:

Is that surprising though?  Zoa and Termana are official XFL sponsors and so is Under Armour....all of whom have the Rock involved in a major way.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Is that surprising though?  Zoa and Termana are official XFL sponsors and so is Under Armour....all of whom have the Rock involved in a major way.  

Agreed, it makes total sense and if I was him I'd do the same thing. After all he is, hands down, THE BIGGEST name involved in this and just his name alone can potentially help draw extra eyes to the product. 

I simply don't understand the disdain and almost outrage I see from fans regarding his involvement in this fashion.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Skycast said:

I simply don't understand the disdain and almost outrage I see from fans regarding his involvement in this fashion.

I'd say part of it is the fact the jerseys came out so late in the game.  If they had been available day one, I don't think we'd be having this discussion, because he led of the year wearing the Renegades jersey to restart the league. I had hoped he'd have done that for all the games, but that's not that big a deal as making sure you're at all of the games. 

On 4/17/2023 at 2:27 PM, Sykotyk said:

I remember in the AFL days under the NBC contract, most team jerseys were just the year and the team name for the player name. Were nice simple uniforms. I think with this, they could've kept the 54 number as a quiet nod to him, but put the team name on the nameplate. At least then you're advertising the league.

I remember the guys that got their own names on the jerseys were the owners, like Elway and Jaworski. So the Rock putting his name on the jerseys when not playing a down in this league isn't a new thing. 

John Elway 7 Colorado Crush Navy Blue Football Jersey — BORIZVTG!!! NWT!!! SIGNED AFL PHILADELPHIA SOUL RON JAWORSKI #7 JERSEY BLUE SIZE  LG | eBay

This doesn't count

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png