XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

12 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Though if they want to stick with the R/D/whatever letter logo, I think they could fix the helmet to better fit the overall look of their XFL 3.0 uniforms. Just make the logo black and add the thin red stripe to both the helmet stripe and the logo.

spacer.png

This is really smart. Well done. It also hits home two points for me:

1. That '80s-era helmet template is so damned nice. 

2. It's incredibly frustrating to see such glaring evidence that this team was intended to be the "Dallas" Renegades from the jump. You can so clearly see a D and R in that logo, which makes it a really clever mark  .... if it wasn't being used for a team named the "Arlington" Renegades.  

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

The DC - Seattle matchup is the best-looking game of the year.

XFL Game Summary: DC Defenders at Seattle Sea Dragons, Sunday April 9, 2023  - XFL News @ XFLBoard.com

How beautiful to have no monochrome, and to have each team wearing something white.  Not only that, but both teams are wearing socks that contrast with the pants.  It's like someone suddenly remembered what football uniforms look like.  What a pleasure to see this.

And that Abram Smith fellow sure is fun to watch. Like Joe Morris with the Giants when I was in college.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 3/27/2023 at 10:38 AM, MJWalker45 said:

XFL - Official home of the XFL

The Brahmas vs Renegades looked pretty good, even if the QB play was lacking.

Reminds me a lot of this HS game I saw in New Mexico:

51631113772_08ef355236_b.jpg

51631109192_1932194a69_b.jpg

51632785375_da2cb45f84_b.jpg

51631109622_51ee2b46c4_b.jpg

*-kudos if you can point out all the inconsistencies.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1

^I wanna say "please tell me that wasn't varsity," but that was varsity, wasn't it?  Only because I know this is occasionally on display at state up here.  Normally though, the kids in the mismatching jerseys are 5th-6th stringers who aren't sniffing the field past warmups.  

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

41 minutes ago, Discrim said:

^I wanna say "please tell me that wasn't varsity," but that was varsity, wasn't it?  Only because I know this is occasionally on display at state up here.  Normally though, the kids in the mismatching jerseys are 5th-6th stringers who aren't sniffing the field past warmups.  

Unfortunately it was varsity 8-man. Two small very rural Indian schools. Just making do with what they had. 

Pine Hill finished 0-8 while Dulce finished 3-6. Dulce is a public school but mostly Navajo. Their only 3 wins were over Navajo Pine, Alamo Navajo and Pine Hill. 5 their  6 losses were all mercy rule shutout losses at the half.  This game was 50-0 but ended in the 3rd.

51631114982_5bafae8050_b.jpg

51631937491_5af70a8f0a_b.jpg

Was Senior Day/Homecoming

51632779670_e2f04240c7_b.jpg

51632152563_44f666ffbf_b.jpg

Those were the seniors on the team AND the homecoming court. 

• Like 4

On 4/10/2023 at 9:43 PM, Sykotyk said:

Reminds me a lot of this HS game I saw in New Mexico:

51631113772_08ef355236_b.jpg

51631109192_1932194a69_b.jpg

51632785375_da2cb45f84_b.jpg

51631109622_51ee2b46c4_b.jpg

*-kudos if you can point out all the inconsistencies.

the Warriors QB is channeling his inner Jared Lorenzen (RIP).

5 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

I still don't get why they didn't do their design front the front. The horns coming from the back is dumb.

bulls have curved horns which curve towards the front. That's what the intent is. It also applies to the team's hashtag which is #hornsforward. 

3,900+ Rodeo Bull Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock | Rodeo  bull riding, Mechanical rodeo bull, Rodeo bull rider

14,703 Angry Bull Stock Photos - Free & Royalty-Free Stock Photos from  Dreamstime

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

To be fair, the XFL 3.0 uniform bar is veryyyy low 

I like DC's uniform components, but I'm never a fan of wearing a dark color pant when your helmet is White or light in color.  This looks too much like Wisconsin for me.

The Seattle uniform just looks like an indoor semi-pro uniform, but helped by the fact that it's made by Under Armour.

31 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

At least they're trying something different instead of using the same basic designs on two "new" teams with similar colors. 

Hey, Pittsburgh and Memphis are completely different. Like "Under Pressure" and "Ice Ice Baby" different. Nothing alike.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Yawn 1