XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

I don't know how anybody looks at that logo and doesn't see the clear intent to combine both a D and R. Knowing the XFL 2020 team was called the Dallas Renegades makes it even easier to draw a conclusion about the sequence of events here. 

But regardless of how it happened, the fact that the debate between whether it's just and R or a D/R exists is evidence enough that this is muddled branding.

I'll agree with @Ferdinand Cesarano on one point: It is a very nice logo — but for a team named Dallas Renegades. It's otherwise not a strong enough "R" on its own. 

I think the weakness of the logo is that the 'stalk' of the R is shorter than the leg sticking down to the right.

It almost feels like it's missing this:

pngtree-rx-signage-trendy-sign-clip-png-

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
50 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Seattle doing the same:

ts27de1ycddb1.jpg

It's either new merchandise or.....mascots.

I'm hoping it's Under Armour clothing and jerseys, but it'll probably be the mascots. They're occassionally putting current clothing on sale but they aren't enough to make me bite on the current jerseys. 

XKCCIwu.png

UPDATE: Looks like it's possibly related tothe release of single game tickets. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm hoping it's Under Armour clothing and jerseys, but it'll probably be the mascots. They're occassionally putting current clothing on sale but they aren't enough to make me bite on the current jerseys. 

XKCCIwu.png

Mascots and cheerleaders is something I don't think the XFL will ever have.  Don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing.

Mascots and cheerleaders would both be a waste of money for a league looking at cutting costs.

Recently, the league bought the rights for the Los Angeles Wildcats which could also be nothing. I’d lean towards merchandise or tickets.

• Like 2

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

1 hour ago, BengalErnst said:

Mascots and cheerleaders would both be a waste of money for a league looking at cutting costs.

Recently, the league bought the rights for the Los Angeles Wildcats which could also be nothing. I’d lean towards merchandise or tickets.

I figured getting the Wildcats rights was just about keeping all of their previous property. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/15/2023 at 4:25 PM, HOOVER said:

Absolutely quick & dirty Photoshop of what easily would've made more sense:  

AKWXI8S.jpg

The position of the stripes on the new jerseys reminds me of straps on bib-overalls.  Particularly the light blue that looks like a light denim  color.

The old unis were far, far superior in so many ways.

On 7/21/2023 at 11:48 PM, GDAWG said:

Mascots and cheerleaders is something I don't think the XFL will ever have.  Don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing.

Which is very ironic given that the original 1.0 vision was to create wrestling-world like drama with relationships between the players and cheerleaders.

McMahon failed to understand at first that these guys are professional athletes, not actors.  Careers above entertainment drama.

On 5/20/2023 at 5:59 PM, BadSeed84 said:

If they just gave the X a shiny coat of reflective gold it would look much better.

That looks SO cheap.  Agree the gold should be metallic.  Even gold chrome plating would help, but this looks like something slapped together in an hour on one of those Design Star shows.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 6:08 PM, MJWalker45 said:

XKCCIwu.png

Agreed.  We know the situation in Houston is stadium availability.  LV not selling tickets yet indicates to me they may wind up being moved back to LA as the Wildcats.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 1:19 PM, Sykotyk said:

I think the weakness of the logo is that the 'stalk' of the R is shorter than the leg sticking down to the right.

It almost feels like it's missing this:

pngtree-rx-signage-trendy-sign-clip-png-

There are many things wrong with the logo.  I feel like a college thesis could be written on it.

But if I were to say the absolute weakest quality of it is the light color.  It's one thing of a black background, but most style guides just present it on white.  There's no background.  And then you've got the exact same color combination (just reversed) on the helmet!  It really weakens the aesthetics.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 7/28/2023 at 2:30 PM, LogoFan said:

Agreed.  We know the situation in Houston is stadium availability.  LV not selling tickets yet indicates to me they may wind up being moved back to LA as the Wildcats.

San Diego would be better because it would be a similar situation to St. Louis with a largely Anti-Spanos crowd.  The Wildcats going back to LA would be up against the Lakers, Clippers, Sparks, Kings and Ducks, LAFC, LA Galaxy, Angel City Angels and Dodgers all going on during the XFL season.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, GDAWG said:

San Diego would be better because it would be a similar situation to St. Louis with a largely Anti-Spanos crowd.  The Wildcats going back to LA would be up against the Lakers, Clippers, Sparks, Kings and Ducks, LAFC, LA Galaxy, Angel City Angels and Dodgers all going on during the XFL season.  

I think stadium availability is why they would move back to LA. If Dignity Health or BMO are available, why not set up shop there? Snapdragon is probably a harder schedule fir than either MLS stadium in LA. They'd be playing Saturday or Sunday afternoon, so unless there is a playoff game at the same time I don't think you're fighting for the same crowds in stadium, but you are on TV screens. 

On 7/23/2023 at 6:57 PM, BengalErnst said:

I don't think we'll see cheerleaders for any of the teams, they tend to be PR nightmares now due to idiots like the former NFL owner in DC who tried using them as a dating service. Since some teams were mentioning cameras and I've seen a lot of traffic about former NFL players getting picked up by XFL teams, maybe we'll see player presentations and the schedule release. Arlington picked up quite  a few former NFL players last week. 

https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/arlington-renegades-make-ten-roster-additions/

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png