XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

9 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Why does xfl’s merchandise blow so hard? I would purchase a Vipers hat but they look like something you’d buy at a gas station.

I'd assume it's because they couldn't get deal with a big apparel company. Seems like this would have been perfect for Under Armour or Adidas since they had an AAF deal. 

I'm actually shocked that the uniforms nice though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I'd assume it's because they couldn't get deal with a big apparel company. Seems like this would have been perfect for Under Armour or Adidas since they had an AAF deal. 

I'm actually shocked that the uniforms nice though. 

Neither UA not Adidas had an "AAF deal".  AAF has their on-field and sideline apparel deal with Starter.  Having the AAF shut down after eight weeks cost Starter some $$$, probably enough not to dive back in with an XFL bid. 

More importantly, Under Armour's earnings have been disappointing since 2016, to the point that founder Kevin Plank stepped down as CEO last year.  They are cutting spending and are under investigation for accounting fraud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

Neither UA not Adidas had an "AAF deal".  AAF has their on-field and sideline apparel deal with Starter.  Having the AAF shut down after eight weeks cost Starter some $$$, probably enough not to dive back in with an XFL bid. 

More importantly, Under Armour's earnings have been disappointing since 2016, to the point that founder Kevin Plank stepped down as CEO last year.  They are cutting spending and are under investigation for accounting fraud.

Shoot my bad. Completely forgot it was Starter. 

• Like 1

The Vipers' helmet may be one of the most garish helmets in all of football. And that's something when you consider the trash on display in college football.

Almost nothing seems to work with the Vipers' identity. The only things I like are the alternate snake head logo (should be the primary) and the overall colour balance on the road set. And even that's let down by the helmet and the dumb striping. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Every other XFL helmet

I would absolutely put NY, Seattle, Dallas, Houston, and DC above the Tampa helmet.   Not a fan of the LA helmet and the St. Louis one is way too busy (logos are too large). But Tampa needed to separate the 2 greens a bit more (contrast).  It is unique, but not really a good kind of unique. 

If I were ten years old, I would think the XFL logos were awesome. In point of fact, when I was ten years old, I thought the World League helmets were awesome.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

If I were ten years old, I would think the XFL logos were awesome. In point of fact, when I was ten years old, I thought the World League helmets were awesome.

The XFL went too cute with the logos and colors.  Simple is always best. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ShlyKBMT said:

New turf going in at UH. Roughnecks might get their own look after all.

Now that's interesting. That's got to be expensive too. I know that when my local high school installed turf several years ago, it was over the million dollar mark. I'd have to guess new turf here would also run in the 7 figures, so I wonder who's actually paying for this. If it's the XFL, it seems like a luxury they can't afford if they want to keep this league afloat.

2 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Now that's interesting. That's got to be expensive too. I know that when my local high school installed turf several years ago, it was over the million dollar mark. I'd have to guess new turf here would also run in the 7 figures, so I wonder who's actually paying for this. If it's the XFL, it seems like a luxury they can't afford if they want to keep this league afloat.

This would not be a problem for Houston if they were to have played at BBVA Stadium, the home of MLS Houston Dynamo (and Texas Southern Football) or even NRG Stadium, as big as that is.  In those stadiums the Roughnecks could have had their logos and colors painted on the field without issues and money would have been saved.  Instead they play in a stadium where the logos and wordmarks of the primary tenant cannot be removed, therefore replacing the entire turf so that they can get their logos and colors on the stadium.  Seems like a waste of money.   

9 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

This would not be a problem for Houston if they were to have played at BBVA Stadium,Seems like a waste of money.   

It will look better than what Rice-Eccles looked like for Salt Lake Stallions games. A team playing on a field that had colors that weren't related to the home team was telling for how little attention had been paid to aesthetics by the AAF leadership. I'm guessing that either U of H had already ordered a new turf without logos, or the league paid for a field and the cost of swapping it out and maybe even replacing the turf after the season. I also think that once it's in we'll know what the layout for everyone else is. I think they wanted to use BBVA but were told to shove off by the Dynamo. With 5 home games, and possibly 2 playoff games at the start of the season, the Dynamo wouldn't want the wear and tear of two football seasons during their regular and possible postseason with TSU playing their from September to November. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

It will look better than what Rice-Eccles looked like for Salt Lake Stallions games. A team playing on a field that had colors that weren't related to the home team was telling for how little attention had been paid to aesthetics by the AAF leadership. I'm guessing that either U of H had already ordered a new turf without logos, or the league paid for a field and the cost of swapping it out and maybe even replacing the turf after the season. I also think that once it's in we'll know what the layout for everyone else is. I think they wanted to use BBVA but were told to shove off by the Dynamo. With 5 home games, and possibly 2 playoff games at the start of the season, the Dynamo wouldn't want the wear and tear of two football seasons during their regular and possible postseason with TSU playing their from September to November. 

There's also NRG Stadium, where the Texans play.