Hawaii Typhoons Logo

Steve-O

Here's a new logo I came up for, for a good buddy CityofWalrus. He wanted something to do with Hawaii (go figure), so I whipped this up! This is a first for me! This logo doesn't have some sort of creature with demonized eyes and it's not just the head of an animal!

Let me know what you guys think of it. It's still a paint piece so please disregard the crappy logo quality.

Thanks once again, Steve-O

typhoonslogo2.gif

http://sportslogos.freehomepage.com/images/typhoonslogo2.gif

Steve-O, this is great work.

I don't usually comment on these types of things. But it almost looks like your wave is making a fist heading toward the beach. It seems accidental. What if you actually made the wave like a fist?

Just a thought.

Again, great work.

Great work Steve-O! I really like the whole idea, and the tree give more depth to the logo as it seems affected by the wind. I love the wordmark!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

its very good work, but i think the tree and beach scene adds too much clutter and whimsy. im a business up front/ function over fashion type. ^_^

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

No...he's saying get to the point. That the island and the tree might not be neccesary. That's all.

That being said, I like it very much as well. Its not as striking as your other work IMO. It is a touch cluttered. But the wordmark is definatly killer.

peace,

pc

I love it!

Don't mind the clutter at all, because it's different.

Great potential for secondary log.

That Palmtree looks scared,

Man! even I, feel the breeze...

My only critique, and it has no "Design" value, is that the colour combo reminds me of a team I really hate, the Toronot Argos of the CFL.

GREAT WORK! It has Movement...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

That's in PAINT!!!!!! :shocked:

My....thoughts....exactly.... :blink:

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

That's in PAINT!!!!!! :shocked:

My....thoughts....exactly.... :blink:

No I don't doubt that he made it in paint, I have seen other work from him. But it's just outstanding piece of desing using such a mediocre tool.

Thanks bud, I appreciate your compliments. It's really not that hard to do anything in paint. You just have to visualize a lot of white space and then outline what you want then fill it in. That's what I do.

But how do you keep the lines and curves from getting choppy and jagged like mine? That's what I can't get to work...

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

But how do you keep the lines and curves from getting choppy and jagged like mine? That's what I can't get to work...

I use the very thinnest line tool or pen tool, then I do the outline, then I fill in the outline. Then I color everything in. Then I put it into Irfanview which then resizes it smaller and makes it less distorted. The logo's I make in paint are actually pretty huge sizes.

I use the very thinnest line tool or pen tool, then I do the outline, then I fill in the outline. Then I color everything in. Then I put it into Irfanview which then resizes it smaller and makes it less distorted. The logo's I make in paint are actually pretty huge sizes.

That's kinda what I figured. Thanks for the tip.

But one question still remains....What's "Irfanview"? :huh:

Wagner Athletic Group

Archived