CPL Rebrands & Expansion by mcrosby - 20 of 20 - Kelona & Final League

mcrosby

Very good series with the CPL rebrand/expansion. Living in British Columbia, when it was announced that Victoria was getting a CPL club I was amazed and awestruck. I was at the branding meetings between us supporter group members, league and club owners (Josh Simpson, Rob Friend and Dean Shillington). I was at the badge launch last July and I actually love the primary badge.Tthe secondary badge (roundel with trident) is nice too and there are rumors that the club will be transitioning to the secondary badge in a few seasons (but not confirmed). 

I lived in St. John's for two years and have to say you caught the essence of the St. John's, NL - a true "townie' experience.

• Zero rumors of another Eastern Canadian club

Liking both the Quebec City and Regina concepts.

• Alex Bunbury (ex-Canadian men's national team member and Montreal Impact player) is expected to have an announcement sometime in March 2019 that a CPL expansion club is expected to play in 2020 in either Montreal or Laval.
  • As for a CPL club in Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan Soccer has said that there are developments of a CPL club ownership group forming with a club playing in Saskatoon or Regina. Possible announcement in May 2019.  

I am big fan of both the FC Edmonton and Forge FC badges. So much better than the ones the clubs have now. Wish they went in this direction like you did.

• There are still options for a lower mainland-BC (Surrey, Langley, Chilliwack) or interior BC (Kelowna) club being formed and playing in the coming years. Trying to find a suitable playing stada and not interfere with Whitecaps sphere of influence. Also heard that a group of investors are looking at setting up a temporary stadium in Stanley Park downtown Vancouver for a Vancouver CPL club. Unknown about timelines for any other club in BC. Would be alot of fun for Pacific FC  to have a derby.

Keep up he great work mate! 

NpTodZP.png

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 hours ago, Flames1fan said:

What about a team in moncton?

Something to do with forestry , that is a big part of New Brunswick.

Maybe the league will expand to 18 or 20. Moncton, Kelowna, Thundar Bay, Golden Horseshoe? 

Until then, I'm still working out some kinks with this one, specifically how to address the wordmark. I like the shape of the Wanderers crest, but wish we could've seen the kingfisher, so with that in mind: 

Halifax FC:

oAKK6pg.png

BcHOzej.png

5 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Maybe the league will expand to 18 or 20. Moncton, Kelowna, Thundar Bay, Golden Horseshoe? 

Until then, I'm still working out some kinks with this one, specifically how to address the wordmark. I like the shape of the Wanderers crest, but wish we could've seen the kingfisher, so with that in mind: 

Halifax FC:

oAKK6pg.png

BcHOzej.png

well the teams that are posted in the picture I put up where talk of getting a team when the league was getting made. 

hvmY186.png

Ottawa's monogram is cool; good job with that font.

Halifax is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure I feel it. The beak doesn't read properly as part of the bird to me. I'd keep the Wanderers name too; it's got good history and still works with a bird theme, IMO. The orange is kinda cool, though!

Alaska looks beautiful! Really well done!

On 2/26/2019 at 3:08 PM, Dan O'Mac said:

I like that on Hamilton, there are 11 visible chain links, so, even if unintentional, you can claim it was "one for each person on the field".

Well, this is what the chain links bring to mind for me:

spacer.png

On 3/4/2019 at 6:31 PM, mcrosby said:

Halifax FC:

oAKK6pg.png

BcHOzej.png

I agree with @QueenCitySwarm that the FC looks a little out of place on one side. I also think the I in Halifax looks like it has been cut in half and now I can’t unsee it. The rest of the logo is outstanding. Good work as always!

Damn..... that Alaska FC emblem is way nicer than I'd imagine one for an Alaskan soccer team..... wow. Love it.

I even love how you came up with York United idea. 

Nice going, dude

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Anyone have team name or crest ideas for the following. I'm at a bit of a creative pause. 

• Saskatoon
    • Wheat? Bridges? Looney Toons? 
  • Victoria
    • Pacific is a good name, and I like the way Vancouver Island is a part of the logo. Unsure how to improve. 
  • Winnipeg
    • Something WWI based would work for me. I've considered using Winnie. 
  • Calgary
    • I like their current logo quite a bit, so it's hard to move away from. Foothills and Caledonian are already in use, and are good names. Maybe promote one of those names? 

And for possible future teams: 

• Kelowna
  • Thunder Bay
  • Moncton
  • Mississauga

15 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Anyone have team name or crest ideas for the following. I'm at a bit of a creative pause. 

• Saskatoon
    • Wheat? Bridges? Looney Toons? 
  • Victoria
    • Pacific is a good name, and I like the way Vancouver Island is a part of the logo. Unsure how to improve. 
  • Winnipeg
    • Something WWI based would work for me. I've considered using Winnie. 
  • Calgary
    • I like their current logo quite a bit, so it's hard to move away from. Foothills and Caledonian are already in use, and are good names. Maybe promote one of those names? 

And for possible future teams: 

• Kelowna
  • Thunder Bay
  • Moncton
  • Mississauga

Moncton Forest

Royal Winnipeg FC or Winnipeg Monarchs

Calgary Mustangs 

Kelowna I do something with mining 

Thunder Bay maybe do lake logo or water in it

Saskatoon farming or wheat works

Mississauga only thing comes to mind that it a hub for deviler on packages, or business to have there home office placed there.  Not sure what you can do. 

hvmY186.png

Archived