Redone NY Knicks Concept

Starchild

After doing my Brooklyn Nets concept, I decided to redo my Knicks one. It's basically the same thing as my original, but much much cleaner (it's an Illustrator/Photoshop combo). I also edited the number font to make it more like the current number style, and I created an Empire State Building tertiary logo I had been toying around with. The arc of the names on the back is a kind of nod to the teams championship days in the 70s, but with the current font. It still might have some work left to be done, but I figured I'd post it right now at about 90% completed.

KnicksFinalConcept_Small.gif

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Shoot, that is sweet stuff.

You don't see those side stripes everyday, kudos on the originality. That tertiary logo is stunning, very creative. All in all, you stayed true to who and what the Knicks are, and that gets you big thumbs up in my book.

Excellent effort.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

The best part about this is the skyscraper secondary! Good job man. :D

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

well i must say the NYK logo is growing on me, but one correction in your overview. you actually created a chrysler building tertiary, not an empire stae building tertiary. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Very nice. THis would be a nice touch up. Is that tertiary logo yours or do they use it? I've never seen it, but it's nice.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

well i must say the NYK logo is growing on me, but one correction in your overview. you actually created a chrysler building tertiary, not an empire stae building tertiary. :P

EDIT: Everything is as it should be... finally. Cough.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Starchild,

You know you will get alot of feedback from me on this one as I am a huge Knicks fan. First off, Love the uniforms but.....would change one thing thing. I think "Knicks" nameplate on the home jersey's would look better if the "Knicks" script from the original "roundball" logo was used for it, subtract the drop shadow of course.

Also, I think this template would be a great setup for a black alternate jersey with blue panels and orange piping trim...a la the Univ of Florida Gator black jersey's. (Not sure if those still exsist)

As for the logos......sorry, but I'm not really a fan of the skyscraper secondary. The building by itself in the logo just seems to look naked amongst the subdued "subway token" logo background. And because of the lack of definition on the building exterior in the logo, one could almost easily mistaken it for a giant spike......or the George Washington Monument in DC.

Its a great idea but I think it should be morphed into the present main logo (with "New York" script on top). With the upwards angle of the Knicks script in the logo, this would be a great setup to add this sideshot attempt of a skyscraper you tried as a crown to the present "triangle" logo. And if there is any skyscraper's design that should be used, the famous Chrysler Building's art deco spire should be the one used on top of this logo. Its cool and timeless....un-mistakenably New York.

Great concept though.......but you might want to change your whole identity as Marbs might be traded in the coming days for VC.

NYCdog.png

sorry, sir. it used to be the chrysler building, but i pointed it out that it was the chrysler building and not the previously quoted empire state building. thats when our friend starchild changed it. maybe you should include both of them, starchild?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Hmmmm...

I liked the Crysler one better myself. I like the Empire State Building one, but the Crysler logo just looked nicer (of course it wasn't my intention to do the Crysler building- but it looked great just the same).

Now, should I bring back the Crysler tertiary, or should I leave it as the Empire State Building?

Archived