Redone NY Knicks Concept

Starchild

i love this concept, except the tertiary logo needs some black in there. every other logo in the entire concept uses black, except that logo... and it looks a little faded to me, because of this.

but i'd definately buy one of those.

I would use empire state as it is the more identifiable building.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Chrysler Building is just a better looking building all around.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Starchild,

Maybe you should post both skyscraper logo's and have a poll on it.

BTW, I never did see the Chrysler version of your secondary logo, just only saw the "Washington Monument-looking" Emp version. So I cant really tell you which one would look better based on your concepts being that I've only seen one. But based on my experiences of seeing both buildings everyday, the Chrysler's art deco spire just blows away the Emp's design.

The only way I would use the Emp as a logo is if you were to modify the design of your Emp secondary concept to depict the building and its spire lighten up at night.....i.e. after 9/11 when the spire was drenched in a patriotic red, white, and blue lighting scheme.

See this Emporis page for night pics of the Emp if anyone doenst know what I'm talking about. (Especially pages 4 and 5......nice night shots there)

flatiron_empire_state_building_night_broadway.jpg

Here's what I'd do to modify.......

In your Emp concept, the base of the building could start off as a deep, dark orange color fading gently to a black to give the allusion of height in the logo. The main reason fo starting off as orange at the bottom of the skyscraper is to convey the look of the famous orange urban lighting that glows from the city streets below at night as most of you who have seen NYC at night time already know.

With the base being orange-to-black, there should be little white spots to depict office lights that are "ON" at night. This little touch could really convey that "city that never sleeps" motto NYC has.

From there, the top three portions of the spire should be drenched in the Knicks colors... blue, orange, and white.....or whatever order you prefer them in. To further convey the look of "nighttime" in the Emp concept, the basketball (or "Subway token" logo... which ever one you prefer to use) should have a black background with the trim lines of the basketball being in orange.

If you choose to go with the more Gotham-looking Chrysler spire, I'd would still do the same exact thing....except for the lighting scheme, which is dramatically different at night. See this Emporis page for good night time pics of the Chrysler.

ny_chrysler_night.jpg

Hope you liked the idea.....

NYCdog.png

Here's the Chrysler Logo up against the Empire State Building logo... I'm leaning towards bringing back the Chrysler one. It may not be the definitive NYC skyscraper, but it certainly looks a lot nicer as a logo.

TertiaryComparison.gif

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Here's the Chrysler Logo up against the Empire State Building logo... I'm leaning towards bringing back the Chrysler one. It may not be the definitive NYC skyscraper, but it certainly looks a lot nicer as a logo.

Absolutely, and in the end, it's all about the look.

I'd change the background to a basketball. The NYK is a little too obscured and subtle to be effective (you'd really need prior knowledge of the other NYK logo to know what it is)... a basketball would be more recognizable, and I think it would look cool. (It's not like a basketball's foreign to the Knicks graphical identity either.)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Absolutely, and in the end, it's all about the look.

I'd change the background to a basketball. The NYK is a little too obscured and subtle to be effective (you'd really need prior knowledge of the other NYK logo to know what it is)... a basketball would be more recognizable, and I think it would look cool. (It's not like a basketball's foreign to the Knicks graphical identity either.)

That's what makes the NYK cool in the background. You don't need to know it's there or what it is, it just looks good.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Here's a little idea that I'll throw out. Maybe make the alternate a basketball with "NY", but incorporate both buildings into the lettering. Like, make the Empire State Building into one of the sides of the N and then use the chrysler to make the vertical line of the Y. Just a thought...

VmWIn6B.png

Archived