Lesnar: The Next Big Viking

slapshot

I'd expect F-5 on the back.

Good riddance, Lesnar, you sell-out.

He walked away from a multi-million dollar contract to go make, what, $80k a year on the practice roster? Yup, he sold out.

I'm hoping you don't think wrestling is real...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

How is Lesnar a sell-out. Why because he leaves millions of dollars on Vince McMahons desk to try out for the NFL, so he can try something new and maybe succeed at it and that makes him a sell-out, wow Millions or a new career that may pay him 100,000

Ah geez, look what I started.

I meant, in my point of view as a WWE fan, he did sell out. He litterally turned his back on the loyal fans who stuck with him through thick and thin, as we do with every other 'Superstar', on what he dreamed of achieving (wrestling superstardom) and the business that put up with his antics for so long, something we may never be able to forgive him for. For that, he sold out in my eyes.

Not to mention the fact that he basically bitched and complained throughout his entire tenure with WWE, couldn't handle the "pressures" of travelling and didn't want to lay down and lose. He only thought of himself, not the good of the company and the product. That doesn't exactly earn you brownie points in my book.

Try to see things from my point of view, guys. Don't make too much of a ruckus out of this.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

I meant, in my point of view as a WWE fan, he did sell out. He litterally turned his back on the loyal fans who stuck with him through thick and thin, as we do with every other 'Superstar', on what he dreamed of achieving (wrestling superstardom) and the business that put up with his antics for so long, something we may never be able to forgive him for. For that, he sold out in my eyes.

Man, just because your favourite wrestler has decided that he wanted to take a different career path doesn't make him a sellout.

You're not a sellout if you change careers and try to pursue your dreams in efforts to be happy.

So you were a fan of his and you're disappointed he no longer wrestles. He didn't go for the big dollar (definition of a sellout, btw) and he didn't promise you anything when you were a fan of his. He didn't 'turn his back on his fans.' He made a change in occupation.

It's pretty self centred to call him names and take it so personally because he wants to play football rather than wrestle.

As much as I love the WWF (can't call it the new name), as much as I admire Vince McMahon, as much as I appreciate the fact that wrestling has valuable entertainment cache along the lines of soap operas at worst and shakespeare at best, as much as I am not ashamed to be a fan...........

I would never begrudge a person for wanting to leave that lifestyle behind. I don't understand the "hardcore" fan who will accept the superstars on no other terms than in that "universe" of the squared circle. Fans have belittled Lesnar as well as The Rock and anyone else who strives for something else, if not more out of life.

There are so many of those athletes (and they are athletes) who have no other options anymore. How many times has Mick Foley left only to return in some capacity? How many times has Austin been fired only to come crawling back six months later? Why on earth was Rick Flair wrestling into his 50's?

I respect the industry, but it's a deadend. It offers no retirement plan and often leaves it's veterans with chronic health problems, ill-equiped to function in any other walk of life. I don't pity those men and women, they've made adult choices and been well compensated. But if any of them (Rocky/Lesnar) is able to jump ship in their late 20's or early 30's (while they can still walk) and make a better life for themselves then I would celebrate that. I would also (as a wrestling fan) take it as a compliment that in these two scenarios the rest of the world is acknowledging the athletic ability and personality required to be a wrestler. The very fact that there are successful crossovers validates wrestling as an artform even more. Will you be angry if HHH is a big hit in Blade III?

And I think the board only jumped on this, because technically a sell-out isn't the appropriate term you are looking for. You may feel Lesnar betrayed those who gave him his start, but there is no doubt that the life of a pro wrestler is no picnic. I wish him luck....even if its for those lousy Vikings.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I'm a wrestling fan as well, but I'm not really into it like those hardcore fans. I don't go out of my seat to cheer to boo because I watch it like I watch the news, indifference. If someone leaves wrestling, then fine. It's not like the industry will die because he's leaving, much like the Dolphins because Ricky Williams is leaving, although in the case of the Dolphins, it's a different kind of death. :D

I saw, I came, I left.

i dont see what the hype is all about

then again, i dont know why people watch wrestling, either

The reason people watch wrestling, is the same reason people watch anything, they enjoy it! There is an old saying: For those who get it, no explanation is needed. For those who don't get it, no explanation will do!

rangersCBSig.gif

I wonder how many people's life a,mbition is to be a WWE wrestler?

I know someone. Let's just say he's 27, STILL in the 10th grade and looks like Julian from Trailer Park Boys. He used to brag about how he was gonna go to Calgary and train with the Harts. He used to pick fights outside bars and get seriously whooped.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I don't think he's a sell out and I'm a, well I'm not as "big" a fan as I used to be, but I'm still a fan of WWE. I didn't think he had a shot, but it looks like he'll make the practice squad at least, so more power to him for wanting to be part of a sport that is REAL instead of one that is staged.

Archived