MLB Nike 2020 Redesign

St Louis Cardinals

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops, I thought I had already showed Miami.  They're coming up soon, so I'll table everything i have for them until then.  For now, here is the last of the AL.

Rangers:  Inspiration for this concept comes from a Light's Out concept.  It is based on the first flag of Texas.  I added a beveling to the star, as the Ranger's have on their script today, and added a design on the sleeves.  I wanted to make the Ranger's both a red and blue team.  The alt. it just a throwback.  Any hat could be worn with any jersey.

Braves: I changed the colors to black and red, something that I think goes well with the firefighter theme.  I have nothing against the Braves indian imagery, I just thought this would be the simplest way to make a big change.  The tomahawk has been changed to an Axe.

spacer.png

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

I like what you've done with both teams here. The firefighter-themed Braves identity is a smart update, and the Rangers concept, while a bit outside the box, still keeps with the overall spirit of their identity. I like how the crest logo looks like a giant badge on the front of the jersey. 

Could we see the Rangers home jersey with a blue star on the front for comparison? 

On 6/9/2019 at 3:12 PM, St Louis Cardinals said:

Oops, I thought I had already showed Miami.  They're coming up soon, so I'll table everything i have for them until then.  For now, here is the last of the AL.

Rangers:  Inspiration for this concept comes from a Light's Out concept.  It is based on the first flag of Texas.  I added a beveling to the star, as the Ranger's have on their script today, and added a design on the sleeves.  I wanted to make the Ranger's both a red and blue team.  The alt. it just a throwback.  Any hat could be worn with any jersey.

Braves: I changed the colors to black and red, something that I think goes well with the firefighter theme.  I have nothing against the Braves indian imagery, I just thought this would be the simplest way to make a big change.  The tomahawk has been changed to an Axe.

spacer.png

I think the Rangers uni would be a good alternate for Memorial Day or 4th of july, and i love the retro look of the Braves uniforms.

sms.gif

spacer.png

Here are the Rangers with a blue star.  Looks kind of drab in my opinion.

Now for the Mets and Marlins.  For the Mets I really went heavy on the subway theme.  The concept is pretty out there, but I do actually like it a lot.  And here are what I originally had for the Marlins:

spacer.png

And here is what I came up with for the new Marlins.  Definitely not happy with the uniforms, so any suggestions would be welcome.

spacer.png

StLouisCardinals.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

The Mets are really cool! Another nice outside the box idea. And a Mets concept where black actually works!

For Miami, I actually prefer your first set of designs with “MIAMI” on the front over the “Sea Tigers” script. The wordmark is cleaner, and the more I think about it, the more I realize having two teams in the league with “Tigers” in their name might be a bit odd. So rather than start over from scratch, I’d maybe just downplay the use of the name. I also think the road jersey needs a blue stroke between the black letters and the pink outline.

Not bad! I would maybe make the “Sea Tigers” alt blue or pink so you don’t have two white options. Another idea to consider is flipping the outlines on the road script, unless you want to maintain a “blue and pink can’t touch” rule.

And yet another suggestion: For the cap logo, make Florida white so it stands out against the rest of the cap. You’d probably have to then make the star at the bottom of the logo blue.

Keep up the great work! You’ve got an awesome imagination.

Lots of posts today, but I am working on some expansion teams, and would love to hear some input on the Las Vegas teams logos.

spacer.png

I'm trying to decide which direction I should go.  And whether or not the Thunderbirds logo should include the star or not.  So far I have made one expansion team, in Honolulu.  If anyone has any city suggestions i can try and make them work.  I'm thinking I will probably do two more expansion teams, to make the league 34 teams total.

StLouisCardinals.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

Ok, I have finished up Vegas and I am pretty happy with how it turned out.  I still need two expansion cities, so if anyone has suggestions I am all ears.  I'll unveil them all after I finish out the National League.

And here are the last two teams for the NL East.  I brought back the 2005 Nationals set, because it is easily my favorite from their history, and I believe it is pretty close to perfect.  I've created a new George Washington logo to be used as an alternate.  

I renamed the Phillies because I don't really like the name.  They're now the Liberty, however their set is still pretty close to what it is today.

spacer.png

StLouisCardinals.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

Re: Miami, I agree with whoever said having Tigers and Sea Tigers is unnecessarily similar, and that's the biggest complaint I have there.

For Philly, I wonder how a calligraphy-style font in the style of the Declaration of Independence or Constitution would look instead of the cursive script you used?

Image result for declaration of independence

Image result for constitution

Or if you were able to use the exact "Liberty" from the constitution (this may have been what you were shooting for):

Image result for constitution liberty

I'm thinking Charlotte and Portland should be the other two cities, as they make the most sense in real life anyway, but this series is beautiful. Nike madness everywhere, tradition thrown out the window, and I love it. Fantastic work!

the user formerly known as cdclt

For expansion, I would say a Montreal Expos 2.0, and a team somewhere in North Carolina. Not preference if it’s the Carolina ___ or Charlotte/Raleigh/Durham etc..., but would want a color scheme based around Black.

da0Lbhs.png

Archived