Seahawks helmets

klasticono

I saw a clip of one of Seattle's preseason games the other day and noticed the helmet had the wraparound bird. I can't remember if they had that for the first season of the new look or if they had a bird's head with no wrap. Can anyone help me with this?

Carryover from last season, which was the first of the bird wrap. All previous incarnations of the Seattle helmet didn't have it.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

they have always had a wrap around

In a sense you are right. It all depends on how you define "wrap around". According to this, they have always wrapped around:

Seattle Seahawks Helmets

And here is a picture before kickoff of the Seattle Seahawks vs. Green Bay Packers game on August 16, 2004:

Defense02450_0816.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Umm to me that's a full wrap around because of the stripe that goes down the middle of the helmet. (I'm not sure how many of you do or don't know that the reason the stripe rises off the helmet is because that's where the two molded halves of the helmet are merged together.)

Umm to me that's a full wrap around because of the stripe that goes down the middle of the helmet. (I'm not sure how many of you do or don't know that the reason the stripe rises off the helmet is because that's where the two molded halves of the helmet are merged together.)

Makes sense

I saw, I came, I left.

well either way, theyve always had a wrap around, even if they couldnt get the middle stripe colored as well, because if it wasnt there, guess what it would do? thats right, "wrap" around. :P BTW they have had two of the best looking helmets in recent years.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

As the resident Seahawks expert.... they have always had what fans and marketing considered a "Wrap Around"!

CORRECT: it doesnt go completely around the back of the helmet, stopping at the halves mold fold, but it has always been reffered to as Wrap Around.

Prior to their logo change, their logo also wrapped around their jersey sleeves.

Many people wish they would bring this back in the new logo and jerseys, but personally I think with the new logo it would look better without!

The currrent sleeves are still horrible, the reebok logo is as big as the seahawk...

I don't understand the talk about the stripe down the middle, there never was a stripe right? just the ridge where the 2 halves meet, but it's the same color as the rest of the helmet, no stripe

I'm pretty tired of people (not here but nationally...announcers etc) ripping on these uniforms.

You wont see a better logo modernization ever.......and that color blue is just rockin.

I hate the monochrome blue look.....but the all white is terrific. I still wish they'd lose the reebok sleeve action and make the sleeves jersey colored.....but with a few tweaks these would be close to my favorite modern unis ever.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I never understood why the Hawks never did that! I thought that would've been awesome to do an idea like that.

Speaking of sleeves, remember when they had some in the NFL?

Circa late 1980's

montana1.jpg

Today, well not today, ah you get the idea! :lol:

1027-Vikingsfal_1.jpg

Do we really need to see their arm tattoos? :P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I love the Seahawks current look and wasn't a fan of their previous one. I actually lived in Seattle during the first season in those new jerseys and worked a couple of games, but my memory failed me here. Maybe there was talk that they weren't going to wrap the logo around the helmet when that logo was first introduced with the bird's "neck" tapering off.

I'm pretty tired of people (not here but nationally...announcers etc) ripping on these uniforms.

You wont see a better logo modernization ever.......and that color blue is just rockin.

I hate the monochrome blue look.....but the all white is terrific. I still wish they'd lose the reebok sleeve action and make the sleeves jersey colored.....but with a few tweaks these would be close to my favorite modern unis ever.

Agreed. The Seahawks are the best update.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived