Monster Park?

IronChefShark

KNBR 680 out of San Francisco reports that the 49ers and job placement website Monster.com are close to a naming rights deal for Candlestick Park pending approval from the city's parks and recreation dept.

Monster Park......well if you have to be corporate, at least sound cool being corporate

besides, the Stick is one big, windy, ugly monster to begin with

Monster Park is a cool coperate name like Cincinnatis Great AMerican Ballpark

Great American Ballpark is simply the coolest corporate named stadium/arena there is. My only problem is that it's too good because I did not realise until just before opening day last year that it was a corporate named ballpark. I guess if you are willing to shell millions of dollars to put your name on a ballpark, you have to make obvious that it is corporate ballpark. Although Pac Bell Park was a cool name for a corporate ballpark

I saw, I came, I left.

Great American Ballpark is simply the coolest corporate named stadium/arena there is. My only problem is that it's too good because I did not realise until just before opening day last year that it was a corporate named ballpark. I guess if you are willing to shell millions of dollars to put your name on a ballpark, you have to make obvious that it is corporate ballpark. Although Pac Bell Park was a cool name for a corporate ballpark

Another one was the Great Western Forum in Inglewood. I had no idea it was named after a bank until I saw an ad behind one of the nets in the early 90s.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

In the corperate world we are turning into, Monster park wouldn't be such a bad name, you're all right, it does sound cool. I hate to see the old stadium names, the tradition of naming your ballpark/arena/stadium after a porminent person in the local history, or national history, or player...

I am forever waiting for the day that we see in college football, the grandest of all corperately sponsored bowl games,

the 2000 Flushes Toilet Bowl! :D

When Raymond James Stadium Opened in Tampa Bay, I thought it was just named for some famous Tampian. Tampaite? A person who reigns from Tampa. :) Anyhoo, then I saw one of their offices and i was like...wait a minute...Raymond James...THOSE B@STARDS!

oh well.

I can already hear Chris Berman....

And now...to da monnnnstar...

Monster Park...well, if it helps keep the Niners in San Fran where they belong, i'm for it.

but i hadn't known the Great American Ballpark was corporate til i read this thread :D damn Reds

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Monster Park? I don't know, if it's gonna be corporate, I guess it's fine, but for the Niners it just doesn't sound right. Now Chicago, that would be perfect for.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Tampian.  Tampaite?  A person who reigns from Tampa.

I will refrain from making the obvious "Tampon" joke here, in order to keep the board smut-free.

Somehow I sense there is a string attached to this promise.

Tampian. Tampaite? A person who reigns from Tampa.

I will refrain from making the obvious "Tampon" joke here, in order to keep the board smut-free.

Somehow I sense there is a string attached to this promise.

*slams head on desk repeatedly*

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I always thought the coolest thing would be if a company renamed itself just so their ballpark wouldn't sound so corporate. Like if some bank changed its name to Fenway Bank and then paid for a new stadium for the Sox. Imagine all the good publicity they'd get...

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

citizens bank park in philly would have sounded great if it had been "citizens park" - making it sound like it belongs to the citizens (which it should)

i was so pissed the day i heard the name

lincoln financial field is cool cause it has a cool nickname "the linc"

wachovia (wachovia center) is fun to say - just say it sounded out "WAH-KO-VEE-AH"

thats all from philly - im phillyfan36, sportslogos.net

lincoln financial field is cool cause it has a cool nickname "the linc"

Although this one ain't so bad, seeing as how the company ITSELF is named after someone else.....Abe Lincoln, of course. No shame in that, huh?

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived