Cro Liga (Croatian Soccer Premier League)

dado

Hello!😀

I wanted to do a concept of the 1.HNL (1. Hrvatska nogometna liga - 1. Croatian soccer league) for a while now and I'm happy to say: It's finally here!

Welcome to Cro Liga!

spacer.png

Currently, there are 10 clubs competing in 1. HNL.

Cro Liga will have 16 clubs.

spacer.png

And here are the team colors:

spacer.png

As always, feedback is welcome, especially from Croats.

Enjoy.😀

spacer.png

The club was founded in 1919. and after WW2 was playing under the name Dinamo Vinkovci.

The logo of Dinamo Vinkovci was the inspiration for the new logo.

In 1990. the name was changed back to Cibalia. 

The name Cibalia comes from the Roman settlement called 

Colonia Aurelia Cibalae which was the precursor of the present-day town of Vinkovci.

Cibalia played in 1. HNL almost continuously until 2014. when the club started to get into financial troubles 

and in the last few years has been playing in 1. HNL, 2. HNL and even 3. HNL.

The club is currently playing in 2. HNL.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Along with Hajduk Split, Dinamo Zagreb is the most famous Croatian soccer club.

They have been dominating 1. HNL since it's beginning with 20 league titles.

I think that the lowercase "d" from the logo is very recognizable and can stand on it's own.

spacer.png

spacer.png 

spacer.png

Inter Zaprešić was founded in 1929. under the name NK Sava and has played under various names

until 1962. when they were renamed Jugokeramika after their main sponsor, a local ceramics factory. 

In 1991. the factory changed it's name to Inker (INdustrija KERamike) and the club adopted that name.

In 2003. the factory stopped sponsoring the club and so the name was changed to Inter.

The club has been playing in 1. HNL, 2. HNL and 3. HNL and is currently playing in 1. HNL.

The new logo is a modified crest of the city of Zaprešić.

The away kit is a tribute to Brighton & Hove Albion FC who were the first international club

to host a Croatian soccer club after Croatia declared it's independence.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Great decision to go with just the lowercase “d” for Dinamo Zagreb. I agree that it stands in its own very well and lends to a clean and classic look.

The work so far has been very solid and the crests each look very clean. I’ll be looking forwards to seeing the series through!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Great decision to go with just the lowercase “d” for Dinamo Zagreb. I agree that it stands in its own very well and lends to a clean and classic look.

The work so far has been very solid and the crests each look very clean. I’ll be looking forwards to seeing the series through!

Thank you for the kind words.

I hope you will enjoy the rest of the series.

spacer.png

GOŠK Dubrovnik was founded in 1919.

In 1980. the club merged with their city rival NK Jug and changed it's name to GOŠK-Jug.

During the 1980's the club has been a regular member of 2nd Division Yugoslavia League.

In 1991. the club merged with NK Dubrovnik and played 1. HNL for 4 years.

After that things started going south.

Over the years the club relegated to the 5th Division and are now competing in 3. HNL.

The new logo is inspired by the crest of the city of Dubrovnik.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Oh, and if you are wondering why HBO as a sponsor, Dubrovnik was the main filming location for

King's Landing in the TV Show Game of Thrones so it's a little easter egg.

I'm not feeling the number font. It looks like it's a bit stretched vertically, IMO. The name font is fine, though.

Your Cibalia Vinkovci crest is nice, but maybe it could use a rounded shield as a callback to the previous?

I like Dubrovnik's new logo a lot; maybe you could do white & red stripes in the top half and blue & red stripes on the bottom half? The away kit is very nice.

Dinamo Zagreb looks pretty cool with the d-only logo. I just realized that the stem of the d could form a Z though!

Zapresic's crest looks really classy, and the home is excellent.

For the away, I think you should either have solid blue stripes with no gradient, or use a white numbers box. The two together are a bit odd.

Good work!

On 10/27/2019 at 7:54 PM, Eastport76 said:

I'm really loving this series. The uniforms are clean and the logos are solid, even Dinamo Zagreb's just lowercase "d" logo. I love it.

On 10/27/2019 at 9:15 PM, WarriorFight said:

League branding is f***king dope as hell.  

Love all the updated crests too!

Thank you, hope you enjoy the rest of the series.

On 10/28/2019 at 2:39 AM, vtgco said:

I'm not feeling the number font. It looks like it's a bit stretched vertically, IMO. The name font is fine, though.

It is, I stretched it a bit because it was too flat for me. I'm happy with how it looks so I'll keep it as it is but thanks for the feedback.

Your Cibalia Vinkovci crest is nice, but maybe it could use a rounded shield as a callback to the previous?

The shape of the shield was inspired by the logo of Dinamo Vinkovci

spacer.png

so it didn't occur to me to do a different style shield but I went ahead and did a rounded shield version and I like it even better so I will be updating Cibalia with the rounded shield logo.

spacer.png

Great feedback, thank you.

I like Dubrovnik's new logo a lot; maybe you could do white & red stripes in the top half and blue & red stripes on the bottom half? The away kit is very nice.

I tried that and it doesn't look good but this could work as an alternate version:

spacer.png

Dinamo Zagreb looks pretty cool with the d-only logo. I just realized that the stem of the d could form a Z though!

I guess something like that could be done but that "d" is so iconic I don't want to mess around with it.

Zapresic's crest looks really classy, and the home is excellent.

For the away, I think you should either have solid blue stripes with no gradient, or use a white numbers box. The two together are a bit odd.

Yeah, to tell you the truth I'm not sold on that one either.

I like the idea of the gradiant but I also like the yellow lettering.

Here are some other versions:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Good work!

Thank you.

Your feedback was great, Cibalia will be updated for sure.

Neću pisati na engleskom, jer se razumemo :)  Sve pohvale. Pravo osveženje. Totalno se da razumeti shvatanje šahovnice nacionalnim simbolom, ali ne mora je sadržati svaki sportski logo, jer tako svi logoi postaju u biti isti (pa logo NK Cibalije podseća na logo Košarkoškog kluba Zadar, a nigde veze). Ti si ih ovime načinio jedinstvenijim,

Summarize in English: Well done, you made their identities more unique. 

banner.jpg

15 minutes ago, Paperino said:

Neću pisati na engleskom, jer se razumemo :)  Sve pohvale. Pravo osveženje. Totalno se da razumeti shvatanje šahovnice nacionalnim simbolom, ali ne mora je sadržati svaki sportski logo, jer tako svi logoi postaju u biti isti. Ti si ih ovime načinio jedinstvenijim,

Summarize in English: Well done, you made their identities more unique. 

Hvala na pohvalama, drago mi je što ti se sviđa.

Da, šahovnica je super ali stvarno ne mora biti na svakom grbu.

spacer.png

NK Zadar was founded in 1945.

Under the name Zadarkomerc the club was one of the founding members of 1. HNL in 1992.

In 2001. the club changed it's name back to NK Zadar.

The club played 1. HNL from 1992-1999, from 2001-2005 and from 2007-2015.

Due to financial difficulties the club faced relegation and is currently playing 3. HNL.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Segesta was founded in 1906. after a 13 year old student received a new leather soccer ball for having good grades in school.

Segesta is one of the oldest soccer clubs in Croatia.

During their long history they never changed their name.

During the 1990's the club played in 1. HNL and are now playing in 4. HNL.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

NK Istra 1961 was founded in 1948. under the name NK Uljanik.

Until the beginning of the 2000's they were in the shadow of their city rival NK Istra who played 1. HNL in the 1990's.

Confused?

Yeah, you should be.

The club changed it's name numerous times over the years.

The club is playing in 1. HNL since 2004. with only 2 years playing in 2. HNL.

NK Istra by the way are currently playing 5. HNL.

The new logo is a modified crest of the city of Pula.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived