The Three NFL Games I've Attended in Person

msubulldog

Two of them were MNF; the third was Thanksgiving.

All three games were on national television.

All three games took place in years ending in "9", but different years.

In all three games, the team wearing dark jerseys won.

In two of these games, the visitors won.

In two of these games, the home team wore white.

Two of these games involved the Cowboys.

Two of these games occurred in the 20th century.

Need to know more - did you eat and/or drink at any of these?  How much was parking - or did you use PT? What was the weather like? PM me if you’re not comfortable sharing this info publicly. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Need to know more - did you eat and/or drink at any of these?  How much was parking - or did you use PT? What was the weather like? PM me if you’re not comfortable sharing this info publicly. 

Since he won't answer, I've decided to tag in. I don't remember any food from any of the stadiums or the parking price (if applicable). Weather-wise, the first time I watched an NFL game in which the Oilers battled the Jaguars in Memphis at the Liberty Bowl was very cold. I'm far more tolerant to the cold now though. I don't remember what it was like at the dumb dome in St. Louis, and I think it was warmer than normal for the game I saw at Dallas' newer stadium.

When I was in St. Louis a domestic violence situation happened in the row behind me, so there was that. Maybe that (along with my hatred of the Baseball Cardinals) is why I hate St. Louis so much. Also, the part where I used to find larger cities intimidating. But it would be embarrassing to stop being a hater now.

8 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Since he won't answer, I've decided to tag in. I don't remember any food from any of the stadiums or the parking price (if applicable). Weather-wise, the first time I watched an NFL game in which the Oilers battled the Jaguars in Memphis at the Liberty Bowl was very cold. I'm far more tolerant to the cold now though. I don't remember what it was like at the dumb dome in St. Louis, and I think it was warmer than normal for the game I saw at Dallas' newer stadium.

When I was in St. Louis a domestic violence situation happened in the row behind me, so there was that. Maybe that (along with my hatred of the Baseball Cardinals) is why I hate St. Louis so much. Also, the part where I used to find larger cities intimidating. But it would be embarrassing to stop being a hater now.

I worked as an usher for the first 9.5 seasons of the Linc, so between that, the Vet (Bring it Back), Three Rivers, and Heinz, I've probably been to 80ish NFL games.  I've seen a lot of weird stuff, but the weirdest was probably a guy in a teal (maybe midnight green) sweatsuit (yes, sweatsuit) sitting in his seat urinating on the back of the person in front of him, who was wearing a heavy coat (either Washington or the Bills - I can't recall exactly) and didn't feel it.  I don't think the one guy was intentionally pissing on the guy - I think he was loaded and thought he was being discreetly about pissing in front of his seat and didn't realize that even as an usher stationed 5 rows below him, I could see it arching from his groin and hitting the guy in front of him - I'm really shocked nobody else noticed.  Anyway, I had talked to the guy a few times already about his obnoxious yelling and swearing, and then when I caught him peeing, he reached into his pocket, pulled out the biggest gangster's roll of cash I've ever seen, proceeded to tell me "you don't know who I am - you're making a big mistake" (which around here, could very well mean what that sounds like) but we had him locked up in the holding area below the stadium.  The line to make statements in front of the judge was super long, and I couldn't stay, so after the police lectured me because they could only give him a $50 citation rather than worse charges, I just left.  The cops offered to drive me home if I'd stay.  

@msubulldog - what was the urination situation at the games you attended?  Did anyone relieve themselves in an inappropriate place?  Not counting sinks, as those are totally cromulent places.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is ridiculous.  @msubulldog teases us with potentially epic stories, then bails.

If that's how it's going to be, I'm just going to post pictures.

SD_05302017ej_2789--96e10dedb02bc87ea301

1 hour ago, msubulldog said:

1979 Oilers (in Columbia won) @ Cowboys. (Thanksgiving)

1989 Eagles (in white lost) @ Saints (MNF)

2019 Cowboys (in navy won) @ Giants. (MNF)

reymysteriocat.jpg

21 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Also, was there individual urinals, or that one long trough?

If I recall, Ford Field had the trough when I was there in 2010. Very odd, considering it was built within this century, and literally the only trough I've pissed in other than at The Vet when I was a kid.

54 minutes ago, Shumway said:

If I recall, Ford Field had the trough when I was there in 2010. Very odd, considering it was built within this century, and literally the only trough I've pissed in other than at The Vet when I was a kid.

I don't recall the Vet having a trough.  Then again, we usually peed in the concourses in 32-oz drink cups because of the lines and how often the pipes were frozen or broken and bathrooms out of service.

I was surprised when I went to Australia earlier this year that even newly-built high-end establishments have troughs - but they're 'classy' self-cleaning stainless steel troughs, if there is such a thing as a classy trough.  I now feel like it's the best solution, as long as there's no fat guys hogging up two spots, or people with annoying spreads.  Less splash back, more sanitary, and more space efficient.

16 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:
1 hour ago, Shumway said:

I don't recall the Vet having a trough.  Then again, we usually peed in the concourses in 32-oz drink cups because of the lines and how often the pipes were frozen or broken and bathrooms out of service.

I was surprised when I went to Australia earlier this year that even newly-built high-end establishments have troughs - but they're 'classy' self-cleaning stainless steel troughs, if there is such a thing as a classy trough.  I now feel like it's the best solution, as long as there's no fat guys hogging up two spots, or people with annoying spreads.  Less splash back, more sanitary, and more space efficient.

Troughs have a bit of a learning curve.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

23 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm pretty sure the Vet had troughs, although I was only at your namesake a handful of times. My first Eagles game was at the Linc, but I went to a few Phillies games as a kid. They even referenced the troughs on an episode of The Goldbergs.

Archived