NFL series (ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ update added 04/19/23.)

j'villejags

It's been a while since I've made a concept, and thought I'd give the Falcons a shot with their new uniforms coming soon. I like trying to guess what Nike will do, so this is my attempt at that. :P 

I wanted to give them 3 distinctive sets, rather than 9 mix-and-match combinations. 

What do you think?

Home

NqZ6olJ.png

Away

gmwTsbo.png

Alternate

iu2aypJ.png

• Like 12

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

15 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Red Socks should be worn with the Black Pants. Add something to the pants as well, so they aren't so plain. Those are my only big complaints. Otherwise, it looks good.

Thanks! The black socks with black pants thing doesn't really bother me like it probably should, but I will give it a shot with red socks.

I struggled a bit with a pant stripe that pairs with the action going on at the shoulder. I feel it almost needs to be a similar style of tapered stripe(s). I'll see what I can come up with and will post an update. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

16 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Red Socks should be worn with the Black Pants. Add something to the pants as well, so they aren't so plain. Those are my only big complaints. Otherwise, it looks good.

I'd go with white socks to create a more balanced look.  Maybe stripes, but in 2020 nobody wears 'official' socks, so solid white would be the way to go.  ALso have a gray option, incase they wear the black pants with the black/gray jersey.

Otherwise, this is a strong concept.  One other suggestion:

Can't see the side of the pants, but they look solid.  I'd go with some detail that kinda matches the sleeves.  I'm really not sure of the best way to pull this off, since the middle sleeve stripe matches the pants color, but one of two options might work:

Make a long (but not touching the bottom) slightly tapered stripe that matches the number color, and then two shorter also-tapered stripes that match the outer stripes on the sleeve.

Or, just mimic the sleeve stripes, including the coloring between stripes, so the middle one could still match the pants color.  I'd keep the coloring between stripes very thin though, so you could still maintain a sleek / narrow profile on the stripes.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here's an update. I tried working a pant stripe in and have added a few options on the away set.

I've been working on this template for a while (since the TCU release 2? years ago) but it is honestly not all that great for implementing details on the sides. I was thinking something like this for the pant stripe to mimic the shoulder stripes --

NR8Rpzt.png

Should I flip it so that it is coming down instead of up? I like BBTV's suggestion about the striping. Might need to try mirroring it instead for that effect. For now, here's what I've come up with --

Home

jDC8sPq.png

Alternate

3UE43Kb.png

For the Away sets, I used a few potential combinations with various accessories. Thoughts? Any preferences?

Option 1

H4PuGRp.png

Option 2

TrS8qx1.png

Option 3 (only using different color accessories)

l78QcEa.png

Option 4

OjsMCsM.png

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, YankeeBaseball0934f said:

Awesome job! Is this template available for download?

Thanks!

This is something I've been building for a while now, and am modifying it as I go. It's not currently set up as a template that'd actually work for anyone else since there is no real order to these layers. To give you an idea on how scrambled it is, there are currently 936 individual layers, and the file size in Photoshop is currently 5.28 GB. 😅 

If I ever get it to a point where I feel it would be a great tool for someone, I'd be willing to share. It's just not there yet. 

• Like 4

I was thinking the point would go down, but I also really like the way you did it.  The only thing is that IMO if the stripes are wider at the bottom, then the middle stripe shoudl probably match the socks - which I think works well the way you did it... as long as they don't decide to mix and match.

WHen you look at when the current set was unveiled, the pants were absolutely designed to go with certain color socks - they then deviated from that.  Notice how the wide part of the stripe matches the socks.

2003_Atlanta.png

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

37 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I was thinking the point would go down, but I also really like the way you did it.  The only thing is that IMO if the stripes are wider at the bottom, then the middle stripe shoudl probably match the socks - which I think works well the way you did it... as long as they don't decide to mix and match.

WHen you look at when the current set was unveiled, the pants were absolutely designed to go with certain color socks - they then deviated from that.  Notice how the wide part of the stripe matches the socks.

Great point, thanks! Looks like the home and alternate would follow this pattern, but the away would either need the white socks with the current pant stripe, (option 4), or I'd need to swap the order of the red and white stripes on the black pants.

JmHAefI.png

• Like 1

I think it's just up to your personal preference.  I like the option 4 look best (black pants, white center stripe, white socks), but the inverse stripe and red socks is fine too.  My 'rule' is just that - mine.  It's by no means an objective design guideline, just my preference. 

• Like 1

I'm normally not a fan of stripes leaving the sleeve cap, but these are way better than what the Browns and Jets did because they don't go too far into the yoke or chest. I also like that specific model you choose because it let's you show off all parts of the uniform.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I appreciate the C&C everyone! I'll likely revisit this when the new uniforms (and potentially logos) are revealed with an update. 

For now, I thought I'd come up with a variation of what I've got so far. My personal favorite was the black set, so I've based the rest of the set on them. Each uniform now has gray pants. (Note: I'm calling them gray, as I don't think the color is quite silver, and I'd like to let the Raiders own black and silver.)

I thought the red gloves and shoes feel like something Nike would do to highlight their product, as red tends to flash against black and gray. I also think it helps differentiate from the Raiders a bit more, while maintaining the overall black/gray aesthetic. 

Home

4YNttCS.png

Alternate

eiwjM7U.png

Away

PzYkYHw.png

Do you think the gray pants work with this version of the red jersey? Or am I forcing it? I tried gray numbers on the red jersey, but I didn't feel there was enough contrast. Instead, I replaced the white stripe on the shoulder with a gray stripe to try to tie them together. Thoughts? 

• Like 6

As good as the grey looks, I'd love to see a version that completely replaces it with white. I'd also like to see what the rest of the set looks like with red helmet and pant options, just to see how those fit. All in all, this is an amazing concept that will probably be much better than what the Falcons end up with. Great job!

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns