XFL 2023: Third Time's the Charm!

officeglenn

12 minutes ago, McCall said:
2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I should know this, but can someone fill me in on why Ta'amu did not return to St. Louis?

Every team started from scratch. Nobody went back to their teams from 2020. Plus, I think he even signed back with the league well after the draft (I could me mistaken on that). 

So could St. Louis have had Ta'amu if they had wanted him?

And did absolutely no player return to his former team?

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

4 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Not that I'm aware of. If they did, it's because either they were drafted or re-signed. There was a full-on new draft. No roster carried over. Bob Stoops may be the only guy who returned in the same situation from 2020.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, McCall said:
8 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Not that I'm aware of. If they did, it's because either they were drafted or re-signed. There was a full-on new draft. No roster carried over. Bob Stoops may be the only guy who returned in the same situation from 2020.

I see now that Ta'amu is not in the list of players who were taken in the league draft in November; I am reading that he signed with the league in January, and was assigned to D.C.  McCarron is obviously doing a great job at St. Louis (who drafted him in November).  But Ta'amu seemed to be the standout player on the most popular team in 2020, so it would have been neat from the fans' perspective to keep that going.  Hypothetical question: if St. Louis had been unhappy with McCarron in practices, would they have been able to get Ta'amu assigned to them?

Anyway, I am glad to see that Ta'amu landed with another well-supported team, where he can continue to be the face of the league.  But I still think that it's a bit surprising that the league didn't have some kind of continuity preference for returning players (however few they might be). 

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

6 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I should know this, but can someone fill me in on why Ta'amu did not return to St. Louis?

I wish he would've gone back to STL to keep seeing continuity between 2.0 and 3.0 -- but him jumping to DC just adds to this budding rivalry.

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

8 hours ago, tigers said:

Now that’s a stat that’ll get the XFL known.

If I were the Defenders social media team, I'd be requesting concessions sales data for the game by area/section bought from Audi Field/Levy (concessions partner) to put that on a graphic and send it out. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Cruhawk7975 said:

If I were the Defenders social media team, I'd be requesting concessions sales data for the game by area/section bought from Audi Field/Levy (concessions partner) to put that on a graphic and send it out. 

That's a brilliant idea. Leagues like this need a touch of whimsy, especially when fans develop these things organically. It shows people are showing up to their event and genuinely having a good time. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Orlando isn’t going to win a single game all year and a lot of it is because they lack any sense of organization.

And Paxton Lynch has no business on a football field -- yet they KEEP going back to him.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png